Deepest Gas Tank in Combat Sports

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Take Tito off the list he looked gassed against Griffin. But then that might have been just one bad night.[/quote]

One bad night.

He sprained/tore his ACL during training for that fight and had to cut way back on his cardio work in the weeks leading up to the fight.

[quote]kligor wrote:
Sentoguy wrote:
Can’t believe nobody’s mentioned Couture yet! That guy is almost 44 years old and he out hustled and out lasted Tito in their fight.

I also agree with Sakuraba in his prime. Can’t believe that guy could go as long as he did with Royce in their first fight (especially seeing as I’ve heard he smokes like 3 packs of cigarettes a day!).

I’ve also gotta agree with Frank Shamrock (not Ken though, he’s never had good cardio, even in his prime), Royce, Hughes, and Fedor of course.

I think as far as Randleman and Coleman go, first, they both do steroids which can actually hinder aerobic capacity, and they are completely 1 dimensional.

If Randleman had gone and trained with a good striking coach and got good at the striking game, he would have been an absolute monster. All he would need to do then is to work on submissions/submission defense and I don’t think there would be anyone (including Fedor) who would have been better than him. Instead he just continues to be one dimensional and train at Hammer House. Sad really.

Good training,

Sentoguy

Couture is definitely a good pick.

But I don’t know if even a well-rounded Randleman could beat Fedor. Yes, Randleman is an absolute genetic freak, blessed with tremendous speed and power. And Fedor isn’t exactly known for being the fastest or the strongest fighter of all, but he’s definitely known as the smartest.

I think he’d have the game plan to beat even a well-rounded Randleman.[/quote]

Well of course it’s all speculation. But watch that fight again. Randleman was winning that fight until Fedor reversed him, got side control and applied the Kimura.

Had Randleman known how to defend that Kimura and regained control, he may have been able to win that fight. Also, you’ve gotta admit that that jumping suplex was one of the sickest slams ever. :slight_smile:

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
kligor wrote:
Sentoguy wrote:
Can’t believe nobody’s mentioned Couture yet! That guy is almost 44 years old and he out hustled and out lasted Tito in their fight.

I also agree with Sakuraba in his prime. Can’t believe that guy could go as long as he did with Royce in their first fight (especially seeing as I’ve heard he smokes like 3 packs of cigarettes a day!).

I’ve also gotta agree with Frank Shamrock (not Ken though, he’s never had good cardio, even in his prime), Royce, Hughes, and Fedor of course.

I think as far as Randleman and Coleman go, first, they both do steroids which can actually hinder aerobic capacity, and they are completely 1 dimensional.

If Randleman had gone and trained with a good striking coach and got good at the striking game, he would have been an absolute monster. All he would need to do then is to work on submissions/submission defense and I don’t think there would be anyone (including Fedor) who would have been better than him. Instead he just continues to be one dimensional and train at Hammer House. Sad really.

Good training,

Sentoguy

Couture is definitely a good pick.

But I don’t know if even a well-rounded Randleman could beat Fedor. Yes, Randleman is an absolute genetic freak, blessed with tremendous speed and power. And Fedor isn’t exactly known for being the fastest or the strongest fighter of all, but he’s definitely known as the smartest.

I think he’d have the game plan to beat even a well-rounded Randleman.

Well of course it’s all speculation. But watch that fight again. Randleman was winning that fight until Fedor reversed him, got side control and applied the Kimura.

Had Randleman known how to defend that Kimura and regained control, he may have been able to win that fight. Also, you’ve gotta admit that that jumping suplex was one of the sickest slams ever. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Whenever I introduce new friends to MMA, the Fedor/Randleman fight is often the first one I show. One of the sickest slams indeed! :slight_smile:

You gotta like Mark Hunt! I love his expression after his fight against Silva. He couldn’t believe he won.

While Hunt is a superb athlete, I don’t know if I’d rank him among the best conditioned. Why? See his fight with Nishijima.

[quote]kligor wrote:
While Hunt is a superb athlete, I don’t know if I’d rank him among the best conditioned. Why? See his fight with Nishijima.[/quote]

You must be very dense.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
kligor wrote:
While Hunt is a superb athlete, I don’t know if I’d rank him among the best conditioned. Why? See his fight with Nishijima.

You must be very dense.[/quote]

LOL. Ya think?

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
kligor wrote:

Funny

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
kligor wrote:

I must be an idiot… that went over my head.

[quote]kligor wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
kligor wrote:

You must be very dense.

I must be an idiot… that went over my head.[/quote]

Hahaah, don’t worry, with some of the posts you have to really think if someone is trying to be serious or not.