Dchris's Grappling with Age

It’s a game changer. BB alone hasn’t been as effective for me.

6/14

Shoulders

OHP
2x10x95
3x3x135

Cable Press - unilateral
4x10

Cable Shrugs
4x20

DB Lateral raises
3x12

Cable raises lateral and front
3x12

Cable upright rows
3x12

1 Like

Awesome.

You’re gonna kill it now man.

1 Like

Wow, great gym setup!

1 Like

@SkyzykS and @littlesleeper thanks guys. Pretty happy with everything.

6/15

No workout. Did play a 9 inning game. Caught the whole damn thing. My legs are very angry. Ha.

1 Like

6/20

Spent day in the river

Straight arm Lat pull downs
3x10
Face pulls
3x10
Lat pull downs
4x12
Cable rows
3x12

20 KB swings after each set

Pull-ups

Been a pretty crazy month +. Spent the last 16 days out with COVID (round 2). Kicked my ass this time around.

Also, picked up at 100lb Titan Slam Ball. Holy shit. My whole body hurts. Only workouts for last 3 days of feeling better has been picking it up and putting it down.

3 Likes

That’s nuts. I was just looking here last night to see what you’ve been up to.

Glad you’re on the mend. :+1:

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re on the mend.

I wish I had access to Titan equipment. Looks like some decent quality stuff at great prices. I would likely spend wayyy too much on stuff I didn’t need though. Although, I did just pick up a used Rogue 10” strongman log…

1 Like

I’ve been really happy with it. My yolk hole spacing was slightly off for one hole and they sent me new uprights in 5 days. Other than that, it’s been great.

Mainly a lot of surviving. July was the hardest month of my life for tons of reasons.

8/29

First real workout in awhile.

50 100lb slam ball squats

Zercher squat
20x135
10x175
2x5x225

BB lunges
3x8x95lbs

20 slam ball over 60” yolk

Yolk holds
2x45secs w/350lbs
2x30secs w/400lbs

2 x Five slam ball squats and 60 yard walk without dropping ball

5 rounds

1 Like

Been missing logging, but stayed mostly consistent. Four training days a week right now. Diet has been cleaned up the last week. Long ways to go though.

9/10

OHP

Worked up to 2 sets of 5 with 135.

Lateral Raises
3x10

Arnold Presses
3x10

Cable Presses
3x10

1 Like

9/11

Z Squats
2x10x135
10x185
5x225
2x275
10x185

Some accessory work

9/12

Mid-Incline bench
2x10x135
3x4x175

Cable presses and flies
6xamrap

Pushups

Over three months since last workout. Life, man. Lots of life.

Starting a PPL workout scheme. Hopefully getting things sorted. We have hired four people since last update, all to offload my workload to.

Push

Seating OHP
2x10x95 - Warmup
3x8x115

Incline Bench
2x10x115 - Warmup
3x8x135

Cable Flies
3x10

Lateral Raises

Tricep Kickbacks

2 Likes

Been a wild year already. Don’t count on any form of consistent updating. I’ve been drinking a lot. Nothing crazy, but 3 cocktails a night to help with sleep, stress, frustrations. Working 65 hours a week, traveling 4 days a week. Made partner, but honestly don’t care, which is crazy after gunning for it for 4 years. At the same dinner I was given partnership, I told them I’m leaving later this year. I’m in the third round of interviewing for two large firms, and will be leaving the time zone the second I can. Need a restart in life.

1 Like

All moved in to new state. New job, new everything.

Likely to be better a posting moving forward. New job pays way better, is work from home, without travel, and is capped at 45 hours a week. So… in all ways better, except, I’m not a partner.

Last two weeks, I have been jogging the .5 mile to the HOA gym, working out and jogging back. As I get in better shape, I’ll take a longer path to the gym. Workouts have been structured as Push, Pull, Legs. Current weight hovers around 230.

Diet has been much better with full control over timing of meals. For those that have followed, My meals have been all over the place with travel, long meetings and binging at nights.

This evening. (9pm or so), I’ll hit legs.

3 Likes

Wasn’t feeling great last night.

6/10

Leg day

.6 mile jog to gym

Lots of squats and lunges

15 minutes in high incline treadmill walk

.6 mile jog

It’s 96F and 60% humidity. Need to lose weight so I can workout shirtless. My shirt weighs 40lbs from sweating so much.

6/13

First Surge day

Starting stats:
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 229lbs

Took SWF before, during and (will take) before bed. Before jumping into workout, a few notes:

1. Definitely got a good pump, which was primarily felt 30 Minutes after workout.
    2 I’ve never worked out such isolated muscle groups (thighs, lats, triceps and forearms). Extremely odd feeling to have thighs pumped but not glutes too. I went for a .5 mile walk and felt like I had a compression pad on my thighs.
  2. The Stimulate portion was brutal, especially for legs and lats.
  3. SWF lemon is delicious!
  4. Was a bit clumsy looking at phone constantly to remember different blocks, exercises and rep scheme. It’ll get better on Wednesday

Thighs:

• I haven’t done curls/ext in a long time, especially not back to back with little rest. The whole thing hurt.

Lats:

• probably should have gone heavier on rows.
  • pullovers were brutal though. I haven’t done them in years. Mostly done pull downs and these worked me.

Triceps:

• Stimulate phase killed me. The last ten second hold I thought I was going to drop the weight. Again, DB OH ext are not something I’ve done much of.
  • I’ll definitely take the bands next time too. Would have been more brutal. I just wasn’t thinking and forgot them.

Forearms

• have done forearm work since before I met my wife 11 years ago. Not for those reasons tho! Back then I played baseball and forearm work was a staple… lot of bad jokes in there.
  • forearms are tingly and weak. Good thing I’m married :wink:

Bicep vein made an appearance too.

4 Likes

Two days later… my weight… 242lbs… what?

Also, triceps and lats are sore this morning. Other note is my arms, chest, back and legs feel full. Not necessarily pumped, but definitely full. I’m looking forward to day 2 this evening, specifically shoulders. I already know the stimulate portion will be brutal.

1 Like

I missed the announcement for this! Im not sure i could have committed to the routine in my home gym due to limited equipment. I have been looking at getting some surge though as noticed now a uk website, so will keeping an eye on peoples results.

I hadn’t really been on here in awhile and happened to sign on the day it opened. Kind of reminds of the Indigo days when a bunch of frequent posters went to Colorado for a few days.

3 Likes