Deep Fried Coke

It’s real.

Gonzales deep-fries Coca-Cola-flavored batter. He then drizzles Coke fountain syrup on it. The fried Coke is topped with whipped cream, cinnamon sugar and a cherry. Gonzales said the fried Coke came about just from thinking aloud.

http://www.wftv.com/foodnews/9789814/detail.html

[i]Fried Coke is a new American snack created in 2006. It consists of balls of batter mixed with Coca-Cola syrup, which are fried and then topped with more Coca-Cola syrup, whipped cream, cinnamon sugar, and a cherry. It was introduced by inventor Abel Gonzales, Jr., at the 2006 State Fair of Texas, where it won the title of “Most Creative” in the second annual judged competition among food vendors.[1][2]

It proved very popular in Texas, selling 16,000 cups in the first two weeks, and is now being adopted as a snack by fairs in North Carolina as well as Arizona. It is also very popular in California.

Fried Coke is estimated to have 830 calories (3.5KJ).[3][/i]

yummy, sounds delicious. I can see it now… Deep Fried Coke: The corner stone of the American diet.

If you deep fry it with baking soda, will you end up with deep fried crack?

WTF is wrong with people?!?

Wow…

…that’s fucking AWESOME.

It is very tasty.

I have a Coke Cake recipe, but it’s not deep-fried; it’s just baked like a regular cake.

I fried up some Oreo’s last weekend. They were crazy delicious.

This honestly doesn’t surprise or shock me. This country is really going in a downward spiral.

-dizzle

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:
I have a Coke Cake recipe, but it’s not deep-fried; it’s just baked like a regular cake. [/quote]

Also yummy, but the difference in a gas station donut and krispy kreme.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I fried up some Oreo’s last weekend. They were crazy delicious.[/quote]

Those are awesome. A vendor at a street festival here sells them every year. It’s best to eat them right away while the chocolate is still melty.

I want to try it.

I am totally down.

All I want to know is this:
“Can I dip my fried twinkie in it and eat it without dying immediately?”

That sounds damn good, but the deep fried Snickers bar may still win…it was damn good!

Good stuff. They have just about everything you could think of fried at the Texas State Fair.

“Yea hi, I’d like to order triple bypass please.”

“Can I also get some ass cancer on the side”?

I hate obese people. Any obese people that eat this shit then complain that they are fat deserve to die of a massive heart attack.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
If you deep fry it with baking soda, will you end up with deep fried crack?[/quote]

Yep. And then you can just smoke it insteadof eating it.

The invention of the deep fryer will prove to be the downfall of mankind