Decreased Test After Rugby Games?

Hi guys, had heared claims that decreased testosterone levels were common accross rugby players after games. I was simply wondering if anyone had any idea if this was true or not and could point me in the direction of some research on the topic?

And if this is true, anyone got any good supp and diet tips to help counteract this…

Much appreciated guys

There is a dip in testosterone after heavy exercise, google it for research.
The misleading thing about that statement is that it doesn’t take into account the fact that the dip in testosterone decreases the negative feedback therefore causing the body to produce more testosterone in the longer term.
My tip would be use whatever nutrition allows you to perform at a high level in Rugby and then have a good meal after.

Im sorry but rugby is no different than any other sport. Running, jumping, etc. Take a look at any pro rugby/NFL player and you will see they clearly do not lack in T-levels… You’re fine

Don’t worry about it. Sure as hell beats never playing games.

[quote]benowen7 wrote:
And if this is true, anyone got any good supp and diet tips to help counteract this…
[/quote]

Yes, it’s called your own damn body! Test levels rise and fall from all kinds of things. Whatever decrease you experience after a game is normal, and your body will pump the levels back up to where they were no problem. I mean, if it didn’t return them to normal, then how would you even have a decrease? You would just play 3 games and then have no testosterone ever lol. Thankfully that’s not how it works.