T Nation

Decreased Sex Drive While On?

First things first…

My cycle:

Weeks 1-6 test E 300mg PW
Weeks 1-6 EQ 300mg PW
Weeks 7-14 Test 500 @ 500mg PW
Weeks 7-14 EQ 300mg PW

Im in week 9 and my sex drive is shot. It was good up until I switched to the test 500. My BP also went down when I switched test. My strength went down slightly. Im not sure if the gear is bunk or not, but is it possible more test can lower your sex drive?

Any advice is helpful

Absolutely… in an indirect way. Higher levels of E can do that. Everyone reacts differently. But E could easily be the problem.

Do you feel different in other ways such as lower initiative, mood, energy? E can do that too.

The timing might be real or might be partly coincidence. The effects of E take a while to affect tissues, brain and mental activity such as libido. But the increase in T fueling aromatization could certainly make things get bad faster.

Do you have some arimidex/anastrozole or other AI on hand? .5mg/EOD would be typical, but takes a while to build to terminal serum values because of the long half life. You could front load with 1mg/day for two days then start the .5mg EOD. You might feel a significant improvement in 7-10 days.

In a state like this where E causes problems, I do not know if a SERM would restore libido. Others will know.

Others may suggest more arimidex. And some for the same cycle might need more than another guy. Again, everyone is different.

I don’t know if the other gear has any progesterone type effects… completely out of my realm.

Switch back to the original test and see if that gets you back on track.

High (or too low) E2 levels can cause erection problems (problems maintaining an erection, quality, etc). I have read of people suffering a “limp noodle” syndrome, commonly.

Are you taking an anti E?

What brand of gear are you taking currently? Underground lab?

This post is some good reading on the subject.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1399735

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
High (or too low) E2 levels can cause erection problems (problems maintaining an erection, quality, etc). I have read of people suffering a “limp noodle” syndrome, commonly.[/quote]

I was going to say this exact thing. When I take test at 200mg/wk or so I have a raging sex drive. But when I go 500-1000/wk I sometimes find it hard to keep my estrogen levels balanced. I either have too much or too little based on how much AI I take.

I’m not sure I understood your post correctly, did you just up the dose of testosterone or did you switch to a different brand and up the dose?

[quote]KSman wrote:
Absolutely… in an indirect way. Higher levels of E can do that. Everyone reacts differently. But E could easily be the problem.

Do you feel different in other ways such as lower initiative, mood, energy? E can do that too.

The timing might be real or might be partly coincidence. The effects of E take a while to affect tissues, brain and mental activity such as libido. But the increase in T fueling aromatization could certainly make things get bad faster.

Do you have some arimidex/anastrozole or other AI on hand? .5mg/EOD would be typical, but takes a while to build to terminal serum values because of the long half life. You could front load with 1mg/day for two days then start the .5mg EOD. You might feel a significant improvement in 7-10 days.

In a state like this where E causes problems, I do not know if a SERM would restore libido. Others will know.

Others may suggest more arimidex. And some for the same cycle might need more than another guy. Again, everyone is different.

I don’t know if the other gear has any progesterone type effects… completely out of my realm.[/quote]

I have Arimidex on hand, Took .5mg yesterday.

Doesn’t higher E mean bloated? I’m not really experiencing that right now. My mood has been so/so…It seems i can hard , but it has trouble staying hard. I told my new gf about the juice just so she thinks Im not a limp dick. besides she is 19 and im 28 so i have to beable to keep her happy.

Besides getting it tested how would one know if the test 500 is good or not? Only thing I could point out is for 5 days after injection the site is painful as hell, almost like a not in my thigh. It only happens when I inject the test 50 alone without the EQ…Is that a good sign?

how do i know if my E is extremely high?

[quote]Hillside77 wrote:
Switch back to the original test and see if that gets you back on track.
[/quote]

First bottle of test was bought thru a well-known source. The guy that makes it and the owner had issues. He left his partner and went solo and second bottle was his, just under a different name and label. I dont have anymore of original stuff…

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
High (or too low) E2 levels can cause erection problems (problems maintaining an erection, quality, etc). I have read of people suffering a “limp noodle” syndrome, commonly.

Are you taking an anti E?

What brand of gear are you taking currently? Underground lab?

This post is some good reading on the subject.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1399735[/quote]

Its underground, I rather not say the source unless I’m sure his gear is the cause.

I wasnt taking an Anti E because I thought there was no need too, I wasnt bloated. I did have a small lump develop in my 5th week and one time dose of arimidex at .5 took care of it…

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
Petedacook wrote:
High (or too low) E2 levels can cause erection problems (problems maintaining an erection, quality, etc). I have read of people suffering a “limp noodle” syndrome, commonly.

I was going to say this exact thing. When I take test at 200mg/wk or so I have a raging sex drive. But when I go 500-1000/wk I sometimes find it hard to keep my estrogen levels balanced. I either have too much or too little based on how much AI I take.[/quote]

Arent you bloated though when your E is high? I think you may be right. at 300mg per week it was crazy high @ 500+ mg pw is is quite the opposite. Im thinking of ending the cycle a few weeks early because Im affraid if its not real test, Im causing myself more trouble then I need.

[quote]Hillside77 wrote:
I’m not sure I understood your post correctly, did you just up the dose of testosterone or did you switch to a different brand and up the dose? [/quote]

Up the dose, and its a different label, but the same guy is making it.

[quote]iannotti wrote:

Besides getting it tested how would one know if the test 500 is good or not? Only thing I could point out is for 5 days after injection the site is painful as hell, almost like a not in my thigh. It only happens when I inject the test 50 alone without the EQ…Is that a good sign?

how do i know if my E is extremely high?[/quote]

You could get a blood test for E2. As I pointed out, everyone’s reactions are different. So you might not get water bloat, but might gain fat over a period of time. Take the arimidex front load and see how you feel in 7-19 days. If you get better, then you know the issue was E.

[quote]KSman wrote:
iannotti wrote:

Besides getting it tested how would one know if the test 500 is good or not? Only thing I could point out is for 5 days after injection the site is painful as hell, almost like a not in my thigh. It only happens when I inject the test 50 alone without the EQ…Is that a good sign?

how do i know if my E is extremely high?

You could get a blood test for E2. As I pointed out, everyone’s reactions are different. So you might not get water bloat, but might gain fat over a period of time. Take the arimidex front load and see how you feel in 7-19 days. If you get better, then you know the issue was E.[/quote]

I use the VA hospital and the last time I inquired about getting some bloodwork done, they looked at me in a strange way and said Why do you need this done…Blah,blah,blah…

Btw, Im not gaining any fat either…

i wish there was a way without a test.

[quote]iannotti wrote:
Hillside77 wrote:
Switch back to the original test and see if that gets you back on track.

First bottle of test was bought thru a well-known source. The guy that makes it and the owner had issues. He left his partner and went solo and second bottle was his, just under a different name and label. I dont have anymore of original stuff…[/quote]

I don’t think you would go from feeling great and making gains to feeling like crap and no gains from an extra 200mg. of testosterone. It’s possible you are converting too much testosterone to estrogens, but It seems more likely to me that there is a problem with the new test.

Based on the responses you have got the best solutions to your problem seem to be either getting a new bottle of test, or buying some arimidex.

[quote]Hillside77 wrote:
iannotti wrote:
Hillside77 wrote:
Switch back to the original test and see if that gets you back on track.

First bottle of test was bought thru a well-known source. The guy that makes it and the owner had issues. He left his partner and went solo and second bottle was his, just under a different name and label. I dont have anymore of original stuff…

I don’t think you would go from feeling great and making gains to feeling like crap and no gains from an extra 200mg. of testosterone. It’s possible you are converting too much testosterone to estrogens, but It seems more likely to me that there is a problem with the new test.

Based on the responses you have got the best solutions to your problem seem to be either getting a new bottle of test, or buying some arimidex. [/quote]

I contacted the source an he said we would offer to send my bottle out an get tested to prove its legit and actually overdosed. This doesnt make any sense, I feel like banging my head against the wall…

Last 3 shots (last Thurs, Monday, and yesterday, I shot 500mg each time…Verdict, no change, strength hasnt budged. I can feel the pumps from the EQ though.

To the OP, estrogen doesn’t necessarily = bloat. And I go to the VA, and I have my bloodwork done once every 6 months. Just be careful, I had elevated cholesterol, slightly, and received a statin drug in the mail from them. DO NOT TAKE THAT SHIT! Also, there is a really good source on here for liquid Cialis, I got mine on Monday, and it works, BIG TIME (no pun intended).

[quote]iannotti wrote:
Hillside77 wrote:
iannotti wrote:
Hillside77 wrote:
Switch back to the original test and see if that gets you back on track.

First bottle of test was bought thru a well-known source. The guy that makes it and the owner had issues. He left his partner and went solo and second bottle was his, just under a different name and label. I dont have anymore of original stuff…

I don’t think you would go from feeling great and making gains to feeling like crap and no gains from an extra 200mg. of testosterone. It’s possible you are converting too much testosterone to estrogens, but It seems more likely to me that there is a problem with the new test.

Based on the responses you have got the best solutions to your problem seem to be either getting a new bottle of test, or buying some arimidex.

I contacted the source an he said we would offer to send my bottle out an get tested to prove its legit and actually overdosed. This doesnt make any sense, I feel like banging my head against the wall…

Last 3 shots (last Thurs, Monday, and yesterday, I shot 500mg each time…Verdict, no change, strength hasnt budged. I can feel the pumps from the EQ though.

[/quote]

This is not necessarily a good thing. These tests are manipulated across the spectrum.

You asked if there is a way to know if the juice is legit without testing it, and the answer is “know your source.”

Other than that, you can just go on gut instinct and your synopsis of your response to the gear and make an educated guess.

Is it possible for my body to respond better to test E over test 500…Sounds retarded since its just a different ester but curious…

[quote]iannotti wrote:
Is it possible for my body to respond better to test E over test 500…Sounds retarded since its just a different ester but curious…[/quote]

More test means more E, not very complicated. And some will make more, some less. So no hard and fast rules.

Is the test 500 an ester? If not but is a suspension, T will spike and drive E higher, with more SHBG. You did state " differnent ester".

[quote]KSman wrote:
iannotti wrote:
Is it possible for my body to respond better to test E over test 500…Sounds retarded since its just a different ester but curious…

More test means more E, not very complicated. And some will make more, some less. So no hard and fast rules.

Is the test 500 an ester? If not but is a suspension, T will spike and drive E higher, with more SHBG. You did state " differnent ester".[/quote]

Its just 250 test e 250 Test C

Someone said my bod just may not like the test 500, opposed to just reguklar test e…i dont think that makes much sense!