Declaration of War

[quote]MainelyTrucks wrote:
One way to revolt would be to stop paying your “voluntary” income tax. 85% of Americans pay Income tax, State and Federal, but only @ 4.3% of Americans (not counting Canada, Central or South America’s) are obligated to pay income tax. The rest do so “Voluntarily”. Just think how nice it would be if the governments of the U.S. couldn’t spend like drunken idiots.
I suggest you look into stopping the over fed Government by stopping the over feeding of it.[/quote]

That didn’t work out so well for my favorite vampire hunter,Blade.

a.k.a Wesley Snipes.

[quote]orion wrote:
kroby wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:

In sum - grow up.

All I was going to say is “The law is the law. As a citizen, by living here, you accept the laws and abide by them.”

But you words are so much more succinct.

There is the underlying assumption in there that a government that does seriously stupid or even downright dangerous shit has more rights of being “here” than you do.[/quote]

Cameras are not seriously stupid or dangerous. People traveling at a rate of speed that is in fact a danger to those around them… are both.

That’s not what I meant at all. By living “here” there is a tacit understanding that rules are present and all follow them, until such time that they are changed. But until then, they are followed. It’s not diabolical.

[quote]Not that governments can really move since they do not really exist.

What does exist is a bunch of assholes who make you dance to their tune by using our societies myths, they are as legitimate as the Aztec priests were.

And they can move anytime they want.
[/quote]

I agree.

[quote]kroby wrote:
orion wrote:
kroby wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:

In sum - grow up.

All I was going to say is “The law is the law. As a citizen, by living here, you accept the laws and abide by them.”

But you words are so much more succinct.

There is the underlying assumption in there that a government that does seriously stupid or even downright dangerous shit has more rights of being “here” than you do.

Cameras are not seriously stupid or dangerous. People traveling at a rate of speed that is in fact a danger to those around them… are both.

So, love it or leave it should apply to governments, not to citizens because governments exist to serve citizen, not the other way around.

That’s not what I meant at all. By living “here” there is a tacit understanding that rules are present and all follow them, until such time that they are changed. But until then, they are followed. It’s not diabolical.

Not that governments can really move since they do not really exist.

What does exist is a bunch of assholes who make you dance to their tune by using our societies myths, they are as legitimate as the Aztec priests were.

And they can move anytime they want.

I agree.[/quote]

There are of course also those cameras that monitor whether you break for a red light or not.

Those actually cause accidents.

However, in some districts they are already asking themselves if they should not dismantle cameras since they produce so little revenue.

Makes you wonder if the purpose was to make traffic safer or to make money.

[quote]orion wrote:

There are of course also those cameras that monitor whether you break for a red light or not.

Those actually cause accidents.

However, in some districts they are already asking themselves if they should not dismantle cameras since they produce so little revenue.

Makes you wonder if the purpose was to make traffic safer or to make money.[/quote]

I can speak with experience on this. Phoenix was notorious for red light running and lots of death as a result. They put to red light cameras up all over. Fines were minimum $300 or something like that. Very cost prohibitive. Red light fatalities went down.

Speed cameras were also placed in strategic areas all across the valley. Surface streets and highways. People were doing 75 in a 45 zone; 120 on a 65 mph highway. Those dudes were nabbed, licenses revoked.

The speed cameras make a ton of money off the people that just go 10 miles over the speed limit.