Declaration of War

So I was driving to work in the Communist State of Maryland (not by choice) and I was nabbed by one of those damn speed cameras. In order to preserve freedom and the American way I of life, I hereby call on all like-minded individuals to take arms (spray paint, bat, chainsaw) against these tyrannical contraptions and rise up against the corrupt money hungry douche bag politicians.

For “These are the times that try men’s souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: 'Tis dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Britain (Maryland) with and army to enforce her tyranny, has declared that she has a right (not only to TAX) but “to BIND us in ALL CASES WHATSOEVER,” and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious, for so unlimited power can belong only to GOD.” Thomas Paine

Fuck You Maryland

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

I remember a news story a year ago in Chicago, IL where people in the ghetto areas of the city would put on ski masks and in the middle of the night, and destroy the speeder cameras in their neighborhoods. It was pretty funny, because the police would try and set up sting operations to catch the perps, but it never worked. It cost the city a whole hell of a lot of money.

That’d be my best bet: dress up in a ski mask and then defile the camera-box-o-greed in the middle of the night.

How about driving slower?

Where did you get caught?

People need to rise up and destroy these cameras.

[quote]lixy wrote:
How about driving slower?[/quote]

haha, what a quaint suggestion.

Fuck yes…Destroy cameras! Those things are total bullshit. I hbet balls on a frying pan those motherfuckers are unconstitutional.

[quote]buffballswell wrote:
So I was driving to work in the Communist State of Maryland (not by choice) and I was nabbed by one of those damn speed cameras. [/quote]

I have seen lots of red light cameras but no speed cameras. Where were you driving?

Embrace the police state.

Oh, great, it’s going statewide:

[quote]lixy wrote:

How bout licking my taint? Don’t like that idea, perhaps you should pay me 40 dollars.

I support the motion to destroy any and all surveillance cameras. You have NO idea how many surveillance cameras there are. You’re luck-in the present situation-if we can take a shit without having a surveillance camera monitoring us.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Thats brilliant, then you wont be going so fast you cant aim, and you can shoot it out!

[quote]Scrotus wrote:
lixy wrote:
How about driving slower?

Thats brilliant, then you wont be going so fast you cant aim, and you can shoot it out![/quote]

Not to mention that you’ll be saving gas.

I have a novel idea - instead of tying a rag around your head and painting your face and crying “viva la revolucion!!” as if the hordes of faceless Gestapo are marching into town, contact your local representative, get involved in local democratic politics, and get the law changed.

I know, I know - it’s dull, it’s tedious, it requires some homework, and nobody gets to feel all warm and fuzzy about the whisper-talk of taking to the hills with rifles and teaching tyranny a hard lesson - but it’s what normal adults do when dissatisfied with political results in their community.

And it’s hardly a “declaration of war!” when you haven’t even tried to get the law changed via democratic processes.

In sum - grow up.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

In sum - grow up.[/quote]

All I was going to say is “The law is the law. As a citizen, by living here, you accept the laws and abide by them.”

But you words are so much more succinct.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Where did you get caught?

People need to rise up and destroy these cameras.[/quote]

They did in my town !

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
get the law changed.

[/quote]

And they did this.

[quote]kroby wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:

In sum - grow up.

All I was going to say is “The law is the law. As a citizen, by living here, you accept the laws and abide by them.”

But you words are so much more succinct.[/quote]

There is the underlying assumption in there that a government that does seriously stupid or even downright dangerous shit has more rights of being “here” than you do.

So, love it or leave it should apply to governments, not to citizens because governments exist to serve citizen, not the other way around.

Not that governments can really move since they do not really exist.

What does exist is a bunch of assholes who make you dance to their tune by using our societies myths, they are as legitimate as the Aztec priests were.

And they can move anytime they want.

Can any of us here stop a tsunami? No.

Each of us will eventually be completely monitored. Every technological advance will be abused by someone, usually someone with immense resources, like government. The Age of Freedom is coming to an end.

To paraphrase Hegel, we will attain ‘perfect freedom’ because our will is to be made to match the will of the State. In a sense, each of us will become the State. You are nothing, the State is all.

Individualism will become some funny quirk people used to have.

One way to revolt would be to stop paying your “voluntary” income tax. 85% of Americans pay Income tax, State and Federal, but only @ 4.3% of Americans (not counting Canada, Central or South America’s) are obligated to pay income tax. The rest do so “Voluntarily”. Just think how nice it would be if the governments of the U.S. couldn’t spend like drunken idiots.
I suggest you look into stopping the over fed Government by stopping the over feeding of it.