Decided to do an Anavar Cycle

Hey what’s up you guys… I posted a while back about doing a test/deca cycle, but I got in a bad car accident (totaled my yukon, in the hospital 8 days) and then a couple weeks later some other shit happened. I’m basically bitching out of the test/deca cycle as I want to wait until I can actually lift real weight and am not just doing rehab for my back. I don’t want to start doing stronger stuff too soon I suppose.

So I decided to do an anavar cycle. I’m going to be taking either 40mg/day or 60mg/day b.c. my pills are 20mg ones. I’ve been on it for like 2 days now, and I’m restarting my back rehab program finally (got wayyy delayed after my wreck). Yesterdays workout was pretty hard for my first day back and I don’t feel sore at all today, I was amazed and I feel really good about the success my rehab will have along with this cycle. I’ll keep this updated and post pics a couple weeks in I suppose.

I’m 6’2", 165 lbs. right now, extremely weak = / I haven’t done anything but take drugs for like 2 years now, but I’m trying to get healthy and I’m really motivated.

I have a couple questions that I didn’t see answered in the steroid newbie thread (or maybe I’m just an idiot, but I did read the thread). -How long can an anavar cycle last for and be healthy? I’ve seen people talk about doing 8-10 weeks, but I was hoping it’d be possible to go for 12 at 40mg/day. If its only advisable to do 8 or maybe 10 weeks I’m going to do 60mg/day.

-What is the lethargy that I hear people talk about caused by and when should I expect to feel it? -Should I do any PCT? My buddy is several steps ahead of me when it comes to gear and he didn’t do any PCT with his first cycle of anavar, but now he obviously does with test/deca and such.

thanks for any help! sorry if my questions were noobish.

You would be MUCH better off to wait till you are 100% THEN train to a decent level naturally THEN use AAS.

AAS work massively better in trained individuals rather than those just starting - let alone just starting AND recovering from injury.

Injury aside i would have advised you to sort your lifestyle out (drugs for 2 years etc…) then progress your training over a year or so from training basic fitness and conditioning to hypertrophy and strength… at which time you’d look to anabolics maybe.

If you only train when using drugs (ie. begin AAS the first day you lift a weight) - you will NEVER manage to keep it up(training) when you come off…

:slight_smile:

I agree with Brook 100%.

You can’t be using AAS when just getting started again. Your gains won’t be much better with them than they would naturally and off cycle would be no fun whatsoever.

Give it a year of hard work and then reconsider.

absolutely right, if you have no training regimen in place how are you even going to measure results?

trainer made a very good point also…you will not be very happy with training results afterwards

the shitty part of this is you are day 2 all ready and you wont listen to any of this

I actually think using AAS for rehab would be a good idea, but seeing as you say you are pretty much a complete newbie to lifting I wouldn’t suggest any more than that for quite some time.

6’2 165 is very skinny, you need to get your nutrition and workout plan under control before you throw in a variable like AAS. I doubt you will stop the anavar seeing as you are already 2 days in, but after this I would seriously wait 1-2 years and get everything else in order before using again.

to answer your question I’ve just heard of 8-10 weeks or even less being the norm.

I woudlent condone a test cycle at this point, but I think an anavar cycle would be not only beneficial to rehab, but will also provide some necessary motivation during an obviously turbulent time.

Get a real PCT lined up as insurance, 50 bucks of nolva will buy you some real piece of mind.

Lets be honest guys, in his situation, wed all do the same thing.

We would Westclock - however that isnt the point.

If it was you saying it or I, then i would agree but this kid is not only first experimenting with AAS at this point, he has never worked out in his life!

If he needs anabolics to motivate at this point, how will he endure a lifetime of discipline and hard work?

He wont is the answer.

We need to do SOME of it ourselves! This kid is just getting drugs to do the work for him - or so he thinks, just reverting to type apparently (from his post).

Brook

[quote]TheRebel22 wrote:
Hey what’s up you guys… I posted a while back about doing a test/deca cycle, but I got in a bad car accident (totaled my yukon, in the hospital 8 days) and then a couple weeks later some other shit happened. I’m basically bitching out of the test/deca cycle as I want to wait until I can actually lift real weight and am not just doing rehab for my back. I don’t want to start doing stronger stuff too soon I suppose.

So I decided to do an anavar cycle. I’m going to be taking either 40mg/day or 60mg/day b.c. my pills are 20mg ones. I’ve been on it for like 2 days now, and I’m restarting my back rehab program finally (got wayyy delayed after my wreck). Yesterdays workout was pretty hard for my first day back and I don’t feel sore at all today, I was amazed and I feel really good about the success my rehab will have along with this cycle. I’ll keep this updated and post pics a couple weeks in I suppose.

I’m 6’2", 165 lbs. right now, extremely weak = / I haven’t done anything but take drugs for like 2 years now, but I’m trying to get healthy and I’m really motivated.

I have a couple questions that I didn’t see answered in the steroid newbie thread (or maybe I’m just an idiot, but I did read the thread). -How long can an anavar cycle last for and be healthy? I’ve seen people talk about doing 8-10 weeks, but I was hoping it’d be possible to go for 12 at 40mg/day. If its only advisable to do 8 or maybe 10 weeks I’m going to do 60mg/day.

-What is the lethargy that I hear people talk about caused by and when should I expect to feel it? -Should I do any PCT? My buddy is several steps ahead of me when it comes to gear and he didn’t do any PCT with his first cycle of anavar, but now he obviously does with test/deca and such.

thanks for any help! sorry if my questions were noobish.[/quote]

I would suggest you read some more on anavar. Just so you have the inside and out on it.

Next I took anavar for a few months last year to cut down for summer and during just to see what it was like.

I experimented with low doses at around 20mgs then up to 50mgs. I found for me the best was 40mgs a day. At the time I started I was about 190ish. You will see in a search some people even suggesting up to 80 to 90 mgs a day.

The lethargy your talking about is a minor dull feeling. You just get lazy. You have to stay motivated and get out of the funk. That is when you know for sure anavar is working well. Some people get it right away some don’t get it at all.

Make sure you eat enough cause it can be appetite suppressing.

I never used a PCT with my cycle of it. I just slowly lowered the dose from 40 to 20 then to 10 for a few weeks each time.

I absolutely loved it and think its on of the best drugs out there. Although its very mild you get great strength increases while your on. And minor gains that you can sustain after with training.

One thing to watch out for are the charlie horses while having sex and when your sleeping. They can be a real bitch.

Good luck and like everyone else said you should be training a lot longer before throwing in AAS into the mix. But since your already on, well not much to do now but enjoy the ride.

Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate it. I suppose your right, the exact same reasoning I used in not using the Test/Deca I have could be applied to Anavar (it’s way tooo early for me to be taking anything). However, as many of you predicted, I’m going to have to agree with Westclock. I feel that this is entirely necessary for my recovery and there’s really no chance that I’m going to stop now.

I DO have an exercise regimen that my therapist is going to update and check on twice a week, so there is going to be a system underneath this madness lol. I’ve already noticed some benefits: I’ve been working out everyday pretty hard (as hard as you can in rehab…) and I don’t even feel sore the next day, my back feels good in the morning, etc. I’ll keep this thread updated.

Well, I’m nearing the end of my cycle and I think it’s been a great success. I’m now 200lbs., was 165 when I made this thread, and didn’t put on any extra fat. I just had NO muscle and this really helped build a lot of core strength. I’m just now starting to branch out away from my rehab exercises and do pushups/chin-ups/bodyweight squats - started doing all that about 2 weeks ago I guess.

My pain in my back hasn’t decreased at all and it’s been pretty irritated lately, but I feel better than ever in general. Like I said in the OP, the main benefit from this cycle was just motivating me to work out and that’s been a complete success. I’m in the habit of working out everyday now doing something and I have so much energy because of it.

You all think I should get anything for PCT and how long do I need to wait in between cycles?

Thinking about getting some Clen and Nolva. Should those be used together as PCT? I really don’t know anything about PCT, I just want to make sure I keep as much of my gains as possible (and I wouldn’t mind getting a bit more ripped with the clen :wink: ).

[quote]TheRebel22 wrote:
…the main benefit from this cycle was just motivating me to work out…

You all think I should get anything for PCT?[/quote]

Moron

[quote]TheRebel22 wrote:
Thinking about getting some Clen and Nolva. Should those be used together as PCT? I really don’t know anything about PCT, I just want to make sure I keep as much of my gains as possible (and I wouldn’t mind getting a bit more ripped with the clen :wink: ).[/quote]

Ditto

Dude…come on.

Well golly jeepers, thanks Bonez. You’re a real badass ; )

WTF are you doing??

First you say your not ready then you go ahead and take some shit. What did you take and for how long?

[quote]TheRebel22 wrote:
I got in a bad car accident (totaled my yukon, in the hospital 8 days)
[/quote]

That wouldn’t of happened if it would have been a Ford.

[quote]TheRebel22 wrote:
Well golly jeepers, thanks Bonez. You’re a real badass ; )[/quote]

If I wanted to be a badass I would have just told you that even after your cycle I can overhead press your bodyweight a few times. But my intention wasn’t to be a badass, so I didn’t say that. Clear?

165lbs @ 6’2"… who else soiled themselves when reading this?

The Machinist anyone?

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
165lbs @ 6’2"… who else soiled themselves when reading this?

The Machinist anyone?[/quote]

Lol I pictured it more like a barbell with a face and limbs.