Decent Gym in Pittsburgh, PA?

Anyone know of a decent gym in Pittsburgh (preferably one with a GHR) that isn’t too far away from the airport?

Anyone??

It’s not too close to the airport, but Martial Arts and Sports Complex Pittsburgh is a great gym. It’s run by former steelers lineman Craig Wolfley, and is in Bridgeville.
Check out www.masc73.com

Brother, you want a real gym? Near the airport? YOu have one solid choice, Ambridge VFW Barbell club. If you are moving to that area I would sign up ASAP…does not get any more hard core than that…platforms, bumpers, racks, old school round DBs, there are guys there in their 40s who will still rip 350 cleans and bench 405 for reps.

Its seriously old school…I miss that place so bad…I wish I would have found it sooner in high school and trained there, you can get good coaching on o-lifting and powerlifting from people who were national competitors back in the day, and still tearing it up…

its not uncommon to go in on a saturday morning, and even if you are a stranger, you get in a rack or on a platform, people will stop their set, stand around you, cheer you on, coach you up, and a few of those cray guys will finish their workout and be sipping on vodka while they coach you up haha…

there is even old time hip lift belt apparatus there and other strong man stuff…

If you are just visiting, Id look it up and try to call the number to see if you can get in. Normally as a member you bang on the door, if no one answers to let you in, you go to the bartender where all the veterans are drinking beer and eating fried fish to get the key…old school, I miss Pittsburgh sometimes, not like this sissy metrosexual DC cardio liberal craze…

[quote]jeremy8986 wrote:
It’s not too close to the airport, but Martial Arts and Sports Complex Pittsburgh is a great gym. It’s run by former steelers lineman Craig Wolfley, and is in Bridgeville.
Check out www.masc73.com[/quote]

Bridgeville is close to the airport.

22/30 east to I-79, to Bridgeville exit. About a 10 minute drive.

Just another plug for M.A.S.C. in Bridgeville.

They have 3 O-lift platforms with full sets of bumpers. 2 GHR machines are available as well as heavy duty squat racks and benches.

The other side of the room is set up with a full boxing ring and various punching bags.

Pittsburgh Barbell club trains there and has coaches available Mon-Thu evenings as well as Saturdays.

I need to visit that place next time Im “home”…sounds like a dream gym! With an old Steeler and WSM running it???

[quote]bluecollarjock wrote:
Brother, you want a real gym? Near the airport? YOu have one solid choice, Ambridge VFW Barbell club. If you are moving to that area I would sign up ASAP…does not get any more hard core than that…platforms, bumpers, racks, old school round DBs, there are guys there in their 40s who will still rip 350 cleans and bench 405 for reps.

Its seriously old school…I miss that place so bad…I wish I would have found it sooner in high school and trained there, you can get good coaching on o-lifting and powerlifting from people who were national competitors back in the day, and still tearing it up…

its not uncommon to go in on a saturday morning, and even if you are a stranger, you get in a rack or on a platform, people will stop their set, stand around you, cheer you on, coach you up, and a few of those cray guys will finish their workout and be sipping on vodka while they coach you up haha…

there is even old time hip lift belt apparatus there and other strong man stuff…

If you are just visiting, Id look it up and try to call the number to see if you can get in. Normally as a member you bang on the door, if no one answers to let you in, you go to the bartender where all the veterans are drinking beer and eating fried fish to get the key…old school, I miss Pittsburgh sometimes, not like this sissy metrosexual DC cardio liberal craze…

[/quote]

Wow! never thought I’d see Ambridge, PA mentioned on here!

Haha…you from Ambridge? Great town, and that gym is kick butt…

Great place to grow up and play football