Decent Article on 'A Calorie is A Calorie'

That article is on my ‘to read’ list. I think it’s ridiculous that people can maintain a mindset of “a calorie is a calorie- I can eat whatever the hell I want so long as my calories remain at maintenance.” Even if there were merit to it from a macronutrient point of view, people over look the importance of micronutrients way too often; I’d rather be getting calories from foods filled with nutrients than from ones stuffed with processed sugars and trans fats. Functionally, calories from a tonne of sugar are going to play havoc with blood glucose/insulin levels, which I certainly wouldn’t want to be getting through the day trying to deal with. It doesn’t even make sense from a physiological point of view- you won’t build muscle by shovelling in a tonne of carbs and fat but neglecting to eat any protein. All calories are equal? Bollocks. In moderation, fine- eat some cake every now and then. Just don’t make it a large constituent of your diet, and eat for what you’re trying to achieve.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]inkcreep wrote:

[quote]wannabebig25 wrote:

[quote]inkcreep wrote:
http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/nutrition/logic-does-not-apply-iii-a-calorie-is-a-calorie/[/quote]

totally unrelated to this thread, but ive been trying to find that DAA thread where i read your post and i cant find it. anyway, im 1 week into the stack you were on, DAA, DS AX and TZ. omg what an insane stack lol.[/quote]

Started at 6g DAA a day (3g in the AM, 3g in the PM) 6 AX a day spread out into three doses along with 4 LX a day spread out as well. Two weeks in I started running he TZ at 6 a day. Yes it is a great stack. I would stagger the AX, LX and TZ to where after four weeks your are off the AX and LX for two weeks but still running the TZ. By the time you come off the TZ your are back on the AX and LX. Basically repeat for 12 weeks then come off a while. The first time I just ran the DAA for the four weeks on the AX and LX, but I’m doing it again this time staying on the DAA the whole time. Hope that helps.[/quote]

NOt to sound like a retart, but can you tell me what the initials stand for?

I know what DAA is.

[/quote]

Also interested if you dont mind.

[quote]watermelon_2001 wrote:
That article is on my ‘to read’ list. I think it’s ridiculous that people can maintain a mindset of “a calorie is a calorie- I can eat whatever the hell I want so long as my calories remain at maintenance.” Even if there were merit to it from a macronutrient point of view, people over look the importance of micronutrients way too often; I’d rather be getting calories from foods filled with nutrients than from ones stuffed with processed sugars and trans fats. Functionally, calories from a tonne of sugar are going to play havoc with blood glucose/insulin levels, which I certainly wouldn’t want to be getting through the day trying to deal with. It doesn’t even make sense from a physiological point of view- you won’t build muscle by shovelling in a tonne of carbs and fat but neglecting to eat any protein. All calories are equal? Bollocks. In moderation, fine- eat some cake every now and then. Just don’t make it a large constituent of your diet, and eat for what you’re trying to achieve.[/quote]

Absolutely. Fortunately, no one is arguing against that. It’s called a strawman. Welcome to the club.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[quote]watermelon_2001 wrote:
That article is on my ‘to read’ list. I think it’s ridiculous that people can maintain a mindset of “a calorie is a calorie- I can eat whatever the hell I want so long as my calories remain at maintenance.” Even if there were merit to it from a macronutrient point of view, people over look the importance of micronutrients way too often; I’d rather be getting calories from foods filled with nutrients than from ones stuffed with processed sugars and trans fats. Functionally, calories from a tonne of sugar are going to play havoc with blood glucose/insulin levels, which I certainly wouldn’t want to be getting through the day trying to deal with. It doesn’t even make sense from a physiological point of view- you won’t build muscle by shovelling in a tonne of carbs and fat but neglecting to eat any protein. All calories are equal? Bollocks. In moderation, fine- eat some cake every now and then. Just don’t make it a large constituent of your diet, and eat for what you’re trying to achieve.[/quote]

Absolutely. Fortunately, no one is arguing against that. It’s called a strawman. Welcome to the club.[/quote]

lol

[quote]inkcreep wrote:

[quote]inkcreep wrote:
http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/nutrition/logic-does-not-apply-iii-a-calorie-is-a-calorie/[/quote]

totally unrelated to this thread, but ive been trying to find that DAA thread where i read your post and i cant find it. anyway, im 1 week into the stack you were on, DAA, DS AX and TZ. omg what an insane stack lol.[/quote]

Started at 6g DAA a day (3g in the AM, 3g in the PM) 6 AX a day spread out into three doses along with 4 LX a day spread out as well. Two weeks in I started running he TZ at 6 a day. Yes it is a great stack. I would stagger the AX, LX and TZ to where after four weeks your are off the AX and LX for two weeks but still running the TZ. By the time you come off the TZ your are back on the AX and LX. Basically repeat for 12 weeks then come off a while. The first time I just ran the DAA for the four weeks on the AX and LX, but I’m doing it again this time staying on the DAA the whole time. Hope that helps.[/quote]

damn man thats a high dose. i stick to 3g DAA, 4 AX and 3 TZ. did you start with that high of a dose initially or work up to it?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]inkcreep wrote:

[quote]inkcreep wrote:

NOt to sound like a retart, but can you tell me what the initials stand for?

I know what DAA is.

[/quote]

AX = activate xtreme
TZ = triazole
LX = lean xtreme

I started with 3gm but saw a lot of guys hitting it at 6. Plus a few other supps out there that contain DAA were dosing at 3gm but recommending 2 times a day, so I thought I’d give it a try. As far as the other one’s go, the first time I ran the stack I did it according to the suggestions for my weight. The next time I ran it and every other time since I just look at the bottle and if it says WARNING: dont take more than 6 pills in a 24 hour period, I take 6 pills. Basically I take the max recommended dose. I haven’t seen ANY negs at all on any of these supps. I know one thing though when I add my TZ in at that 2 week mark I can see a major difference with in a few days. I dry out and get harder within the first week. Top notch stuff here.

it must get expensive though, at 6 caps a day, one bottle of TZ lasts only 15 days! lol damn.