Deca Treatment and Deca + Test Question

[quote]Lover95 wrote:
Could someone explain how that affects active blood levels? The halflife may be 4-5 days, but that’s for test-e, not the testosterone resulting from the test-e. How are test blood levels affected from one dose of test-e - is there a day to day blood level chart?[/quote]
Well, I’ve just taken the position that it doesn’t matter too much, since the clearance rates of the drug in the bloodstream are almost always measured in hours as opposed to days. So, if you had 600mg in the glute on day 1, and have 300mg on day 6, then your body has essentially “cleared” 300mg during that time, plus or minus whatever amount might be left in the actual bloodstream at that precise moment. So if the drug were to magically disappear from the muscle, what’s left in the blood would clear in a few hours, and that would be that.

Therefore, the blood levels will reflect the amount that is being cleared. So if you go from 200mg on day 1 to 100mg on day 2, you may not be able to precisely say how much is in your actual bloodstream at any given second, but you can rest assured that over the course of one day, your body utilized 100mg worth, give or take.

The Excel sheet I’m working on actually makes this clearer, because it calculates the amount of drug remaining from day to day, not just half-life to half-life, which gives you a rough idea of how much will be in the blood at any given time. If you lost 100mg from day 1 to day 2, and 75mg from day 2 to day 3, then on day 3, you can assume the 100mg is mostly gone if the clearance rate is measured in hours, so you’re just dealing with how much of the 75mg is in the blood at any given time, more or less.

Now, if your question was about how to translate from X mg drug to Y ng/dl testosterone in the blood, that’s something I would like to understand better myself. I did find this article which elucidates somewhat on this:

Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men.

[quote]“61 eugonadal men, 18-35 yr, were randomized to one of five groups to receive monthly injections of a long-acting gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist, to suppress endogenous testosterone secretion, and weekly injections of 25, 50, 125, 300, or 600 mg of testosterone enanthate for 20 wk.”

“The administration of the GnRH agonist plus graded doses of testosterone resulted in mean nadir testosterone concentrations of 253, 306, 542, 1,345, and 2,370 ng/dl at the 25-, 50-, 125-, 300-, and 600-mg doses, respectively.”[/quote]

[quote]gigunda wrote:
Chris,

I’m not an expert, but I thought that I recently read that Bill said the half life of Test E was 5 days. If you google it, the first few links all support that as well.[/quote]
Thanks, man. You were right; I finally found it:

Half Life of AI Compared to Test E
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_gear/concerning_the_half_life_of_ai_when_compared_to_test_e?pageNo=0

Thanks, gigunda (and Bill).