T Nation

Deca/ T Enan Cycle

Hey, I just wanted to have some opinion on a cycle I’m about to embark on. I know there will be some critics, as there always are, but I am looking for honest opinions. Let me know what you think.

Anyways, here is what I plan on doing. I plan on doing an 8 week cycle- I could stretch it to 10, but I have some plans to go away in a couple months that may interfere with PCT, etc. I plan on doing 500 mg/ml of Test Enanthate a week, along with 300 mg/ml of Deca Durabolin a week. For PCT, I plan on Week 11-12(the first two weeks after my cycle) doing 40mg of Nolvadex, then Weeks 13-14(the following 2 weeks) of 20mg of nolvadex.

Please let me know your opinions on this cycle. Thank you.

[quote]tico1028 wrote:
Hey, I just wanted to have some opinion on a cycle I’m about to embark on. I know there will be some critics, as there always are, but I am looking for honest opinions. Let me know what you think.

Anyways, here is what I plan on doing. I plan on doing an 8 week cycle- I could stretch it to 10, but I have some plans to go away in a couple months that may interfere with PCT, etc. I plan on doing 500 mg/ml of Test Enanthate a week, along with 300 mg/ml of Deca Durabolin a week. For PCT, I plan on Week 11-12(the first two weeks after my cycle) doing 40mg of Nolvadex, then Weeks 13-14(the following 2 weeks) of 20mg of nolvadex.

Please let me know your opinions on this cycle. Thank you.[/quote]

That’s a classic cycle. I personally love test E and deca.

The one thing that I have a problem with is the length. Deca needs to be stopped 2 weeks before the test due to it’s half life.

So in doing that - you are only going to be able to run 8 weeks of the Deca at the longest.

Personally - I think you should only consider test/deca cycles that are 12-14 weeks so that you can get the full effect of both.

Just my opinion.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
tico1028 wrote:
Hey, I just wanted to have some opinion on a cycle I’m about to embark on. I know there will be some critics, as there always are, but I am looking for honest opinions. Let me know what you think.

Anyways, here is what I plan on doing. I plan on doing an 8 week cycle- I could stretch it to 10, but I have some plans to go away in a couple months that may interfere with PCT, etc. I plan on doing 500 mg/ml of Test Enanthate a week, along with 300 mg/ml of Deca Durabolin a week. For PCT, I plan on Week 11-12(the first two weeks after my cycle) doing 40mg of Nolvadex, then Weeks 13-14(the following 2 weeks) of 20mg of nolvadex.

Please let me know your opinions on this cycle. Thank you.

That’s a classic cycle. I personally love test E and deca.

The one thing that I have a problem with is the length. Deca needs to be stopped 2 weeks before the test due to it’s half life.

So in doing that - you are only going to be able to run 8 weeks of the Deca at the longest.

Personally - I think you should only consider test/deca cycles that are 12-14 weeks so that you can get the full effect of both.

Just my opinion.

[/quote]

Well, I’ve actually been advised to run the Test 2 weeks after I start the Deca. How does that sound?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
tico1028 wrote:
Hey, I just wanted to have some opinion on a cycle I’m about to embark on. I know there will be some critics, as there always are, but I am looking for honest opinions. Let me know what you think.

Anyways, here is what I plan on doing. I plan on doing an 8 week cycle- I could stretch it to 10, but I have some plans to go away in a couple months that may interfere with PCT, etc. I plan on doing 500 mg/ml of Test Enanthate a week, along with 300 mg/ml of Deca Durabolin a week. For PCT, I plan on Week 11-12(the first two weeks after my cycle) doing 40mg of Nolvadex, then Weeks 13-14(the following 2 weeks) of 20mg of nolvadex.

Please let me know your opinions on this cycle. Thank you.

That’s a classic cycle. I personally love test E and deca.

The one thing that I have a problem with is the length. Deca needs to be stopped 2 weeks before the test due to it’s half life.

So in doing that - you are only going to be able to run 8 weeks of the Deca at the longest.

Personally - I think you should only consider test/deca cycles that are 12-14 weeks so that you can get the full effect of both.

Just my opinion.

[/quote]

Well, I’ve actually been advised to run the Test 2 weeks after my Deca starts. How does that sound?

[quote]tico1028 wrote:
Well, I’ve actually been advised to run the Test 2 weeks after I start the Deca. How does that sound?[/quote]

If you are only running them for 8 weeks - I think that is still too short. 10 weeks is borderline.

It’s your choice. I just think that longer esters require longer cycles to get the full benefit.

If you only have 8 weeks, I would look at shorter esters.

Like I said - this is just my opinion.

Doing deca/test here also and started deca 2 weeks before test following similar advice and was going to use deca for 10 weeks and test for 10 weeks doing 300 and 500/week respectively but using Testoprim - D (wasn’t thrilled about the Test-D bc of the enthanate confusion but is all I could get); was planning on weeks 11-14 consisting of 20mg Nolva PCT without an AI hoping that will do the trick; any thoughts out there? Should I bump the cycle to 12 weeks each?

Keep in mind this will be the first time ever using PCT; I’ve never had a gyno problem but have experienced other sides (depression and fatigue), but my nads always bounce back. I guess I’d really like to know if someone like rain thinks I even need an AI.

There is a difference between starting the deca two weeks early, and ending it 2 weeks early. Starting early has no effect on the stop times with respect to PCT.

If you stop the test and the deca at the same time, you will still be under the influence of the deca when it is time to start PCT. This will cause major problems with recovery.

Ending the deca 2 weeks before you end the Test E makes it such that you are starting PCT at the proper time.

If you are coming off a cycle, it is important for you to do what you need to do to get yourself back to normal. During a cycle, you have totally fucked up your endogenous hormone system.

When I come off I use PCT. Others taper. But you definitely need to do something. Thinking that you don’t have to could wind up screwing you for a long long time.

You also might want to conisder Test Prop and Nandrolone phenlypropinate for your 8 weeker.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
There is a difference between starting the deca two weeks early, and ending it 2 weeks early. Starting early has no effect on the stop times with respect to PCT.

If you stop the test and the deca at the same time, you will still be under the influence of the deca when it is time to start PCT. This will cause major problems with recovery.

Ending the deca 2 weeks before you end the Test E makes it such that you are starting PCT at the proper time.

If you are coming off a cycle, it is important for you to do what you need to do to get yourself back to normal. During a cycle, you have totally fucked up your endogenous hormone system.

When I come off I use PCT. Others taper. But you definitely need to do something. Thinking that you don’t have to could wind up screwing you for a long long time. [/quote]

Thanks rain, (btw, I have always tapered in the past) I tried to rephrase/edit my question before someone witnessed my ignorance re:deca…oh well. I do have 3 questions for you though:
1.Would you recommend an AI in addition to the Nolva I will be taking?

2.Since Enanthate’s 1/2 life is 10.5 days how long would you wait post cycle to take the Nolva? (is 2 weeks enough)

3.What frequency would you inject Testoprim (Propionate 50mg and Enanthate 200mg) IF you were to take it? (I know you’ve stated you prefer single esthers) I’ve got a 4.5 day with a 10.5 day with this combo.

[quote]Mousse wrote:
1.Would you recommend an AI in addition to the Nolva I will be taking?[/quote]

During your cycle, I would recommend an AI instead of nolva. I would keep nolva handy in case you sprout boobs, but I would take adex during the cycle.

Wait two weeks after your last shot to start your PCT, if you are not tapering. On a taper - you would have to ask P-22, or bushy. I know dick about tapers.

Longest ester rules. At least that’s how I would do it. For me, Test E is an E3D injection. It wold work especially well with the prop you have in there since, any longer than E3D - and you are wasting the prop, IMO.

[quote]Mousse wrote:

1.Would you recommend an AI in addition to the Nolva I will be taking?

2.Since Enanthate’s 1/2 life is 10.5 days how long would you wait post cycle to take the Nolva? (is 2 weeks enough)

3.What frequency would you inject Testoprim (Propionate 50mg and Enanthate 200mg) IF you were to take it? (I know you’ve stated you prefer single esthers) I’ve got a 4.5 day with a 10.5 day with this combo.[/quote]

Mousse rainjack gave you solid advice. One thing though you’re grossly over estimating the half life’s of your products. They are closer to half what you think they are. Prop’s half life is like 2 days and Enanthate’s is like 5 days.

As aforementioned Nolva is overkill in the presence of an AI like A-dex. Then again some say an AI is overkill depending on the dosage.

I have never needed an AI on cycle. But for different people it is different. Personally I reccomend proviron on cycle for a milder AI. You have to keep in mind too much estrogen suppressed will keep down your gains.

Plus proviron is like viagra. Its wonderful. Your girlfriend, her best friend, the clerk at the store and the waitress will thank you…

Thanks guys this is great stuff. I’m going to research proviron bc it seems to be getting a lot of ink in the nation; I have never done an AI b4 but I do want to try it bc I hate the drop off in energy and other post cycle sides even though I’ve never had gyno.

Also I tend to agree that simply reducing estrogen (not eliminating it) should be more than enough to control the sides from what I’ve read.

So far I’ve taken 3 shots of Primotestin-D on a Mon and Wed frequency bc I was unsure just how often I should be injecting; should I take your advice literally rain and go to E3D or is M&W close enough? Thanks a bunch again…this shit is important to me.

[quote]Mousse wrote:
Thanks guys this is great stuff. I’m going to research proviron bc it seems to be getting a lot of ink in the nation; I have never done an AI b4 but I do want to try it bc I hate the drop off in energy and other post cycle sides even though I’ve never had gyno.

Also I tend to agree that simply reducing estrogen (not eliminating it) should be more than enough to control the sides from what I’ve read.

So far I’ve taken 3 shots of Primotestin-D on a Mon and Wed frequency bc I was unsure just how often I should be injecting; should I take your advice literally rain and go to E3D or is M&W close enough? Thanks a bunch again…this shit is important to me.[/quote]

I would go E3D - that is one extra injection than 2x/week, and it spaces the injections out equally. Especially with the prop in there, you proper injection spacing is key for stable blood levels.

I figured that is what you would say so I adjusted my calendar. I’ve decided on Proviron starting at 20mg/day and going to 40mg if it’s not effective and if I can get my hands on it. Since I’ve yet to utilize an AI this one seems like a good place to start. I’ll stop the deca 2 weeks prior to discontinuing the test and proviron then I’ll hit the Nolva at 20mg/day for 4 weeks.

At the end of the Nolva how long would you recommend I remain drug free until starting the Stan/Tren(ace) cycle that I have planned? I seem to range from 8 weeks to 4 months between cycles; but this time I have the gear in hand and will be anxious.

(scratch above Proviron - can’t get my hands on it so I’ll be going Adex)

[quote]Mousse wrote:
I figured that is what you would say so I adjusted my calendar. I’ve decided on Proviron starting at 20mg/day and going to 40mg if it’s not effective and if I can get my hands on it. Since I’ve yet to utilize an AI this one seems like a good place to start. I’ll stop the deca 2 weeks prior to discontinuing the test and proviron then I’ll hit the Nolva at 20mg/day for 4 weeks.

At the end of the Nolva how long would you recommend I remain drug free until starting the Stan/Tren(ace) cycle that I have planned? I seem to range from 8 weeks to 4 months between cycles; but this time I have the gear in hand and will be anxious.

(scratch above Proviron - can’t get my hands on it so I’ll be going Adex)[/quote]

Traditionally - time on should equal time off. It’s a pretty good rule of thumb.

Time on includes both your cycle and pct combined.

[quote]Traditionally - time on should equal time off. It’s a pretty good rule of thumb.

Time on includes both your cycle and pct combined. [/quote]

Thanks for all of your help!

Peace