Deca Question, Joint Pain?

I am on HRT and have some elbow pain. I was told to get some Deca and take it in small doses to help with the pain. There are no fractures just the tennis and golfers elbow going on. What kind of dose would help with just joint pain and how long could a man take it. I know research and i am this is just part of it.

Thanks

Tried Ibuprofen?

[quote]Electric_E wrote:
Tried Ibuprofen?[/quote]

LOL

Superb response guvnor.

50-100mg Deca alonside HRT test should be fine. I am currently using 100mg Deca and 100mg test prop per week.

In regards to time, you could use it indefinitely, just make sure to keep an eye on your prolactin. Deca increases prolactin which can cause sexual dysfunction and mood disturbances in those that are suseptable.

Test alongside the Deca should prevent the negative side effects but if you need something stronger Cabergoline could be added in low dosages to control prolactin. This is what I am doing.

I’d look in to Cissus as well. It has a very good track record for improving joint pain.

science suggest that eq at a low dose should get the job done better that deca (don’t know how this works in vivo), with a colagen synthesis of 350%(eq) vs 150% (deca)… or a combination of both at 100mg each

[quote]Dopamineloveaffa wrote:
50-100mg Deca alonside HRT test should be fine. I am currently using 100mg Deca and 100mg test prop per week.

In regards to time, you could use it indefinitely, just make sure to keep an eye on your prolactin. Deca increases prolactin which can cause sexual dysfunction and mood disturbances in those that are suseptable.

Test alongside the Deca should prevent the negative side effects but if you need something stronger Cabergoline could be added in low dosages to control prolactin. This is what I am doing.

I’d look in to Cissus as well. It has a very good track record for improving joint pain. [/quote]

Thanks Dopamineloveaffa this is what I was looking for. Along side of the stuff I am reading. I really don’t want to start the cortisone injections just yet. Reps for the great answer

[quote]Agon wrote:
science suggest that eq at a low dose should get the job done better that deca (don’t know how this works in vivo), with a colagen synthesis of 350%(eq) vs 150% (deca)… or a combination of both at 100mg each[/quote]

Thanks Agon I will have to look into this as well. Getting old is a bitch :slight_smile:

Ibuprofen as mentioned should be your first course of action for bursitus (tennis elbow etc)

You may find that this, in combination with finding the source of the problem, generally bursitus of te elbow is commonly caused by office workers leaning their elbow on the desk wilst using the phone or something of that nature.

100mg of prop a week dopamineloveaffa???
Is that self prescribed or is your endo on crack? I would certainly consider switching to enanathate or cypionate.

[quote]testanabol wrote:
Ibuprofen as mentioned should be your first course of action for bursitus (tennis elbow etc)

You may find that this, in combination with finding the source of the problem, generally bursitus of te elbow is commonly caused by office workers leaning their elbow on the desk wilst using the phone or something of that nature.

100mg of prop a week dopamineloveaffa???
Is that self prescribed or is your endo on crack? I would certainly consider switching to enanathate or cypionate.[/quote]

Self prescibed but with ED injections at approx 14mg. I have bad problems with bloat and high estradiol levels so I switched to prop. I am a super aromatizer if you will. When I was taking 200mg enanthate a week spilt in to EOD injections, 2.5mg of Letrozole per day was barely keeping my estradiol levels in check.

Deca would be a better long term solution than ibuprofen. Deca increases collagen synthesis while ibuprofen inhibits it. Of course you are best to get to the root of the problem but if all other avenues have failed Deca is pretty damn good for joint issues.

I have tried Ibuprofen and it doesn’t help anymore. I see a Orthopedic Surgeon Tuesday so may be he can help. I take cypionate, HCG, and Adex for HRT. I also do work in an office. I am a Systems Administrator. So I am on computers all day long. I think I know the root cause its called old age. I am over 50.

Jake,
I had tennis elbow pretty bad about 2 years ago. I was doing everything the doctors were telling me. From 800mg Ibuprofen 3 times a day for inflammation to Lidocain pain patches. It got so bad that doing simple things hurt like hell… like reaching for a drink, turning a door knob, or (God forbid, shaking someone’s hand). I ran 400mg/wk deca in one of my cycles a few months later and I’d say the pain was completely gone in just a matter of weeks and hasn’t returned to this day.

Good luck.

when I did my cycle of deca a few years ago I had no problems with joint pain at all.
In fact I had fractured my wrist while on deca and I didn’t realise it untill the fracture turned bad enough to have to have a bone graft.

I have a genetic hip problem along with bad ankles and the deca solved all my joint pain.

I think that was it because at the time that was the only thing I was on.
if i remember right I was told that Deca is used or at one time was used in horses to help heal bad joints.

ive had horrible bursitis and i am taking 400mg/wk of deca, this is an old injury that so far only cortisone has been able to keep the flare down. 1 shot generally relaxes everything and allows the joint a chance to heal, im usually cool for about 4 months. I have read that cortisone will eventually weaken the tendons but taking 1 shot only 3-4 times a year i think im ok. Thoughts?

[quote]skitmds wrote:
ive had horrible bursitis and i am taking 400mg/wk of deca, this is an old injury that so far only cortisone has been able to keep the flare down. 1 shot generally relaxes everything and allows the joint a chance to heal, im usually cool for about 4 months. I have read that cortisone will eventually weaken the tendons but taking 1 shot only 3-4 times a year i think im ok. Thoughts?[/quote]

Right, you definitely don’t want to overdo the cort. Not sure if you’re actually asking about the use of deca. You said that you’re using it already, so how is that working out for you?

You might ask your doctor for a shot of synvisc (hyaluronan), as well. Someone I know is awaiting knee transplants and adding synvisc to the mix has had a very pronounced effect on her mobility.

[quote]skitmds wrote:
ive had horrible bursitis and i am taking 400mg/wk of deca, this is an old injury that so far only cortisone has been able to keep the flare down. 1 shot generally relaxes everything and allows the joint a chance to heal, im usually cool for about 4 months. I have read that cortisone will eventually weaken the tendons but taking 1 shot only 3-4 times a year i think im ok. Thoughts?[/quote]

You eventually have to address the injury.

If you just keep using cortisone and deca to lift anyways your just going to blow the joint to hell.

You might want to get it checked out and see if these anything that can be done surgery wise, or simply take it easy on that joint for a while till it heals.

cross that road when i get there…surgery isnt an option for now.

Is it true that deca causes ED?

10 yr bump… And yes, it can… But so can all AAS, nandrolone just has a higher prevalence of causing it due to neuro effects.