T Nation

Deca Only?

I know everyone says not to run Deca only cycles, but I have a bro who is a veteran and suggests a deca-only cycle for a first-cycle; he’s going to have me on 200mg a week for 8-weeks - might do a 2 week front-load. By keeping the dose low(200mg a week) I shouldn’t have to worry about side effects right. I want to get some clean long-term gains. Also with a low-dose safe cycle like this I shouldn’t need anything else for post-cycle either right.

Forgot to add some stuff. Anyway, I’m going to do one inject per week of 1cc at 200mg per ml. I know about stuff like “deca-dick” but at 200mg per week that shouldn’t be a problem right? Deca is said to be one of the, if not, the safest steroids so why isn’t it suggested as a first cycle, why is everyone stuck on testosterone-only for their first - testosterone has some nasty sides and you don’t keep any of the gains. Anyway, am I wrong about all of this? Seems to make sense, I already have the deca and should be set to go right? Thanks for any replies guys.

"Oh yeah? …jou know Mel, whoever’s giving jou your information must be taking jou guys for a long ride. "

If you dont keep any gains using testosterone… why would 99% of the people on this board use it? Why is it the bread and butter for all steroid cycles?

Your bro is pulling your chain.

The only time I would ever run Deca only is … NEVER

Even at 200mg’s a week, especially if you front load

Don’t get me wrong, I seem like one of the few here who actually uses Deca almost every cycle. But, I always use almost double the Test as Deca.

While I’m probably not the most experienced or knowledgeable that could comment on this, I have been doing some research into my own first cycle.

I would recommend at least that you do some research on your own to help form your opinions rather than relying on your brothers advice, which may be based on his personal experience.

That said, according to steroid.com

“a single measly 100mg injection of Deca caused a total (100%) reduction of natural testosterone levels, and it took roughly a month to return those testosterone levels to baseline”

So it would appear that your 200mg would have the potential for “deca dick”. Of course, like all side effects, this depends in part on your particular genetics.

Related to the above quote, still from steroid.com,

“Always use Testosterone with your Deca! I suggest 200mgs, minimum, to avoid impotence and sexual dysfunction”

As far as the preference for Test, I can’t really say because there could be a number of different reasons each person likes it for.

As far as test side effects go, it again would depend on your genetics. If you notice a family history of a condition that is aggravated through any drug, not just steroids, use, you may want to think twice about using it. Lastly, it would appear most side effects can be minimized or even eliminated through proper cycle design or the proper use of ancillary drugs.

Someone else can probably provide a better answer for you, but again, it never hurts to do some of your own research.

Good luck.

Ok, I agree with looking for my own information and will start studying up on it.

I can see why Test-only or with, might be better than deca-only, but given the low-dose and duration - what is really wrong with deca-only; seems to be an ideal way if one is only looking for mild maintainable gains for a first cycle and hit the “harder stuff” later, right? I shouldn’t need anything other that the deca shots with such a low dose and short duration, I have heard that you need up to 1000mg before sides become a concern and being that deca only converts to estrogen at a rate of 20% it seems that I should be good, especially with only 200mg.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Kick your veteran bro in the nuts and tell him you were just returning the favor based on his advice

Warren 8, quit being a dumbass and do some friggin reading. “Whats the matter if it is only a low dose…” The matter is that deca is a progestinic androgen! But, you know what, I think deca only at 200 mgs with a 400 mg kick start is a good idea for you. I mean, you said you would save the hard stuff for later, so go ahead, get the needle thrown in your butt or shoulder and ‘save the hard stuff’ for later…

[quote]muscle_mike wrote:
Warren 8, quit being a dumbass and do some friggin reading. “Whats the matter if it is only a low dose…” The matter is that deca is a progestinic androgen! But, you know what, I think deca only at 200 mgs with a 400 mg kick start is a good idea for you. I mean, you said you would save the hard stuff for later, so go ahead, get the needle thrown in your butt or shoulder and ‘save the hard stuff’ for later…[/quote]

I can see your belittling tone, but I have not seen any reason why someone can’t start with a light cycle? Deca is more anabolic than test (muscle building) and less androgenic (side effects) so unless I am missing something it should be a nice “boost” to my muscle building.

I am not trying to be an ignorant ass at all, I just do not understand why everyone follows the same suit and does test first when the old-timers ran cycles like this?

[quote]stumpy wrote:
Kick your veteran bro in the nuts and tell him you were just returning the favor based on his advice[/quote]

LOL!!! Great advice.

Seriously though, you are going to shut down your body’s own test to nothing. You probably won’t even be able to get it up. Add that when you come off it’s going to take about 6 weeks to recover… and what, no PCT drugs for a deca cycle? Do some research and please do not run this cycle.

Warren, do some FUCKING research. The old timers probably never ran Deca alone, by itself. Seriously though, go do your stand alone deca cycle and get back to us on here; let us know how it went… Really.

By the way, how old are you?

Reread homie’s reply to you where he states it causes a 100% shutdown. If you’re asking for advice-take it. If you don’t want to learn-get off the board. It’s easy, no one is belittling you… we just don’t have patience for stupidity and people who ask for advice but don’t want it.

[quote]Warren8 wrote:
muscle_mike wrote:

I am not trying to be an ignorant ass at all, I just do not understand why everyone follows the same suit and does test first when the old-timers ran cycles like this?
[/quote]

Warren, just because the “old-timers” ran cycles like that (which I am not even sure that they did) doesn’t equate to it being good for you or your gains. “Old-timers” used to drink “snake” oils, petroleum oil, and many things they had no clue what it was because it would cure all ailments.

Thru trial and error a lot of people have compiled a wealth of knowledge on the subject of steroids, we have the luxury of coming to boards like this to pick their brains for help. We don’t have to make the same mistakes that they did to figure out what works and what doesn’t, to figure out what will leave you shut down for life and what ways to prevent it.

I am certainly not trying to be an ignorant ass either. You came here and asked a good question about something a friend told you. You were given good answers to your question. Take that knowledge and apply it to protect yourself or run your already planned cycle. You can be given great advice or knowledge, its up to you to decide what to do with it.

Thanks a bunch everyone, I’ve been reading your posts and some profiles and seems that my friend is dead wrong and I will abandon the cycle. I have 1 vial of deca now and think that I will use it with 400mg test like follows?
1-10 Deca 200mg
1-12 Test 400mg
1-12 Adex .5mg per day
14-18 Clomid 100mg per day
14-18 Nolvadex 20mg per day

sound good?

That looks much, much better.

Save yourself some money and pick either nolva, or clomid for PCT - not both.

Personally, I would go with either nolva only, or get some toremifene, and use it instead.

That looks great. I agree with RJ as usual. You don’t need both clomid and nolva, they work the same way… basically… except that Nolva is better and won’t possibly make you blind or make you cry.

[quote]Warren8 wrote:
Thanks a bunch everyone, I’ve been reading your posts and some profiles and seems that my friend is dead wrong and I will abandon the cycle. I have 1 vial of deca now and think that I will use it with 400mg test like follows?
1-10 Deca 200mg
1-12 Test 400mg
1-12 Adex .5mg per day
14-18 Clomid 100mg per day
14-18 Nolvadex 20mg per day

sound good?
[/quote]

Very much better. I think the Adex is over kill, especially at .5mg ED and at the dosages you’re using with the Test and Deca. I concur with only needing the Nolvadex.

Warren, I am glad to see you are deciding to throw some test in there… You may want to drop the arimidex to .25 ED. Or not. .5 mg every day does seem like over kill.