Dec. Photo Call Out

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
It is my understanding that calipers are more accurate than impedance tests like scales have. And neither are very accurate. I heard calipers are accurate withing +/- 3% but I’m not sure if there is any validity to that statement.

Chris, care to chime in?[/quote]
The primary reason to measure your bodyfat is so that you can go around telling people your bodyfat. (I’m speaking the general “you”, not necessarily “Ripsaw-you”.)

There’s little, if any, real-world, tangible/practical benefit to having it measured except as one possible way of tracking progress. And even that goes with the understanding that, due to inaccuracy, it’s simply a fill-in-the-blank number that you’ll refer back to in several weeks to see how much you’re plus or minus that number.

So, yeah, not really a fan or advocate of measuring bodyfat. Some methods are more accurate (or really, “less prone to inaccuracy”) than others, but on the whole, I simply don’t see the point.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Fuzzyapple.Train wrote:
Did not hold it for long but this was my first attempt at it with no training towards it. It then motivated me to try muscle up and was able to get 3 with the help of technique video on YouTube. It is amazing how weak you feel when you try such things as a human flag that seem easy. I could tell my core was very limiting to the body movement and even my lats. It’s hard regardless even for a smaller guy like myself.[/quote]

I don’t know why but I always thought you were a girl? lol

Nice human flag.[/quote]

Speaking of…Where are the bitches man?!

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
Hope it is okay for me to jump in on this even though I havent been part of the previous call out threads.

I am 26 years old, 175cm and 60kg in this pic and yes I need to eat more.

I am not a bodybuilder nor a powerlifter and like many I am a recreational lifter with the vague goal of gaining both strength and muscle. I train 5/3/1 at the moment and like that style of training and feel it gives my training a sense of focus and purpose. More specific my wish is to be able to gain both strenght and muscle untill I am so old that is not possible anymore and considering my young age I think I have many many more years left to do just that.

[/quote]

You’re looking quite a bit thicker than I’ve ever seen you look, florelius. Good work! Keep it up, man. [/quote]

Agreed, you’ve made some serious progress since the last pic I saw. Kudos! Well done.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Fuzzyapple.Train wrote:
Did not hold it for long but this was my first attempt at it with no training towards it. It then motivated me to try muscle up and was able to get 3 with the help of technique video on YouTube. It is amazing how weak you feel when you try such things as a human flag that seem easy. I could tell my core was very limiting to the body movement and even my lats. It’s hard regardless even for a smaller guy like myself.[/quote]

I don’t know why but I always thought you were a girl? lol

Nice human flag.[/quote]

Speaking of…Where are the bitches man?![/quote]

I’m 210 lbs right now, while less than a year ago I was under 150. The plan is to keep cutting fat for another week or so, then get back into gaining. My goal is to compete in a powerlifting meet next year and get a 1300 total. Mine right now wouldn’t even be on the cusp of 1000, so I’ve got a ways to go. The long term goals are to compete in pl/bb/maybe strongman or oly, and be happy and healthy. Nice article today Chris, I really liked the pullover one you wrote a few weeks back.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
Edit: I also though Collucci (sp?) had a ponytail? WTF?[/quote]
I think you guys are confusing me with this dude.

I mean, geez, I’ve literally shaved my entire freaking head twice and told the forum about it. :wink:

EDIT:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
I thought he was older also.[/quote]
Man, somedays I feel older. You know how it goes.[/quote]

Ah, fuck did you just call me old?

:slight_smile: just playing

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
Nice article today Chris, I really liked the pullover one you wrote a few weeks back.[/quote]
Thanks man. And nice job with the gains so far.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Ah, fuck did you just call me old? [/quote]
Ha, pretty sure we would’ve been in high school around the same time, so nope, not old.

EVERYONE LOOKS AWESOME/GOOD JOB.

Nice article today Chris, I really liked the pullover one you wrote a few weeks back.[/quote]

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Ha, pretty sure we would’ve been in high school around the same time, so nope, not old.[/quote]

In 1993 I had 2 kids, a vasectomy and was knee deep in working 7 days a week and going to school full time. Sorry Chris no, I’m old.

Un mas…

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Ha, pretty sure we would’ve been in high school around the same time, so nope, not old.[/quote]

In 1993 I had 2 kids, a vasectomy and was knee deep in working 7 days a week and going to school full time. Sorry Chris no, I’m old.[/quote]

C’mon dude. I’M the oldest Mofo to post a pic in this thread. I actually mentioned you in my post. Zerchers for the win Alex.

I will say that in 1993 I had one child and still acted like I was in HS…full time.

1 ticket to the gun show.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:
Hope it is okay for me to jump in on this even though I havent been part of the previous call out threads.

I am 26 years old, 175cm and 60kg in this pic and yes I need to eat more.

I am not a bodybuilder nor a powerlifter and like many I am a recreational lifter with the vague goal of gaining both strength and muscle. I train 5/3/1 at the moment and like that style of training and feel it gives my training a sense of focus and purpose. More specific my wish is to be able to gain both strenght and muscle untill I am so old that is not possible anymore and considering my young age I think I have many many more years left to do just that.

[/quote]

You’re looking quite a bit thicker than I’ve ever seen you look, florelius. Good work! Keep it up, man. [/quote]

Agreed, you’ve made some serious progress since the last pic I saw. Kudos! Well done.[/quote]

Thanks Pat much appreciated :slight_smile:

You look great btw in your double bicep pic and I dig the beard :slight_smile:

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

In 1993 I had 2 kids, a vasectomy and was knee deep in working 7 days a week and going to school full time. Sorry Chris no, I’m old.[/quote]

C’mon dude. I’M the oldest Mofo to post a pic in this thread. I actually mentioned you in my post. Zerchers for the win Alex.

I will say that in 1993 I had one child and still acted like I was in HS…full time.

[/quote]
Lol I know I saw, I did my whole write up with pictures in my log.

Wait till Edgy posts then you will not be the oldest.

[quote]pat wrote:
Un mas…[/quote]

It’s too bad about your wonky back bud. Your frame looks like it could be able too carry around more weight but keep the V. Your shoulders are wide enough and the waist isn’t muffiny. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words too. and yeah,I am very critical myself, always have been. I was a very late bloomer and the shortest guy in class and it’s given me a chip on my shoulder. I’m 5’9" but still consider myself the shortest guy in class.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]
Lol I know I saw, I did my whole write up with pictures in my log.

Wait till Edgy posts then you will not be the oldest. [/quote]

“Lol, I know I saw”

You laughin’ at my pic punk? huh? huh?

[quote]gregron wrote:

He lyyyyyyyying !

[quote]EctoMorphosis wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

He lyyyyyyyying ![/quote]

Looks like he lost some weight too.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

Trained chest, shoulders, and arms tonight, so what better time for an obligatory “gym mirror single-arm bi shot in harsh unflattering light.” (Blurry as it is, the Flip cam takes better pics than my cell phone.)

Kudos to you guys who put up pics so far. My winter beard scruff is proportionate to my lack of enthusiasm for posting a shirtless pic during a “bulk”. Cutting for June is on the books.[/quote]
Why did I think you had a pony tail?[/quote]
If this was 1993, you would’ve got me. I was 14, but I rocked a serious rattail. No shame. (Okay, slight shame.)[/quote]

I thought you had a pony tail as well…?

Either a pic of you that ran with one of your articles, or a video you used had a guy that looked like you with a pony tail.

Maybe we should call out Chris till he grows one. Bulk that rattail dude.