Debunking the Global Warming Myth

Bravo. Bra-fucking-vo.

This is getting sent out en mass via email to every environmentalist I’ve ever met. Including my father.

I’ve read a LOT of Al Gore-counter arguments, this is the best one, in both writing style and content. People underestimate the power of a simplified argument.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
More sustainable? If society is sustainable then there is no need to be “more sustainable”; by definition, sustainability is all that is needed; however, I believe sustainability is irrelevant. In the history of civilization there has never been a case of nonsustainability – it simply cannot exist. The second life becomes unsustainable it will start dieing off; because it will, by definition, no longer be supported. It has never happened, it will never happen.[/quote]

You seem to have misunderstood me. What I was getting at was either we choose to reduce growth and consumption or the consequences shall take the choice out of our hands.

In the history of civilisation there has never been 7 billion people on the globe either, so your second point is pretty moot.

I’m going to leave this thread be, as I try not to make a habit of arguing with people who have obviously already made up their minds.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
We are arrogant to think we can alter or change the earth’s path of historical climate chage from hot to cold…

We, as a species, could turn the planet into a radioactive wasteland in a day. The idea that we are too insignificant to cause major changes is absurd.

In the grand scheme, our little nukes would be a blip in the planets path.[/quote]

We are definitely capable of rendering our own species extinct though.

The truth probably lies somewhere in between what Coleman is saying and what Gore says.

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:
I’m going to leave this thread be, as I try not to make a habit of arguing with people who have obviously already made up their minds.
[/quote]
Actually, I have not made up my mind about anything to do with climate change, etc.; hence the reason I question the enviro-fascists who try to pass themselves off as scientists.

Call my contrariness scientific inquiry.

“I’m going to leave this thread be, as I try not to make a habit of arguing with people who have obviously already made up their minds.”

So, you have not made up your mind? I gather from your tone you obviously are open to discussion on the topic.

Man-made climate change is a myth. Remember it is climate change now not global warming.

My last post probably came across as a lot more condescending than I intended, so apologies for that. I’ve gotten involved in this argument before and my experience has been that people are usually absolutely convinced one way or the other, so ‘discussions’ tend to involve various individuals yelling statistics and opinion pieces at brick walls.

When it comes to climate change/global warming, I distrust both the motives of Gore and the green movement as well as the deniers. I’m quite open on the subject, but like I hinted, I feel it’s a side issue anyway and its importance is overstated. There are admittedly issues concerning the human situation which I believe are self-evident and which I take a strong stance on, but that’s another story(or another thread…).

Here’s a thread on another forum presenting a different view on the topic which you can all hate on:
http://www.corrupt.org/transcendence/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1198863207

p.s. Killer Rabbit, love the avatar. Know anywhere I can get a shirt?

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
None of this matters anyway. Due to overcrowding, all males will become homosexuals in 100 short years and civilization as we know it will end. [/quote]

You could not be more wrong. The day civilization ends will be with the invention of the holodeck from Star Trek. I’d stay in there for months on end getting a massage from Jamie Eason and her virtual twin.

Doesn’t all evidence point at global warming having happened before? I think that we’re just caught in that part of the cycle.

9 Aug07 - While inspecting historical temperature graphs, Steve McIntyre, who operates the site climateaudit.org, noticed a strange discontinuity, or “jump” for many locations around January 2000.

These graphs were created by NASA’s Reto Ruedy and James Hansen. Hansen refused to provide McKintyre with the algorithm used to generate graph data, so McKintyre reverse-engineered it. The result appeared to be a Y2K bug in the handling of the raw data.

McKintyre notified the pair of the bug; Ruedy replied and acknowledged the problem as an “oversight” that would be fixed in the next data refresh.

NASA has now silently released corrected figures, and the changes are truly astounding. The warmest year on record is now 1934. 1998 (long trumpeted by the media as record-breaking) moves to second place. 1921 takes third. In fact, 5 of the 10 warmest years on record now all occur before World War II.

In other words: Four of the top ten are in the 1930�??s, before mainstream scientists believe humans had any discernible impact on temperatures.

http://www.iceagenow.com/Convenient_Mistake.htm

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:
People tend to get derailed when it comes to environmental issues. Forget global warming and think of it this way - we’re almost 7 billion people increasing at 70-80 million each year and our economic attitude seems to be one of pointless and unsustainable growth fuelled by finite resources. Do you really see this going anywhere other than a catastrophic collapse to a more sustainable society?

People need to see past the political side of things. Global warming, whether or not it exists, is insignificant, and all the angry ranting and hybrid cars one can muster won’t do a damn thing.[/quote]

Give every damn person on the face of the Earth 10 sq feet each, and they wouldn’t take up a third of the city I live in.

(This is only meant to represent how small the population really is. I am not saying we should do this.)

The population growth for the world has been slowing. I forget the time frame, but something like 28% slower then years past.

There is no overpopulation. Just bad math, and people who cannot visualize how big the planet actually is.

[quote]The Mage wrote:

In other words: Four of the top ten are in the 1930â¿¿s, before mainstream scientists believe humans had any discernible impact on temperatures.

http://www.iceagenow.com/Convenient_Mistake.htm
[/quote]

My grandmother used to talk about the “open winters” in Rochester, NY in the 30’s. They called them open because there was no snow on the ground.

Increased solar activity => melting of the permafrost and releasing methane, C02 , warming of the oceans=> release of more C02 which was stored in the seawater=> those 2 combined create an increase in the C02 concentration =>
an idiot who thinks we are the cause and makes a stoopid movie about it.

If human influences created the warming, why are the icecaps on Mars also melting?
The climate has seen a lot of long cold periods and shorter warm periods for millions of years. The periods ended abruptly with big temperature differences. The icecaps are just remenants of the last ice age, and it’s perfectly normal that they melt all the time.

[quote]Vechter wrote:

If human influences created the warming, why are the icecaps on Mars also melting?..[/quote]

The Mars Rover was an SUV.

[/quote]p.s. Killer Rabbit, love the avatar. Know anywhere I can get a shirt?[/quote]

http://www.thoseshirts.com/tshirts.html

[quote]The Mage wrote:
Give every damn person on the face of the Earth 10 sq feet each, and they wouldn’t take up a third of the city I live in.

(This is only meant to represent how small the population really is. I am not saying we should do this.)

The population growth for the world has been slowing. I forget the time frame, but something like 28% slower then years past.

There is no overpopulation. Just bad math, and people who cannot visualize how big the planet actually is.[/quote]

I’ve always liked these numbers.

Give 7 billion people each 1,200 sq ft. (that means that every single person on the planet has double the size of the apartment I had in college), and the entire population could live in Texas and Oklahoma. Stack them five stories high and the entire population of the planet would fit in Oklahoma alone with 8,000 sq. miles to spare.

Stack them nine stories high, and they’d all fit in Maine. Stack them 32 stories high, and they’d all fit in Vermont.

I love this one…

This one too…

[quote]pat wrote:
I love this one…[/quote]

Meat is dead!

Bread is dead!

Yogurt is … alive!

[quote]pat wrote:
This one too…[/quote]

That is funny. In relation to the original post I keep an eye on this website.

http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/news.php