Debate 3 Wrapup

Bush played defense most of the night, again, as he deserves.

Why did Bush answer a question about job creation by referring to No Child Left Behind (education)? he said No Child Left Behind was ‘really a jobs bill’.

???

Bush ducked every question that he was asked.

Also, does anyone here actually fear that Canadian drugs aren’t safe, or might even “kill you and not cure you” as Bush said in debate #2?

If Canadian drugs aren’t safe, then why did Bush say he turned to Canada to try to make up our Flu vaccine shortage?

If mentioning that Mary Cheney is a lesbian is ‘low blow’ (it’s actually common knowledge) then why didn’t Dick Cheney say something to John Edwards when Edwards brought it up during the VP debates?

Bush lost all three debates on style AND substance. Bush has had the luxury and benefit of a Republican-dominated congress that would pass almost anything Bush wants, and yet he has not moved America forward.

If Bush actually has any ideas for America besides tax cuts for millionaires, then what has he been waiting for?

Bush is unqualified to be president, he is in WAY over his head as commander-in-chief.

Much funnier than the real debate transcript:

http://www.crescatsententia.org/archives/2004_10_14.html#004554

Lumpy:

You are a riot! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the laugh!

Lumpy –

You don’t even make any sense. How was Bush playing defense and dodging questions at the same time? He and Kerry both ignored areas where they had perceived weaknesses.

He was on offense all night, as was Kerry – and both of them dodged questions all over the place.

Unless you’re implying he was playing defense by playing offense, as everyone knows the best defense is a good offense – or is that the other way around? My coaches used to say both…

Something I forgot to mention in my comments on the last debate:

At the conclusion of the debate, the candidates approached each other and shook hands and sort of spoke into each other’s shoulders (I hope you know what I mean).

I’m no lip reader, but I absolutely know that I saw Bush say to Kerry

“Where are you going to be?”

Kerry responded, looking away from camera, and Bush said

“We’ll find each other.”

Now, under what circumstances might these two be spending time together in between the 3rd debate and the election? I thought this was odd.

They were both in Vegas the following day, but there were no reports about them appearing together or meeting.

I was watching the debate on MSNBC, fyi.

Thoughts?

RSU,

Hard to say why they might want to get together, assuming that’s what they said.

But it may be something as simple as they are going to a birthday party for a Washington fellow-traveler.

I’m guessing, but I think it’s important to remember the candidates are much more than political talking heads at Presidential debates. They are probably much more friendly than the political bickering in an election season might indicate.

For example, Barry Goldwater and John F. Kennedy - presidential opponents - considered campaigning together and traveling together on the plane.

I have no idea what Bush and Kerry might want to do together, but it might very well be as routine as having a couple of Scotches over at Greenspan’s.

Don’t forget they’re both Skull & Bones guys – they need to meet to discuss what they’re doing tomorrow.

“What are they doing tomorrow Brain.”

“The same thing they do every day Pinky: Try to take over the WORLD!!”

“Pinky, Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain”

Sorry RSU – I know you’re not a conspiracy guy, but it was the first thing that popped into my mind…

There are all sorts of things for candidates to discuss – Kerry might even need to be briefed on intelligence stuff, or have to coordinate secret service stuff – or maybe like Thunder said, some Scotch with Greenspan while they talk about which oil-company futures to pick up… :wink:

RSU:

How the heck can you tell what they said?

RSU,

If this is true, I would be very surprised.

I get the distinct impression that they don’t like each other.

Please indicate if you find more information on this.

JeffR

I wouldn’t know where to begin looking for more info on this, but I’m sure what I saw.

ZEB, I just saw what I saw. Bush’s lips were easy to read (apparently easier than his father’s were!).

The only thing I’d say is try to get a copy of the MSNBC broadcast – it’s there, at the end…I’m positive.

I agree that they might be friendly and/or have some relationship that might supercede their political aspirations, but I can’t imagine them meeting casually with less than 20 days to go!

RSU:

I think you have uncovered a diabolical consipiracy that, if true could change the face of American politics for generations!

(sorry I get carried away with this stuff sometimes :slight_smile: