Deathly Hallows 2

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Not a huge HP fan, but I like the movies … This one was my favorite by far … I just wish people would give Neville his fuckin dues … he had as big, if not bigger, of balls as Harry did … When everyone thought Harry was dead, Neville stood the fuck up and said “Fyuuuck Yooooooo Lord Voldemort, suck my dick bitch my name’s Neville Motherfuckin donkey dick Longbottom!!” And he’s been like that throughout the whole series.

AND his background is just as dark, if not darker than, Harry’s is. His fuckin’ parents went insane from Belatrix torturing them. AND he destroyed the last horcrux in the best fuckin’ way … He was all like “Hay snake what’d the Godrick Griffendor’s sword say to ya neck? Slice mother fucka … get it.” Neville’s the fuckin’ real hero, he did all that shit without the knowledge that Harry had (Harry being given all these fuckin’ clues and shit knew that he wasn’t REALLY going to die … But Neville KNEW there was a chance ole Voldemort woulda been all like Abbra Cadaver or whatever the fuckin spell was and kill him where he stood AND HE STILL SAID GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU WEIRD LOOKIN MOTHERFUCKA).

So, in conclusion, I argue Neville’s the REAL hero of the story, not Harry.[/quote]

The best HP review, ever. ^^^^^^^

Greeny and I saw it last night. There was a large percentage of middle aged women seeing it, also and I found it a little odd.

I liked it a lot. I thought the movies as a whole were very well done.

[/quote]

They were 12 when the first book came out. Yep, that’s how much we have all aged through this

If you haven’t read the books or seen the movies, PLEASE read the books and skip the movies until you have finished all 7. I can’t explain how much better the books are. And this is coming from someone who hates reading…

[quote]TD54 wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Not a huge HP fan, but I like the movies … This one was my favorite by far … I just wish people would give Neville his fuckin dues … he had as big, if not bigger, of balls as Harry did … When everyone thought Harry was dead, Neville stood the fuck up and said “Fyuuuck Yooooooo Lord Voldemort, suck my dick bitch my name’s Neville Motherfuckin donkey dick Longbottom!!” And he’s been like that throughout the whole series.

AND his background is just as dark, if not darker than, Harry’s is. His fuckin’ parents went insane from Belatrix torturing them. AND he destroyed the last horcrux in the best fuckin’ way … He was all like “Hay snake what’d the Godrick Griffendor’s sword say to ya neck? Slice mother fucka … get it.” Neville’s the fuckin’ real hero, he did all that shit without the knowledge that Harry had (Harry being given all these fuckin’ clues and shit knew that he wasn’t REALLY going to die … But Neville KNEW there was a chance ole Voldemort woulda been all like Abbra Cadaver or whatever the fuckin spell was and kill him where he stood AND HE STILL SAID GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU WEIRD LOOKIN MOTHERFUCKA).

So, in conclusion, I argue Neville’s the REAL hero of the story, not Harry.[/quote]

Greeny and I saw it last night. There was a large percentage of middle aged women seeing it, also and I found it a little odd.

[/quote]

They were 12 when the first book came out. Yep, that’s how much we have all aged through this[/quote]

They were older than me, bud. I’m 44.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]TD54 wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[/quote]

They were 12 when the first book came out. Yep, that’s how much we have all aged through this[/quote]

They were older than me, bud. I’m 44. [/quote]

I was jokin, man. But seriously it has been like 12 years since the first book came out

I can’t believe they were so close to having Draco Malfoy be Harry Potter. He was the best they had and the director at the time was like “if we can’t find anyone better, we’ll just put him in a wig.”

[quote]TD54 wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]TD54 wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[/quote]

They were older than me, bud. I’m 44. [/quote]

I was jokin, man. But seriously it has been like 12 years since the first book came out[/quote]

Ah… my bad.

You’re right. The audience grew with the series.

Never read any of the books (her writing style didn’t do much for me), but I’ve seen all the films… and the last one was very good. Probably the best.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Never read any of the books (her writing style didn’t do much for me), but I’ve seen all the films… and the last one was very good. Probably the best. [/quote]

You didn’t like her “writing style”?

Ah… no colorful pictures. Gotcha.

Nice review Polo :slight_smile:

I liked the movie, I love the whole series, moved much quicker than part 1. It felt certain areas were rushed like they were quick to relate the story and not miss key points (like Snape’s role etc). Just felt a bit rushed.

Azkaban is still my favourite Potter film.

Oh and Emma Watson… <3

I have not read the books, one day maybe. My wife has read them all. Being a fantasy genre book fan since I was a teenager I am glad that HP has influenced a whole new generation into the fantastical, imaginary, magical and arcane worlds.

I read the books way back when, but I wish I would have watched the movies again before I saw it. Or atleast part 1. I was kind of lost most of, like “wtf? oh yeah that’s…wait what?”

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Never read any of the books (her writing style didn’t do much for me), but I’ve seen all the films… and the last one was very good. Probably the best. [/quote]

Ah… no colorful pictures. Gotcha.[/quote]

She’s nothing like, for example, Mark Twain. That dude told a great tale with style.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

She’s nothing like, for example, Mark Twain. That dude told a great tale with style.
[/quote]

Actually IH I agree with ID here, I read a ton and love Sci-Fi. I couldnt get past the first book, got about half way through and put it down. Now to be fair she may have gotten better and later the story’s may have gotten more “adult”. The first book just struck me very childish and I just could not relate.

I was hoping they would take the chance to put Emma Watson in a kinky outfit… I mean, it’s the end of the series and I’ve been waiting for that since I was 15.

Joking.

It doesn’t compare to the book at all, but it’s a very good movie. The Battle of Hogwarts and the fight between Harry and Voldemort in the movie version is way superior to the one depicted in the book, which was kinda lame, it was very entertaining to see Voldemort bitch slap Harry across the castle.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
… I couldnt get past the first book, got about half way through and put it down. Now to be fair she may have gotten better and later the story’s may have gotten more “adult”. The first book just struck me very childish and I just could not relate. [/quote]

Exactly.

I have a well-read friend who read all her books and stated that they will one day be classics on the level of Twain, Hemingway, Tolkien, etc. I laughed at him and told him she’s barely worth a mention in the same sentence. He then admitted that he’s never read anything from those writers (apparently he only reads historical accounts, monographs, and biographies).

lol

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

Actually IH I agree with ID here, I read a ton and love Sci-Fi. I couldnt get past the first book, got about half way through and put it down. Now to be fair she may have gotten better and later the story’s may have gotten more “adult”. The first book just struck me very childish and I just could not relate. [/quote]

I read a fair amount of literature and feel like I have a good grasp on this kind of stuff. Opinions definitely vary, so be that what it is, but I will say that the first three books I feel are completely different than the final four. She does have a very straight-forward telling style, which not everyone cares for. The way that the plots intertwine and play out over the series (including many things left out of the movies) are what make the series so special. Unless you have 30 books that you’re just “dying to read” I can’t imagine what’d be so painful about reading a few kids’ books. :slight_smile:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
Movie wasnt bad. Changed some key points from book.

Read the book. [/quote]

They fixed some holes in the book too.[/quote]

Such as?[/quote]

Made it so he could hear the hor-cruxes. They never should have found them the way the book was written.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

Actually IH I agree with ID here, I read a ton and love Sci-Fi. I couldnt get past the first book, got about half way through and put it down. Now to be fair she may have gotten better and later the story’s may have gotten more “adult”. The first book just struck me very childish and I just could not relate. [/quote]

She is a great story teller. I just wish some of the plot lines were a little better thought out.

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

I read a fair amount of literature and feel like I have a good grasp on this kind of stuff. Opinions definitely vary, so be that what it is, but I will say that the first three books I feel are completely different than the final four. She does have a very straight-forward telling style, which not everyone cares for. The way that the plots intertwine and play out over the series (including many things left out of the movies) are what make the series so special. Unless you have 30 books that you’re just “dying to read” I can’t imagine what’d be so painful about reading a few kids’ books. :)[/quote]

I just cant pick up a book that I didnt like due to the writers style and try to force myself to read it. There have been many authors that I have tried R.A. Salvatore is another one I tried to read and just didnt like it for whatever reason. Too many books in the world to worry about it IMO, so I just move on.

All I know is, that last book could have had 300+ pages removed from it and not lost a thing plot-wise