T Nation

Death Wish

[quote]Joebob wrote:
Jan Michael had it all, and then just like that took a turn for the worse. I really can’t explain my deep rooted hatred for JMV but it is there. I once seen a show on JMV. I can’t remember if it was an A&E bio special or a VH1 True Hollywood special, but either way it exposed how much of a piece of shit he turned out to be.
[/quote]
Judgemental little pecker, aren’t we? He was a sick man.

I’m glad your life hasn’t been touched by this illness, or you might have a different outlook.

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Bronson was great. I have not seen Death Wish in years and years. Does it still hold up well or does it seem cheesy?

Regarding Jan Michael Vincent, he has had a lot of drug problems and really self destructed. I think he was a major asshole because of the drugs.
It was alcohol and he was not so much an asshole, just totally unrealiable. He always hurt himself more than anyone else.[/quote]

I might be wrong but I seem to remember him getting arrested for beating his woman.

Joebob wrote:
Jan Michael had it all, and then just like that took a turn for the worse. I really can’t explain my deep rooted hatred for JMV but it is there. I once seen a show on JMV. I can’t remember if it was an A&E bio special or a VH1 True Hollywood special, but either way it exposed how much of a piece of shit he turned out to be.

I’m glad your life hasn’t been touched by this illness, or you might have a different outlook.
[/quote]

He has…a diseeeeeaasssee. Beating his wife was just part of his disease, he needs treatment, not judgement.

Wait, are we talking about his alcohol habit or his cocaine habit? I can’t remember which ones are considered illnesses and which ones are still legimately the user’s fault.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
He has…a diseeeeeaasssee. Beating his wife was just part of his disease, he needs treatment, not judgement.

Wait, are we talking about his alcohol habit or his cocaine habit? I can’t remember which ones are considered illnesses and which ones are still legimately the user’s fault.[/quote]

If he beat his wife, he should be punished under law — drunk or sober. Theres a difference between punishment and judgement (especially from some asswipe on a chat forum).

I hadn’t heard the cocaine part, only the alcohol — my bad. Illness-wise, they’re basically the same thing though.

Joebob wrote:

[/quote]

Wow buddy. My posts on JMV were a joke. I am sorry that jokes and sarcassim don’t go over too well on internet forums. You obviously love JMV.

I will judge anyone I want, especially those who drink, do drugs, and beat women.

-Judgemental little pecker

[quote]Joebob wrote:
Jan Michael had it all, and then just like that took a turn for the worse. I really can’t explain my deep rooted hatred for JMV but it is there.

Joebob wrote:
Wow buddy. My posts on JMV were a joke. I am sorry that jokes and sarcassim don’t go over too well on internet forums. You obviously love JMV.

I will judge anyone I want, especially those who drink, do drugs, and beat women.
[/quote]

…or talk/write like a hayseed.

[quote]Joebob wrote:
Jan Michael had it all, and then just like that took a turn for the worse. I really can’t explain my deep rooted hatred for JMV but it is there. I once seen a show on JMV
[/quote]

[quote]bundy wrote:
I saw this for the first time last night and fuck me Charles Bronson is one hard dude (well his character is). Most you folks out there seen this? If so what are some other movies of similiar theme?[/quote]

Sorry for the derailment of your thread, dude.

Is that a wax figure of Richard Simmons? Creepy. That’s the sort of thing that gives folks nightmares.

Later,
Scott

I love that scene in Mr. Majestik where the hitman meets him in the bar and says, " I am looking at a dead man." to which Bronson replies, “Then I guess it doesn’t matter if I do this…” Then punches him in the face.

Mike

i still think death wish III is my favorite. i love how he guns down criminals and people are cheering him on. like when he uses his high powered pistol “wildey” to gun down a purse snatcher named “the giggler”. everyone tries to kill him, bullets go everywhere but they cannot hit him. my theory is that Charles Bronson is too beautiful to be shot. i think the gang members are too distracted by his beauty to shoot straight.

also, death wish saw the beginning of jeff goldbloom’s acting career. he was one of the thugs who raped his daughter at the beginning of the movie. remember, jeff goldbloom is watching you poop!!!

Sorry for the derailment of your thread, dude.

Is that a wax figure of Richard Simmons? Creepy. That’s the sort of thing that gives folks nightmares.

Later,
Scott[/quote]

I was looking for someone who the ladies love and the men fear :wink: A T-Man through and through!

[quote]dukefan4ever wrote:
Another one sorta like Death Wish is ‘10 to Midnight’. I think Lisa Eilbacher plays Charles Bronson’s daughter. Good flick.[/quote]

10 to Midnight is a sweet movie! OMG…Lisa Eilbacher was such a fox!!

[quote]john w wrote:
i still think death wish III is my favorite. i love how he guns down criminals and people are cheering him on. like when he uses his high powered pistol “wildey” to gun down a purse snatcher named “the giggler”. everyone tries to kill him, bullets go everywhere but they cannot hit him. my theory is that Charles Bronson is too beautiful to be shot. i think the gang members are too distracted by his beauty to shoot straight.

also, death wish saw the beginning of jeff goldbloom’s acting career. he was one of the thugs who raped his daughter at the beginning of the movie. remember, jeff goldbloom is watching you poop!!![/quote]

lol…Yes, I rememmber Goldblume in the beginning. He had such memorable lines too…

“rich cunts! (SMACK)”

“shit man, we got business!”

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:
dukefan4ever wrote:
Another one sorta like Death Wish is ‘10 to Midnight’. I think Lisa Eilbacher plays Charles Bronson’s daughter. Good flick.

10 to Midnight is a sweet movie! OMG…Lisa Eilbacher was such a fox!!
[/quote]

Whatever happened to her?

[EDIT] Apparently hasn’t done anything since 1995:

http://www.geocities.com/spootnek/Eilbacher/Filmography.html