Dearborn MI

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
I live near by and I would say the vast majority are really nice people. I go out for drinks with a large group and i’m the only white person in the entire group. I can’t say I have ever seen our flag flown upside down either and I’ve been here for 4months.

My only complaint is that they cook some smelly shit. Man I don’t know what dish it is but the people that live above me cook something that smells like sour milk. I literally threw up one day b/c of the smell.[/quote]

Actually, arab cuisine is quite tasty. I am a huge fan. Since you have this community so close, you should give it a try some day. Most of it is also quite lean and high in protein so it’s good for a lifter’s diet.

HAHAHA!!!Thats funny…I live a couple of miles away and never heard or seen that on the local news…most of the arab americans around here are christian. I saw on the news that they feared bashing.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Dearborn was repudiated for having been a celebration point during 9-11. I remember watching the news and seeing thousands in dearborn celebrating during 9-11, and waving Palestinian flags.[/quote]

[quote]billy martin wrote:
HAHAHA!!!Thats funny…I live a couple of miles away and never heard or seen that on the local news…most of the arab americans around here are christian. I saw on the news that they feared bashing.

gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Dearborn was repudiated for having been a celebration point during 9-11. I remember watching the news and seeing thousands in dearborn celebrating during 9-11, and waving Palestinian flags.

[/quote]

Dearborn is practically an Islamic state. In the public schools they are no longer allowed to have co-ed gym classes where the boys and girls use the same swimming pool. Why? Because in Islam the male body is considered to be clean and pure, while the female body is considered to be dirty and impure. So when all the Muslims in Dearborn kicked up a fuss because they didn’t want their clean boys swimming in water that has been soiled by dirty girls the school district caved in.

I couldn’t find the article that was in the Detroit free press. It no longer appears. All I could find was a reference to it. http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/011139.php

The sixth paragraph down mentions it.

It has been a few years since I read it, but the original article did say that the district was ending coed gym classes because of the hue and cry from the muslims.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
billy martin wrote:

gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Dearborn was repudiated for having been a celebration point during 9-11. I remember watching the news and seeing thousands in dearborn celebrating during 9-11, and waving Palestinian flags.

Dearborn is practically an Islamic state. In the public schools they are no longer allowed to have co-ed gym classes where the boys and girls use the same swimming pool. Why? Because in Islam the male body is considered to be clean and pure, while the female body is considered to be dirty and impure. So when all the Muslims in Dearborn kicked up a fuss because they didn’t want their clean boys swimming in water that has been soiled by dirty girls the school district caved in. [/quote]

Please quote an islamic source for what you have stated as it is completely false.

Thanks.

The reason they would have separate pools is to observe the islamic dress-code. Mature girls who wear the hijab wouldn’t be able to show themselves in a bathing suit infront of other mature boys.

Please dont take everything you read for face value.

[quote]imasri wrote:
The reason they would have separate pools is to observe the islamic dress-code. Mature girls who wear the hijab wouldn’t be able to show themselves in a bathing suit infront of other mature boys.

Please dont take everything you read for face value.[/quote]

Islamic dress code? Whatever happened to separation of Church and State?

Schools giving in to religious preferences. Where in the hell is The ACLU? I could only imagine what would happen if a conservative christian group made similar demands.

[quote]imasri wrote:

Please dont take everything you read for face value.[/quote]

Public schools being forced to meet religious dress codes seems wrong to me. Where is the ACLU on this matter?

your right…throw a prayer in a classroom and all the media would be at the school and someone would have a lawsuit…doesn’t make sense, but what does lately?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
imasri wrote:

Please dont take everything you read for face value.

Public schools being forced to meet religious dress codes seems wrong to me. Where is the ACLU on this matter?[/quote]

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
OKLAHOMA STATE wrote:
No one was celebrating in Dearborn on 9/11. Get your facts straight.

I am, and there was.
[/quote]

There were also huge street celebrations proclaiming thanks to the US and George Bush for invading Iraq and more when Hussein was executed. I worked for Ford in Dearborn with many Arabs and their views run the gamut from total adversarial assholes to people who appreciate our way of life and are happy to contribute.

I have no tolerance for people who come to my country and bring theirs with them. I don’t care what color ya are or where you come from by itself, but if you want to live here have the common decency to join my society.

I am merely pointing out that there is a significant contingent of Arabs here who are on our side to go along with those who I’d like to see deported forthwith. Regardless of what you think of the war it was simply a matter of example. Why do I have a feeling I’m about to have it affirmed to myself that I’m better off staying out of this room?