Dear Mr. President...

Turbo,

After reading through your open letter, I’m struck that it sounds awfully familiar.

Was this a circulating email?

I enjoyed this tidbit…

“I’ve been in my share of fights and my share of tough business negotiations. I always knew when I’d won when I saw a certain look of fear in my opponent’s eyes, the same look you had when you got news of the terrorists attacking American in September of 2001.”

Pretty hard to take the rest of the post seriously after seeing that.

[quote]turbot33 wrote:
JeffR wrote:
I don’t hate Democrats!!!

In fact, I’d LOVE it if one of them tried to kick me.

The party of vandalizing various Bush/Cheney headquarters is the party for me!!

What courage!!!

Hey as long as Kerry wins, that’s all that really matters!!! Doesn’t matter how we get there!!!

JeffR

JeffR, I’m sorry that Dems are so hard on you guys. I’ll ask them to let up before they really go overboard and hurt you little feelings.

And JeffR, c’mon, use some logical discourse here. You don’t think this is going on in both sides? Do you really think Dems are inherently evil?

Incidentally, did you know that anyone who wears a Kerry shirt to a Republican rally gets asked to leave? If he doesn’t, he gets arrested. I doubt if this is universal, but it’s happened scores of times. Big stories on NPR and in Harpers and NY Times. THAT for sure doesn’t happen in Kerry rallies.

[/quote]

Kerry bans signs from his rallies as well.

I’ve no information on T-shirts…

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Anyone else notice how when we get one of these 'open letter"-type rantings, the original poster vomits up a long, shrill list and disappears never to post on the thread again?[/quote]

Yeah! Why is that? Sons of bitches!

Wait a minute…the original poster was me!

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Turbo,

After reading through your open letter, I’m struck that it sounds awfully familiar.

Was this a circulating email?[/quote]

Nope, I wrote it fresh for this site. I’ve previously made some posts that mentioned some of the same things. That’s probably what you’re thinking of.

Turbo,

Amazing letter. Even know Kerry probably isn’t the right man for the job, you couldn’t do any worse than Bush. I wish my American neighbours to the South the best for this coming Tuesday’s election.

“You need not be feared, to be loved”.

jaystyles

[quote]JD430 wrote:
I enjoyed this tidbit…

“I’ve been in my share of fights and my share of tough business negotiations. I always knew when I’d won when I saw a certain look of fear in my opponent’s eyes, the same look you had when you got news of the terrorists attacking American in September of 2001.”

Pretty hard to take the rest of the post seriously after seeing that.[/quote]

Yeah, in retrospect, I probably should have left the “business negotiations” thing out of it. Does sound kind of hammy.

Thank You,

Bomb that…hysterical.

Jay:

If I’m not mistaken you are about the third or fourth Canadian who is openly anit Bush. What’s up with you guys? Do you read any of us American T-men insulting your political leaders? Show a little respect for us…or not just a suggestion…:slight_smile:

Liberal: Why do you keep calling us hate filled? I don’t know where this is coming from.

Conservative: Ok, then what do you think of Bush?

Liberal: He is the devil himself. He kills innocent people, is ignorant, steals money, goes to war for oil, is keeping the secrets of area 51, has a low IQ, molests little children, Shot JFK, cannot talk right, destroyed the environment, was secretly involved in 911, wants to kill old people, and like the Guardian said, should be assassinated.

Conservative: But you don’t hate him?

Liberal: Oh no, not at all.

Mage you have soooooo busted them.

BTW has it occured to anyone that we want moderate muslims to dissociate themselves from and denounce the more militant muslims, but we can’t even get the dems to dissociate themselves from and denounce:

“and like the Guardian said, should be assassinated.”

The Mage:

LOL…Whahah you hit it dead center!

[quote]JeffR wrote:
I don’t hate Democrats!!!

In fact, I’d LOVE it if one of them tried to kick me.

The party of vandalizing various Bush/Cheney headquarters is the party for me!!

What courage!!!

Hey as long as Kerry wins, that’s all that really matters!!! Doesn’t matter how we get there!!!

JeffR[/quote]

I’ve given you a few verbal kicks before Jeff. For example, you’re overusing the exclamation mark again, bud.
This election has aroused strong passions, but to resort to violence or vandalism is shameful, isn’t it? Have to agree with you there.
The clock’s ticking- only a few days left. I am supporting Kerry but I have to say Turbo’s post was over the top.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

To all of you hate filled liberals: You only have two more days to hope and pray…

(Smile more, hate less, no matter who wins)
[/quote]

I know as many hate-filled conservatives (maybe more). Not everyone who is “liberal” is full of hate or even, believe it or not, misinformation. Some people are just trying to make sense of it all.
In fact, I venture that most of us should spend all of our zealous energy for one candidate or the other trying to sort through the one thing that seems to unite both parties: the propaganda and mud-slung lies spun by either party on any given day over any given issue. Stem cells? Love them- but he hates them, the jerk! Hate them- but he loves them, the jerk! War? Womens rights? Health care? Same thing. Neutrality can be good, thank-you Switzerland, and maybe if everyone was a little more open to what both sides had to say, we’d see more of the truth filtering through the thick coating of crap, and hopefully vote for that. Presidential candidates stick to a basic framework of their party’s beliefs (enough to keep the support coming) and tell the largest audience of “likely voters” what they want they want to hear.
Politicians lie. Like dogs. All of 'em. We should just hook them all up to a polygraph with large electric shocks administered for every lie told. We ask them questions on the issues. The jerk left alive, albeit smoldering, would be the lesser liar and therefore the winner. Whadda ya say?

As for the “smile more, hate less” thing? All aboard that train! :slight_smile:

I want to take an unofficial poll of all non-Americans (i.e., the rest of the world) to find out who they think should be the leader of the most powerful country on the planet the coinhabit. Just morbidly curious (seems alot of our Canadian friends, anyway, lean towards the liberal side…)
Any non-US citizens care to respond?

[quote]The Mage wrote:
Liberal: Why do you keep calling us hate filled? I don’t know where this is coming from.

Conservative: Ok, then what do you think of Bush?

Liberal: He is the devil himself. He kills innocent people, is ignorant, steals money, goes to war for oil, is keeping the secrets of area 51, has a low IQ, molests little children, Shot JFK, cannot talk right, destroyed the environment, was secretly involved in 911, wants to kill old people, and like the Guardian said, should be assassinated.

Conservative: But you don’t hate him?

Liberal: Oh no, not at all.[/quote]

C’mon now-
Putting down a huge group of people based on a sweeping generalization VS. putting down one guy/party based on political opinion and sweeping generalizations… Hmmm. Who really wins here?

Dear Mr. President,
Please please please win this election. Please keep that liberal, social, communist out of the white house. John Kerry is the enemy within.

www.wintersoldier.com
Go here to see the truth about John Kerry’s “service” in Vietnam. Oh yeah and look for the picture of him in the North Vietnamese Museum. John Kerry was considered by the North Vietnamese “A great contributor to communism”. Thank you Mr. Kerry.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
This election has aroused strong passions, but to resort to violence or vandalism is shameful, isn’t it? Have to agree with you there.
The clock’s ticking- only a few days left. I am supporting Kerry but I have to say Turbo’s post was over the top.
[/quote]

Thank you. A Kerry supporter, but a reasonable person and a gentleman.

Yellowcap:

[quote] Yellowcap wrote:

“I know as many hate-filled conservatives (maybe more). Not everyone who is “liberal” is full of hate”[/quote]

Nooo. But where is the liberal BB (OK maybe that’s unfair he is a bit exceptional). But Where is the conservative Lumpy? Notice the post of Clemenza? Clearly someone who really doesn’t want Kerry to win. However notice the tone of his(?) post. You may not like the words (I’m not so sure they aren’t true) but it is not dripping with spite or hate. Compare to “I don’t respect you, and I think you’re a stone coward.”

[quote]yellowcap wrote:

C’mon now-
Putting down a huge group of people based on a sweeping generalization VS. putting down one guy/party based on political opinion and sweeping generalizations… Hmmm. Who really wins here?[/quote]

The ones who stop the hate.

I am not saying that all liberals think this way, or do this, but I do see it way too much.

I have had discussions that didn?t go down a gutter into hate before, but people just seem to be going off the deep end when it comes to Bush. I don?t understand why more people don?t see it, and are falling for it.

Do I need to keep repeating this? If you are against the war, give a good reason, not a conspiracy theory about going after oil. If you do want to go down the conspiracy theory, then I expect you to prove it, not just say it?s true just because you believe it.

Another example is when people have to go back 30 years to hate somebody. National Guard? Come on. Was a crime committed? No? Then what? AWOL? You have proof? Did he do time or get a court martial? No? Oh yeah, his daddy is powerful, so you have to jump to the conclusion that he got help. Again where is the proof?

Just because his father was a congressman at the time does not mean he got help. Possible? Sure. But until proven, it is nothing more then estrogen induced gossip.

Tell me, is the liberal position so weak that you need to go down this road? Are you saying that you cannot win on the issues? If so, then you chose the wrong side.

More: http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/090204W.shtml

A choice quote: “Throughout his political career Bush has adamantly denied that he got a Guard pilot spot through preferential treatment. That, despite the fact Bush was jumped ahead of a nationwide waiting list of 100,000 Guard applicants, while achieving the lowest possible passing grade on his pilot aptitude test for would-be fliers, and listing “none” as his background qualifications.”