T Nation

Dear Mr. President...

Dear Mr. Bush,

I’m not going to mince words. I don’t like you, I don’t respect you, and I think you’re a stone coward.

I’ve been in my share of fights and my share of tough business negotiations. I always knew when I’d won when I saw a certain look of fear in my opponent’s eyes, the same look you had when you got news of the terrorists attacking American in September of 2001.

Your defenders say that sitting there was the right thing to do, as to “not alarm the children,” but you and I both know the truth, don’t we?

I think you’re an intellectual lightweight. You don’t accept empirical evidence and you don’t admit error. Even your staff members label you as the least intellectually curious President in history.

When you ran for President the first time, you claimed that you’d unite the country. That would laughable if it weren’t so damn sad. I blame you for the enormous ideological rift that exists today among America’s people.

You claim your opponent’s a “flip flopper,” but you sir, are the champ.

Do you remember saying any of the following lines?

“If we’re an arrogant nation, [foreigners] will resent us. If we’re a humble nation but strong, they’ll welcome us…we’ve got to be humble.” October, 11, 2000

“Effective reform requires accountability…it is a sad story. High hopes, low achievement. Grand plans, unmet goals. My administration will do things differently.” Sept. 2, 1999

“I hope you will join me to pay down more than $2 trillion in debt during the next ten years… We should approach our nation’s budget as any prudent family would.” Feb. 27th, 2001.

We all know that you didn’t follow or achieve any of that. Of course, those aren?t really flip-flops, are they? No, I think it would be more accurate to call them lies.

It’s offensive to me that you claim to have God’s ear. Sir, if there’s a God and he’s talking to anyone, it sure as hell ain’t you. You claim to represent the Religious right, but you don’t even belong to a church! God may forgive for pulling that bit of chicanery, but I won’t.

You call yourself the education President, but that in itself is laughable because you, sir, are the product of a failed educational system. You promised to leave no child behind, but then you yanked funding. Now drop out rates are higher than ever and the disparity between the best schools and the worst schools is at an all-time high.

You claim to be the candidate of hunters and fisherman, but Mr. President, they need clean air and clean water to pursue their passion. You, however, have rolled back more environmental regulations than is conscionable.

I believe in science, Mr. President, but you surely don’t. This is the age of science, sir, and science will ultimately conquer disease, pollution, and fuel shortages. Scores of Nobel Prize winning scientists have banded against you for your naive opinions about science and I feel their pain.

While you inherited an enormous budget surplus, you’ve squandered it. I understand that the war effort ate up a significant portion of that surplus, but the rest of your spending borders on the obscene. You have all the budgetary restraint of a crack addict in drug alley.

You claim to have Republican ideals, but you and your administration are to Republicans what the Taliban is to Islam.

The rest of your shortcomings and crimes are too many to cite. History for sure will condemn for these, along with the ones I’ve mentioned, and I sincerely hope you?re relegated to history’s judgment come this Tuesday.

–Turbo T33

Look just tell him how you really feel…LOL.

Hey, I have an idea! Show him how brave you are and sign your real name Mr. Turbo…whaha.

Okay…you are one hate filled liberal (then again most are) who is going to have to take a deep breath and relax. What is going so wrong in your life that you have built up this much hate for our President?

Find a comfortable sofa lay down and just sort things out. And by all means stay away from anything sharp! :slight_smile:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Look just tell him how you really feel…LOL.

Hey, I have an idea! Show him how brave you are and sign your real name Mr. Turbo…whaha.

Okay…you are one hate filled liberal (then again most are) who is going to have to take a deep breath and relax. What is going so wrong in your life that you have built up this much hate for our President?

Find a comfortable sofa lay down and just sort things out. And by all means stay away from anything sharp! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

ZEB, you really do like to stir up emotions in other people, don’t you?

It is understandable that people do not agree with each other, and I’m not saying you should agree with him.

But why is it that you’re always so full of anger towards people who do not share your views? Just try a more passive approach… people will be much more welcoming in response.

I welcome your views, even though I may sometimes not agree with them. Nevertheless, I choose not to immediately denominate you as a stupid conservative. Other people have feelings too, you know? I’ve seen your responses to other posts in the past, and it really doesn’t seem like you give a damn. You always attack people personally instead of refuting their statement.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Look just tell him how you really feel…LOL.

Hey, I have an idea! Show him how brave you are and sign your real name Mr. Turbo…whaha.

Okay…you are one hate filled liberal (then again most are) who is going to have to take a deep breath and relax. What is going so wrong in your life that you have built up this much hate for our President?

Find a comfortable sofa lay down and just sort things out. And by all means stay away from anything sharp! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin, literally “argument to the man”), is a logical fallacy that involves replying to an argument or assertion by addressing the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself. A (fallacious) ad hominem argument has the basic form:

  1. A makes claim B;
  2. there is something objectionable about A,
  3. therefore claim B is false.

The first statement is called a ‘factual claim’ and is the pivot point of much debate. The last statment is referred to as an ‘inferential claim’ and represents the reasoning process. There are two types of inferential claim, explicit and implicit. Positive arguments to the person are discussed under appeal to authority.

Ad hominem is one of the best-known of the logical fallacies usually enumerated in introductory logic and critical thinking textbooks. Both the fallacy itself, and accusations of having committed it, are often brandished in actual discourse. As a technique of rhetoric, it is powerful and used often, despite its lack of subtlety.

turbot, dont have the time to respond to everything, but the deficit not being paid off had a lot to do with the surplus’s estimates being completely wrong (due to crashing stock markets) and 9-11; and, more importantly, we had more important things to do with our money (like attack afghanistan and al queda) that made everything bush wanted to do impossible. he has repeatedly said that everything changed on 9-11, and i believe that to be true.

Does anyone think Gore would have done better.LOL. Even he is glad he didn’t win.

As for Kerry he is a disaster in the making. At best his appeasment will set back the war on terror. at worst, his weakness will encourage our enemies.

It’s the Testosterone website. Read TC’s article this week guys. The theme isn’t tog roll over it’s to fight back.

Uh… I agree with Zeb, here. Lighten up, dudes. While I don’t exactly think that Bush is some kind of demi-god or something, he’s not what turbo took an entire novel to rant about. And yes, this is an ad hominem appeal, but seriously… try to maybe have a beer every once in a while or something. Life ain’t that bad.

P.S. hedo is right on about Gore. He probably thanked God over and over again that his lawyers didn’t manage to flip the election results in court! What liberal weenie would want this mess during their administration? :slight_smile:

Come on everybody, he wrote a letter to the president, and posted it on a bodybuilding site exactly where Bush would read it.

Looking at the letter I see a person brainwashed by all the liberal propaganda, a person who has watched Moor?s propaganda film a few too many times. (Which was happily quoted by Osama.)

It is possible to disagree with a persons policies, or political stand without the hate, and attacks. I have been listening too all of this crap for the past two years, and people just don?t learn.

There is a difference between saying you disagree with a persons policies, such as the war, and just calling a person a “stone coward”. Then sit in judgment of a man being told of the 911 attacks, as though you are psychic. Reading people is not quite as straight foreword as you might think, or as simple as some books portray it. (This is one of the areas I need to know.)

I still don’t know why people have to get so personal. Attempting to put a person down is not an argument for the issues.

Jokes are one thing, and discussing a person’s character is also important. Yet why do people have to keep going down the road of hate? I know many get upset because I bring this stuff up, but they don’t like their character flaws shown to them.

The question is who is going to argue for hate?

lmjudek:

It’s okay that you and Turbo are not voting for President Bush. It’s even okay for Turbo to rant on about all of the things that he obviously hates, but don’t expect me to dignify such rants with a legitimate response.

When I read things like " The rest of your shortcomings and crimes are to many to cite" I have to shake my head and chuckle.

I just can’t respond in a serious manner to such things. Sorry you didn’t find my post as entertaining as I found Turbos post to be.

To all of you hate filled liberals: You only have two more days to hope and pray…Oops sorry scratch “pray” I know that really makes you guys mad :slight_smile:

(Smile more, hate less, no matter who wins)

I liked your post ZEB!!!

If I may get psychological for a moment…

“Jokes are one thing, and discussing a person’s character is also important. Yet why do people have to keep going down the road of hate?”

One reason for all the anger from some/many dems is that they have a lot of old anger. Part of the democrat party is a lot of seperate causes…NOW, PETA, Environmentalists (e.g. ELF)…Show me someone heavily into a cause ANY cause and I’ll show you someone with a lot of old anger channeling it into that cause (which may be a good cause).

We now return you to our regularly scheduled festivities… (hostilities?)

[quote]ZEB wrote:
lmjudek:

It’s okay that you and Turbo are not voting for President Bush. It’s even okay for Turbo to rant on about all of the things that he obviously hates, but don’t expect me to dignify such rants with a legitimate response.

When I read things like " The rest of your shortcomings and crimes are to many to cite" I have to shake my head and chuckle.

I just can’t respond in a serious manner to such things. Sorry you didn’t find my post as entertaining as I found Turbos post to be.

To all of you hate filled liberals: You only have two more days to hope and pray…Oops sorry scratch “pray” I know that really makes you guys mad :slight_smile:

(Smile more, hate less, no matter who wins)
[/quote]

This is exactly what I mean : "To all of you hate filled liberals: You only have two more days to hope and pray…Oops sorry scratch “pray” I know that really makes you guys mad :slight_smile: "

Sure, you were joking in this one, but you seem to do this all the time. I’m sure people would appreciate it if you wouldn’t.

Oh, and please don’t see my tone in any of these posts as angry.

I am definitely not angry. I’m not American, and quite frankly, I wouldn’t even consider myself liberal. I am not a “hate-filled liberal” like everybody else on this forum apparently is, and the election really isn’t that big of a deal to me. I simply have an opinion, and if I have to choose someone to support, I’d rather go for Kerry than Bush. Even though he’s not perfect, he is IMO more moderate on many issues than Bush is.

The evidence speaks for itself–the is classic democrat:

DURANGO, Colo. - A part-time college instructor has apologized for kicking a student because he was wearing a Republican shirt.

Fort Lewis College student Mark O’Donnell said he was showing people his College Republicans sweat shirt, which said “Work for us now … or work for us later,” when Maria Spero kicked him in the leg at an off-campus restaurant.

Spero then said “she should have kicked me harder and higher,” said O’Donnell. “To physically take that out on someone because you disagree with them, that is completely wrong.”

Wow - you generalize that to all democrats?

That sounds like hatin’ to me.

Wow - you generalize that to all democrats?

“One reason for all the anger from some/many dems”

That sounds like hatin’ to me.

I was adressing the issue of why hostility seems to be…much more common among democrats, and passing on some observations. Granted reading some of the liberal talking points gets old…but no no hatred.

I don’t hate Democrats!!!

In fact, I’d LOVE it if one of them tried to kick me.

The party of vandalizing various Bush/Cheney headquarters is the party for me!!

What courage!!!

Hey as long as Kerry wins, that’s all that really matters!!! Doesn’t matter how we get there!!!

JeffR

lmjudek:

“Sure, you were joking in this one, but you seem to do this all the time. I’m sure people would appreciate it if you wouldn’t.”

Well, I’m sure people would appreciate it if you wouldn’t tell me to stop calling hate filled liberals um…hate filled.

You support Kerry? No way…really? Now who would have guessed that?

[quote]JeffR wrote:
I don’t hate Democrats!!!

In fact, I’d LOVE it if one of them tried to kick me.

The party of vandalizing various Bush/Cheney headquarters is the party for me!!

What courage!!!

Hey as long as Kerry wins, that’s all that really matters!!! Doesn’t matter how we get there!!!

JeffR[/quote]

JeffR, I’m sorry that Dems are so hard on you guys. I’ll ask them to let up before they really go overboard and hurt you little feelings.

And JeffR, c’mon, use some logical discourse here. You don’t think this is going on in both sides? Do you really think Dems are inherently evil?

Incidentally, did you know that anyone who wears a Kerry shirt to a Republican rally gets asked to leave? If he doesn’t, he gets arrested. I doubt if this is universal, but it’s happened scores of times. Big stories on NPR and in Harpers and NY Times. THAT for sure doesn’t happen in Kerry rallies.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Does anyone think Gore would have done better.LOL. Even he is glad he didn’t win.

.[/quote]

Oh yeah, like Gore couldn’t point to the map and say, “Bomb that.”

Brilliant.

Anyone else notice how when we get one of these 'open letter"-type rantings, the original poster vomits up a long, shrill list and disappears never to post on the thread again?