Dear Atheists/Non-Believers

Nope. Believing in a god is not wrong and neither is not believing.

I’m not sure what you mean by “wrong.” Belief is a verb, so of course it’s not wrong to BELIEVE one way or another, but the BELIEF can be wrong.

It’s not wrong to BELIEVE the earth is flat, but the BELIEF is wrong.

When I say “wrong” I simply mean that the conclusion is false. Both positions (that something exists and doesnt exist) cannot be correct, surely you see that?

1 Like

That is more what I meant.

And also, does it really matter if the other person is “wrong?” People in this country have a real problem with worrying about the personal lives of others. I think you would agree with that based on posts of yours that I have read.

1 Like

That is precisely why it does matter.

People use God as a justification for all sorts of things, including political decisions and people they vote into office. Gay marriage? God doesn’t approve, sorry. People in the Middle East fighting over who has rights to Gods Holy Land… it all hinges on the fact of gods existence for many prople

2 Likes

Quoted for truth. I belief that.

I am relief to hear that.

One of that many reasons I shouldn’t engage in these debates on my phone

1 Like

At least you’re not voting with weird pointy dancing shoes on like I apparently am.

1 Like

No one side is. Either there is or is not a God.
If your speaking behaviorally or morally there is much less distance between people. But between Atheists and Theists, somebody is right and somebody is wrong.

No, still one is right and one is wrong. But that’s between a person and God.

The good news is we all get to find out one day. The bad news is we don’t get to come back and brag.

I agree with the ‘mind your own damn business’ tenet.

Intellectually weak people seek validation from imaginary beings when reality won’t give it to them.

And there is nothing wrong with believing or not believing.

I would say there is nothing ethically culpable about a belief, so long as you are keeping it to yourself. Of course, one presumably wants to believe things that are true and not false. And beliefs can be precursors to behavior so it’s best to have a belief in that which is correct.
But you have the right to believe what ever you want and nobody has the right to make you believe otherwise.

It would be safer to assume that people want to believe what they want to be true.