Dealing with V-\Diet Dizzyiness

I am on day 5 of the diet. Today was my first workout while on the diet (my lower back was really hurting last week, took a week off, and I was being a bit of wuss about working out on the V-diet).

Anyway, I experienced some slight dizziness while doing pullups (like when you jump up really quick from lying down).

Now, it could have been caused from me not breathing properly (which is a problem of mine), or lack of sleep, but I was also wondering if it had anything to do with the diet (low glycogen/glucose)? After experiencing the dizziness, I did drink half a surge, then the rest after my workout. I didn’t really feel right until I got home.

Today was also the first day back on HOT-ROX (I was on antibiotics all last week), so it could have been caused by that, maybe…

So I guess my questions are to v-dieters past and present…did you experience any dizziness at the beginning of the diet?..and, did it pass? (i.e. did your body adjust?)

I hate getting dizzy…it freaks me out. And I’d be really embarrassed if I passed out in the gym or something.

Thanks.

Having extremely low blood glucose will cause low blood volume and magnify diziness caused by position change and physical exertion. The best advice is to stop that trainwreck of a diet and eat food instead.

i found increasing my fat intake helped when im on a high protien lower carb diet. your still gunna feel funny for a few days becasue your body is used to burning carbs for fuel instead of fats. u need to give it time to switch over.

The only time this happened to me on the diet was one day after I finished with the weights.

I had forgotten to bring some Surge with me. After I went home and had some I was fine.

It could also be your body may be recovering from whatever it was you had and still be on the weak side.

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
Having extremely low blood glucose will cause low blood volume and magnify diziness caused by position change and physical exertion. The best advice is to stop that trainwreck of a diet and eat food instead.[/quote]

Why do you think it’s a trainwreck diet?

I’m not a scientist/nutritionist, so i’m not going to pretend I know anything…but when I look at this diet logically, compared to other fat loss diets, I don’t see a difference other than its very simple, thus easy to stick to and you can easily catch yourself before you cheat…cause any food would be “cheating”.

On this diet, I’m consuming around 2000 calories, ~250 grams of protein, ~86 grams of quality fat, ~25-30 grams fiber and ~100 grams carbs. One 2 scoop shake contains 33% of daily values of all minerals and vitamins based on a 2000 calorie diet…so three of those takes care of micronutrients, plus I’m taking a multi. The above looks similar for what many fitness competitors would consume, or someone on another low carb diet (t-dawg, atkins, etc.).

Before I started this, I was doing the T-dawg and the ratios were pretty much the same but made up of whole foods. I lost a ton of fat on the T-dawg, easily just like the v-diet, but it was soo much easier to cheat without realizing it and I ended up “falling off the wagon”. Is a gram of protein in a shake different than a gram of protein in a piece of meat/egg?

So I don’t know, am I missing something?.. aside from slight dizziness doing pull-ups yesterday, I haven’t felt this great in over a year. I actually sleep now and I have tons of energy in the day. Only three months ago I was eating garbage, high GI carbs, only ate once a day in the evening (a monster meal), lots of processed foods…I think I would take the V-diet over that any day.

But I would like to hear what your arguments are, I’d rather not jump into something without hearing the “whole story”…

[quote]Tech9 wrote:
The only time this happened to me on the diet was one day after I finished with the weights.

I had forgotten to bring some Surge with me. After I went home and had some I was fine.

It could also be your body may be recovering from whatever it was you had and still be on the weak side.[/quote]

I probably didnt time the v-diet very well because I was a little sick last week, my back was stiff and I ate badly…so this week I completely attacked my body with a new diet, HOT-ROX and working out.

I’m not having problems at all…not hungry, not tired, not dizzy when I get up or go for a walk…just yesterday at the gym.

I was thinking about it last night and I believe it was actually caused by me holding my breath. I remember when i first started working out again I had the worst time with breathing…my first rep of the day with an incredibly low weight, would make me feel faint because I wouldn’t breathe out. Every now and then it happens again, I have to really focus.

I just wanted to cover my bases and hear what other people have to say about dizziness and the diet. I’m going to do another work out tomorrow (focus better) and see what happens.