Dealing With the Naysayers

as a play off what DG stated…

They can’t naysay if they’re dead…just sayin.

[quote]LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
mallen5 wrote:
Read “merry christmas bob” by Chris Shugart

Good recommendation, I’m gonna go dig it up right now. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap a little lower, keep your head down, and barrel through the criticisms.

I received a little criticism myself when I decided to change my field of study from engineering to kinesiology from family members, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Oh man you really fucked up![/quote]

I know, next thing you know I’ll be all ROIDZ up, breaking wallzz, raping women, and playing shortstop!1!!!1!

I never encounter this, who the hell are you people interacting with?

People (friends, family, neighbors, coworkers) commend me on my healthy eating habits, and say things like ‘you’re in such great shape, I wish I was as motivated as you’. or ‘you work out, what sort of stuff do you do, because I need to get in shape’.

I usually just say ‘thanks’ and look for an opportunity to change the subject.

Being 170 pounds at 5’9" might have something to do with that…

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
mallen5 wrote:

Good recommendation, I’m gonna go dig it up right now. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap a little lower, keep your head down, and barrel through the criticisms.

I received a little criticism myself when I decided to change my field of study from engineering to kinesiology from family members, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Oh man you really fucked up!

I know, next thing you know I’ll be all ROIDZ up, breaking wallzz, raping women, and playing shortstop!1!!!1![/quote]

NO bro, I’M NOT PLAYING YOU REALLY FUCKED UP STOP DICKING AROUND AND GO GET YOUR ENGINEERING DEGREE!

[quote]eric_lacrosse wrote:

People (friends, family, neighbors, coworkers) commend me on my healthy eating habits, and say things like ‘you’re in such great shape, I wish I was as motivated as you’. or ‘you work out, what sort of stuff do you do, because I need to get in shape’.

I usually just say ‘thanks’ and look for an opportunity to change the subject.[/quote]

Wow. Just wow. I don’t know where you live, but I’m not moving there. If I don’t have anything to rant about, I get all sketchy. Seriously though, i’ve never once had my eating habits referred to as healthy. I’m currently trying to keep my carbs pretty low, but if I ever mention it I get nothing but flack from absolutely everyone.

[quote]LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
mallen5 wrote:

I know, next thing you know I’ll be all ROIDZ up, breaking wallzz, raping women, and playing shortstop!1!!!1!

NO bro, I’M NOT PLAYING YOU REALLY FUCKED UP STOP DICKING AROUND AND GO GET YOUR ENGINEERING DEGREE![/quote]

Yeah, I’m on board with this. Go get your engineering degree. You won’t regret it.

[quote]Yossarian wrote:

Wow. Just wow. I don’t know where you live, but I’m not moving there. If I don’t have anything to rant about, I get all sketchy. Seriously though, i’ve never once had my eating habits referred to as healthy. I’m currently trying to keep my carbs pretty low, but if I ever mention it I get nothing but flack from absolutely everyone.[/quote]

ditto. im trying to use the principals of the anabolic diet right now and people just go “wow, thats a lot of fat”, “how many of those fish-pills do you take a day?!” or when i make a protein shake at 9am, “breakfast?”, “no, i had bacon, 5 eggs and some ground beef 3 hours ago…” (and my fav.) “my omega-3 says to only take 2 a day!”

OP, how ever you look at it and use it is up to you but those people who say you cant and you’ll always be small are the same ones that think that just to look like a fitness model or have any kind of lean, muscular frame, you must be on “'roids”, and have never gained an ounce of LBM on purpose… just write it off, take it with a grain of salt, whatev… and when you gain a little more you’ll see that people JUST DONT UNDERSTAND. my sisters used to (and still do, really) call my short list of sups. my steroids… BCAA’s? creatine? Surge? Carblin 19?.. not steroids, but they just dont get it… get it?

[quote]polo77j wrote:
fuck everyone who says you can’t do something …[/quote]

Can i get a x2?

They don’t even have to say it, even people who you can tell are just thinking it.

Great people didn’t become great listening to statistics and “you can’t do that.”

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
polo77j wrote:
fuck everyone who says you can’t do something …

Can i get a x2?

They don’t even have to say it, even people who you can tell are just thinking it.

Great people didn’t become great listening to statistics and “you can’t do that.”[/quote]

X3…im not a bodybuilder persay, but I must say the quote I got when my brother cruised the Clash of the Titans roster. “Charlie, if your not going to win why are you even going to compete?”

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
polo77j wrote:
fuck everyone who says you can’t do something …

Can i get a x2?

Great people didn’t become great listening to statistics and “you can’t do that.”[/quote]

X3…im not a bodybuilder persay, but I must say the quote I got when my brother cruised the Clash of the Titans roster. “Charlie, if your not going to win why are you even going to compete?”

[quote]Yossarian wrote:
LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
mallen5 wrote:

NO bro, I’M NOT PLAYING YOU REALLY FUCKED UP STOP DICKING AROUND AND GO GET YOUR ENGINEERING DEGREE!

Yeah, I’m on board with this. Go get your engineering degree. You won’t regret it.[/quote]

Naw the human body interests me. Physical Therapy looks attractive to me, PT with athletes looks even better.

[quote]dakotah_13 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

Wow. Just wow. I don’t know where you live, but I’m not moving there. If I don’t have anything to rant about, I get all sketchy. Seriously though, i’ve never once had my eating habits referred to as healthy. I’m currently trying to keep my carbs pretty low, but if I ever mention it I get nothing but flack from absolutely everyone.

ditto. im trying to use the principals of the anabolic diet right now and people just go “wow, thats a lot of fat”, “how many of those fish-pills do you take a day?!” or when i make a protein shake at 9am, “breakfast?”, “no, i had bacon, 5 eggs and some ground beef 3 hours ago…” (and my fav.) “my omega-3 says to only take 2 a day!”

OP, how ever you look at it and use it is up to you but those people who say you cant and you’ll always be small are the same ones that think that just to look like a fitness model or have any kind of lean, muscular frame, you must be on “'roids”, and have never gained an ounce of LBM on purpose… just write it off, take it with a grain of salt, whatev… and when you gain a little more you’ll see that people JUST DONT UNDERSTAND. my sisters used to (and still do, really) call my short list of sups. my steroids… BCAA’s? creatine? Surge? Carblin 19?.. not steroids, but they just dont get it… get it?[/quote]

What can you say to a person that thinks whey protein is some sort of anabolic steroid? When people sees the text word ANABOLIC on a label, they freak out.

I’m taking a fat loss supplement right now with ephedra; by judging the last threads on this forum, actually some people may be freaking out right now. I was reading about the substance with a colleague, and he concluded that I was gonna die of a heart attack. Then I wondered myself and looked at his 35% bodyfat frame (may be more) and my conclusion was that, as a fat fuck, he had way higher risk of dying by that cause.

I really don’t speak that much about bodybuilding to these people called naysayers, they aren’t read enough to deserve the time for discussion.

I don’t know if you call it a criticism or what but the one of the worst is the (1), “You look fine the way you are, why would you want to get bigger” and the (2) “When will you be happy with your at”

to which I respond

1. Damned straight I’m devastatingly handsome, but I want to look even better… for my admirers of course. (typically followed by running my hand through my hair)

and

1. I will never become satisfied with where I’m at and I’m all the better for it.

#1 will occasionally induce chuckles (cause they know I’m mostly kidding about it)
#2 confuses people

The irony is that people will sometimes assume that if you work out seriously, you have some sort of self esteem issues when the opposite is true.

Pretty much agreed!

I have calves that are around 13.5 inches. That’s fecking small even for a 147 guy. And some people tell me I’m fine the way I am; perhaps that’s because I don’t wear stuff that shows my calves but there’s no way on earth they’re going to remain like that, even if I have to “cheat” as some people actually think, when I take fish oils, supplement my diet with protein or get some creatine down.

PS. Please - someone rag on me and tell me how small my calves are. I wouldn’t mind some constructive/destructive comments regarding those 13.5inch tree trunks on the bottom half of my legs.

[quote]eric_lacrosse wrote:

I usually just say ‘thanks’ and look for an opportunity to change the subject.[/quote]

Well, I guess the Midwest lives up to the positive stereotypes associated with it.

I love naysayers. I like when people tell me I’m going to fail things. It gives me quite a bit of motivation.

Yeah, the naysayers…

Funny thing is you can also find them in our bodybuilding and strength training ‘community’.

They’re everywhere. It’s like a conspiracy. THEY LIVE!

Here are my cliff notes, written down on mole skine during my journey to become a better man:

-(unsuccessful) people like to drag other people down

-(unsuccessful) people can be easily swayed

-isolate yourself from the need for recognition (by unsuccessful) people

-set measurable / verifiable goals, reach them, enjoy

-throw a biceps pose once in a while to shut the naysayers up (do only so if you’ve proven your brains and actually have massive and cut-ish biceps)

-make their significant others crave your attention and touch

-repeat the last one whenever you feel like it

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I hit em in the face!

seriously…you hit enough people hard enough they won’t bother you anymore…

just throwing it out there as an option… :wink:

DG[/quote]

works for me!

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:
Pretty much agreed!

I have calves that are around 13.5 inches. That’s fecking small even for a 147 guy. And some people tell me I’m fine the way I am; perhaps that’s because I don’t wear stuff that shows my calves but there’s no way on earth they’re going to remain like that, even if I have to “cheat” as some people actually think, when I take fish oils, supplement my diet with protein or get some creatine down.

PS. Please - someone rag on me and tell me how small my calves are. I wouldn’t mind some constructive/destructive comments regarding those 13.5inch tree trunks on the bottom half of my legs.[/quote]

Go barefoot whenever you do leg work. You’ll immediately see huge calf growth. This is especially true with explosive squats and jumping movements.

To stay on topic… Fuck naysayers. I’m tired of this “why can’t you just be happy with your body” shit. Especially when it’s coming from out of shape fat people e.g.: parents. Change is often beneficial for anyone, so don’t knock a good thing.