Dealing With the 'Bench & Biceps' Types

Show pics OP. I want to see a 5’7 140 pound guy that looks better than the pics of your buddy.

I am also annoyed by people who work out the way you describe this guy, but I have a feeling you are throwing stones in a glass house.

I just wanted to know your age so i could get a decent mental picture of you. No flaming involved. I don’t think you should be dispensing advice at your level, though.

Also, there’s something in your OP talking about how deadlift is bad for your back, you’ll have to explain that one to me.

Did this really need to be a thread at all?
The guys asks about lifting you tell him how/benefits of including better leg exercises.
End of Story.

5’7 and 140? I wouldn’t take your advice either.

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:

Also, there’s something in your OP talking about how deadlift is bad for your back, you’ll have to explain that one to me.[/quote]

For a second I forgot what you were talking about, then I went and re-read it.

The wording was, “Enjoy your back, Dr. XXXXX.”
What I should have said was “Enjoy your back [day], Dr. XXXX” lol. DL is my favorite lift by far, wouldn’t knock that.

Why do you care what another guy is doing in the gym? Do your thing, 5 years from now when you’re big enough, he’ll probably listen.

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:

OP suggests you continue to make me sound like a douche, though.

[/quote]

you’re doing fine on your own

Dude seriously who cares let him do his thing.

I just HAD to post this pic.

I thought this would be the best thread to post random shit.

[quote]APB wrote:
…[/quote]

Lol you win. Gotta make me a poster of that pic.

[quote]thefederalist wrote:
If he plans on being a running back, at least in terms of getting recruited and being thought of as strong, the bench is more important. Listen to any college football broadcast and they will invariably make a comment about someone’s bench. On Rivals kids always post a bench and occasionally a squat. Coaches at my school mandated the bench but not the squat. In the football community, bench is king. Performance is a different issue. To quote Dave Tate, “This is the United States of America. Like it or not, the bench press will always be the most popular exercise.”[/quote]

are you talking about American Football (like the NFL) or about internation football (soccer as we call it over here)??

.greg.

OP, if this is really something that frustrates you, knuckle under and get huge. Dial in your nutrition (in your case, don’t travel 5 or more feet away from a food source) get plenty of sleep and give yourself some solid short term goals.

After he notices your progress, first he’ll cry steroids, then he’ll come to his senses and ask you for advice.

If he plans on being a running back, at least in terms of getting recruited and being thought of as strong, the bench is more important. Listen to any college football broadcast and they will invariably make a comment about someone’s bench. On Rivals kids always post a bench and occasionally a squat. Coaches at my school mandated the bench but not the squat. In the football community, bench is king. Performance is a different issue. To quote Dave Tate, “This is the United States of America. Like it or not, the bench press will always be the most popular exercise.”[/quote]

ok after re reading your post I’m almost positive that you’re talking about American Football. In that case your post couldnt be further from the truth. In terms of strength Bench Press isnt very important. Unless you are on the Offensive, Defensive line or a linebacker (where you would need to shed blockers) you wont be doing many/any bench press movements out on the field.

I played football all through growing up, in highschool and two years of college. Bench press is not “King in the football” community. Squats and cleans are way more important. They are “full body” lifts that lead to power and explosiveness. Especially for a running back big strong legs is the most important thing. Being able to bench 300lbs wont do shit for you if you have weak legs and are easily tackled.

.greg.

Facebook pirate English was funny, for a day!

Blast and Tone FTW!

.greg.

(OP can you ask for his blast and tone routine then PM it to me. Can I haz pleazzzzeee?)

2010 FTMFW! Oh wait, No nevermind. Instead 2010 FAIL! Yes, thats feels much better.

V

[quote]gregron wrote:

ok after re reading your post I’m almost positive that you’re talking about American Football. In that case your post couldnt be further from the truth. In terms of strength Bench Press isnt very important. Unless you are on the Offensive, Defensive line or a linebacker (where you would need to shed blockers) you wont be doing many/any bench press movements out on the field.

I played football all through growing up, in highschool and two years of college. Bench press is not “King in the football” community. Squats and cleans are way more important. They are “full body” lifts that lead to power and explosiveness. Especially for a running back big strong legs is the most important thing. Being able to bench 300lbs wont do shit for you if you have weak legs and are easily tackled.

.greg.[/quote]

There is no squat test at the NFL combine.

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
OP is 18, flame away!

OP started a year ago at 120 and went to 140 in 5 months, OP maintained weight during school and is resuming adding weight now.

OP is getting the results OP wants to get.

OP suggests you continue to make me sound like a douche, though.

Edit:
AWWW shit I’m cool, in response to my weight question:

Cap’n (XXXXX) Hmmm, I was 165 after my Mass gaining period.
Now im at 158-160 after my toning period.
Im going to mass 10-12 lbs and tone.
Blast/Tone method.
Allows for gradual progression like Rob, && that makes you a stronger bitch.

(end quote)

I think “toning” is just cutting, he doesn’t know the word for it. I think.
Rob is a class of 08 if I recall, seems to be his role model except Rob is an uppbody junkie too :confused:
I think I’m just going to move on, this isn’t so bad to watch.

Apparently, he tries not go get more than 60g protein a day because he thinks its bad for his liver. (got that one from the comments, i got alerted there were more after I left)[/quote]

All our base are belong to us.
Seriously do you know what OP stands for none of ^ makes any sense. Are you talking in 3rd person? What the fuck is going on?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

There is no squat test at the NFL combine.[/quote]

I know and Im not really sure why to be honest. Probably because there are other ways of testing leg strength/explosiveness that are actually sports related. (broad jump, verticle, position and drills) There really isnt any other way to test chest strength that would apply to a game situation?

And like I was saying before the only positions that the 225lb rep test really matter (as far as possibly dropping in the draft) to is O line, D line and LB… It doesnt really matter what a running back, receiver or qb puts up in the bench. Scouts care more about 40 time, vert, broad jump, cone and position drills.

.greg.