Dealing With the 'Bench & Biceps' Types

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:
Why do adults find kids with abs so offensive. These guys like their pretty abs and 15 inch arms and use them to pick up on teenage girls, it works for most of them. Some people wanna get big and strong, some people want abs and to watch little girls go googoo gaga for them. Let him do him and you do you, unless he’s claiming to be a bodybuilder who cares what he does.[/quote]

Even if he claims to be a bodybuilder, who gives a fuck? If people believe him, they are retarded and deserve his company.

OP: We KNOW you have access to some articles online, we KNOW you’ve found a forum to share your interest with (relatively) like-minded individuals, MAYBE your training is okay, but NONE of that makes you better than anyone. You do NOT have better interests for others than they have for themselves. Let him do whatever the fuck he wants. He will probably not be too interested in what you have to say anyway cause he’s probably fucking a lot of girls (in other words, he’s getting the results he wants). The reason you’re not is because you’re making yourself too damn self-important and you’re too concerned with others.

Too much fucking arrogance for something that should be a humbling experience.

I guess despite my insistence I’m not trying to force the kid into squatting isn’t clear enough - and apparently I’m also still self-important about it. It’s cool then, one more kid doing curls in the squat rack. (for the record, I’m NOT the one who started the 3-thread series that currently has a 33-pager going, you know, where you guys snicker about ‘rookie’ mistakes people make, referring to this kind/group of kids constantly)

Goddamn I’m an arrogant skinnyprick. I mean, what kind of monster would try to give someone a friendly pointer or two when they’re starting in something!

And Bulldog - who said I’m not “getting the results I want” and butthurt by this kid?

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
I guess despite my insistence I’m not trying to force the kid into squatting isn’t clear enough - and apparently I’m also still self-important about it. It’s cool then, one more kid doing curls in the squat rack. (for the record, I’m NOT the one who started the 3-thread series that currently has a 33-pager going, you know, where you guys snicker about ‘rookie’ mistakes people make, referring to this kind/group of kids constantly)

Goddamn I’m an arrogant skinnyprick. I mean, what kind of monster would try to give someone a friendly pointer or two when they’re starting in something!

And Bulldog - who said I’m not “getting the results I want” and butthurt by this kid?[/quote]

Focus on your own shit and get impressive. If “the kid” notices your results far exceed his, and gives a shit, he’ll ask.

[quote]giterdone wrote:

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
I guess despite my insistence I’m not trying to force the kid into squatting isn’t clear enough - and apparently I’m also still self-important about it. It’s cool then, one more kid doing curls in the squat rack. (for the record, I’m NOT the one who started the 3-thread series that currently has a 33-pager going, you know, where you guys snicker about ‘rookie’ mistakes people make, referring to this kind/group of kids constantly)

Goddamn I’m an arrogant skinnyprick. I mean, what kind of monster would try to give someone a friendly pointer or two when they’re starting in something!

And Bulldog - who said I’m not “getting the results I want” and butthurt by this kid?[/quote]

Focus on your own shit and get impressive. If “the kid” notices your results far exceed his, and gives a shit, he’ll ask. [/quote]

Exactly

My gym is so bad that many of the bicep guys are not bench guys and vice versa.

I mean there are guys that JUST bench. I’ve never seen them do biceps. Just weird.

So, is it the Chest-biceps individual the one wanting to be a running back or is it his big brother? If the former, I’d point out to him that a good running back needs strong legs, and that the squat has him using his legs to move more weight than any other exercise, ergo contributing the most to leg strength. Also, it’s a damn sight faster than training each muscle it uses with “isolation” exercises. If he gives you crap about his leg press, point out it’s done up an incline, and steepening the incline would increase the resistance, and the squat would correspond with a 90 degree incline.

WHO CARES?

[quote]Mr. Zero wrote:

[quote]giterdone wrote:

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
I guess despite my insistence I’m not trying to force the kid into squatting isn’t clear enough - and apparently I’m also still self-important about it. It’s cool then, one more kid doing curls in the squat rack. (for the record, I’m NOT the one who started the 3-thread series that currently has a 33-pager going, you know, where you guys snicker about ‘rookie’ mistakes people make, referring to this kind/group of kids constantly)

Goddamn I’m an arrogant skinnyprick. I mean, what kind of monster would try to give someone a friendly pointer or two when they’re starting in something!

And Bulldog - who said I’m not “getting the results I want” and butthurt by this kid?[/quote]

Focus on your own shit and get impressive. If “the kid” notices your results far exceed his, and gives a shit, he’ll ask. [/quote]

Exactly
[/quote]

Guys, he DOES ask, and I tell him - I told you, he caught wind I lift. I’m almost asking for how to introduce these things - I need to make squatting appealing and illustrate that even if you have no interest in your lower body you should still give it SOME attention - I just don’t know how. If he doesn’t care and blow it off, I waste two minutes talking about deadlifting and squatting - no skin off my back. I just wanna know I gave a shot before I let him go full-blown bench & biceps.

Hertzyscowicz, thats EXACTLY what I need. And yeah, its his little brother. All the information about him was correct, I just had the image of the wrong person in my head so my physical stats were off. And Kerely, come on, you wanna use the squat rack and a kid is doing curls in it; then you care :wink:

If he plans on being a running back, at least in terms of getting recruited and being thought of as strong, the bench is more important. Listen to any college football broadcast and they will invariably make a comment about someone’s bench. On Rivals kids always post a bench and occasionally a squat. Coaches at my school mandated the bench but not the squat. In the football community, bench is king. Performance is a different issue. To quote Dave Tate, “This is the United States of America. Like it or not, the bench press will always be the most popular exercise.”

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:

[quote]relentless2120 wrote:

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
I’m small. 5’ 7" and 140. Despite me being a tiny, I’m bigger than the kid in question, he’s around 165 - 170 and 5’ 8". I just want to get this kid off the retard path and onto the legit world of lifting - and I’d leave the kid to his vanity lifts if he wasn’t talking about “wanting to be a runningback” and crap.[/quote]

LOL hes 25 to 30 pounds heavier than you and an inch taller yet you think you’re bigger than him? Do people not realize how ridiculous some of the crap they spew is?[/quote]

I think? I stand side-by-side with him at pools without a shirt man. Forget if I’m bigger than him or not, he isn’t going to do much for himself by just benching and curling for months. By saying I was bigger than him I just wanted to get the idea across that I’m still an honest novice, but not the beginner he is - I’m not trying to inflate my ego, here, just gain a lifting buddy.

The less kids with guidohair and guidoceps in the gyms, the better I’d say.[/quote]

How are you an “honest novice” while calling a guy bigger than you smaller?

And calm the fuck down your writing makes you sound like you’re crying over this thread, jeez shut the hell up. You’re smaller than me and I’m one of the smallest guys on this forum. I don’t give people weight lifting advice though or give a shit what other people do in the gym. Go cry in a corner somewhere.

I don’t know much about facebook, but how come it looks like the name next to the top pic on that facebook thing has the name “Capn”? Isn’t that you?

Close Nards, my Facebook got set to English (Pirate) when I was messing around with the settings - so everything is written in pirate-talk. All the time is in “shots of rum,” (minutes), when you send messages its “sending a parrot their way,” etc. And I’m quite chill here, Enders = sorry if I pissed you off. And ffs, hes smaller than me - really. I’ll give you legit numbers later, hes a beanstalk.

The beauty of a forum is you choose what you read, so if this bothers you kindly stomp your feet and baww, or just casually stop reading this. I get measurements wrong all the time, sue me. I’m not a circus freak who claims to guess height and weight with precision.

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
Close Nards, my Facebook got set to English (Pirate) when I was messing around with the settings - so everything is written in pirate-talk. All the time is in “shots of rum,” (minutes), when you send messages its “sending a parrot their way,” etc. And I’m quite chill here, Enders = sorry if I pissed you off. And ffs, hes smaller than me - really. I’ll give you legit numbers later, hes a beanstalk.

The beauty of a forum is you choose what you read, so if this bothers you kindly stomp your feet and baww, or just casually stop reading this. I get measurements wrong all the time, sue me. I’m not a circus freak who claims to guess height and weight with precision.[/quote]

Quit complaining. Help the kid if it is convenient and he requests help. Otherwise, focus on your own training. Nobody cares about yours or the kid’s measurements. You are both small. Need more squats and milk.

The real issue here is that you have your Facebook language set to pirate. What were you thinking?

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:

Goddamn I’m an arrogant skinnyprick. I mean, what kind of monster would try to give someone a friendly pointer or two when they’re starting in something!

And Bulldog - who said I’m not “getting the results I want” and butthurt by this kid?[/quote]

If you were just going to “give a few pointers” you would just do that. You wouldn’t need a thread. And the kid probably wouldn’t give a shit.

I can tell you’re not getting the results you want because you’re trying to change other people. I can tell you’re not because you’re 140lbs @ 5’7"

It doesn’t matter if that weight is a result you want or not - it, as well as your statement about being bigger than someone much heavier than you (and whatever excuse you might have made when called on this LOL), means you’re nowhere near as qualified as you think.

OP, how old are you?

OP is 18, flame away!

OP started a year ago at 120 and went to 140 in 5 months, OP maintained weight during school and is resuming adding weight now.

OP is getting the results OP wants to get.

OP suggests you continue to make me sound like a douche, though.

Edit:
AWWW shit I’m cool, in response to my weight question:

Cap’n (XXXXX) Hmmm, I was 165 after my Mass gaining period.
Now im at 158-160 after my toning period.
Im going to mass 10-12 lbs and tone.
Blast/Tone method.
Allows for gradual progression like Rob, && that makes you a stronger bitch.

(end quote)

I think “toning” is just cutting, he doesn’t know the word for it. I think.
Rob is a class of 08 if I recall, seems to be his role model except Rob is an uppbody junkie too :confused:
I think I’m just going to move on, this isn’t so bad to watch.

Apparently, he tries not go get more than 60g protein a day because he thinks its bad for his liver. (got that one from the comments, i got alerted there were more after I left)

.

My top score is way higher than that, brah.

But yeah, full-circle logic ftw.

I just wish I could add 4inches to the bicep.