Dealing with People Who...

[quote]Oleena wrote:
I like how the OP mentions that his preferred way of dealing with problems would earn him a felony and posters respond with “Spam their facebook walls, dude!” Talk about two different languages/cultures.

OP- As you know, you’re dealing with a completely different type of person than you’re used to, who’d get more satisfaction out of slapping a felony on your ass for you reaction than they would learn anything from a bruised lip. You can’t let these people distract you from the reason you’re out there- college. The problem with being this angry is it makes you forget to take care of yourself/make the best decisions for your life because you’re so focused on getting back at someone else. Fuck that. It may take a lot of self control, but ignoring them would be the best response. If you spend time thinking about small ways you can get back at them, it’ll only lead to the desire to do it in the big ways.

PS. OP I grew up in a similar situation to your’s, fighting with people, having the same desires, running into the same situations at school, and the cool thing is, you get a will of steel from a life like that. Use it for good. Don’t waste that passion on these people. Also, try reading up a little bit on how people obtain power. Honestly, I think you’re playing the game wrong. You’ve got what it takes to make a difference, but you’re not aware of how to use it successfully in certain situations.[/quote]

I know that they would love probably love for me to get kicked out of school and what not if I were to go about this the way in which I would want to. They dont know the me I have to leave back home when I come to college. They really dont know who they are fucking with, and what happens to those who try to throw me under the bus. Make no mistake, if I do anything, its not going to be small. My temper has since cooled, and I am considering only “making an example” out of the one who makes me the most upset.

I, once again am tired of watching these people push around those who arent as well off. I identify with those kids. Somewhere in them I see me.

-Zep

they’re 70 miles away? they may as well be on mars dude. you must be one cool motherfucker if they can’t come up with anything better to talk about. There’s SOME solid advice in this thread haha… caveman…

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Youth. Angry, insecure, unsettled.

Focus on what drives you and the things you love. Focus on those who love you. You’re not the only man with enemies.[/quote]

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Stop bring a bitch and realize life is more important than these silly dramas. [/quote]

Listen to these guys. Maybe this just sounds like old men bitching at you, but maybe you need it.

Everyone is talked about behind their back…some of it is good shit and some of it isn’t. It’s never easy to hear about it man, I know. But whether you’ve heard it not, it’s being said. People live their lives in public and most of the are judgmental, or jealous, or just bitter pricks.

The tough part is over, you’ve heard what they were saying. As satisfying as it would be to break some fucking jaws over this, the right thing to do is man up and keep your head high as ever. That’s better revenge in the long run anyway. Get to the gym and throw some heavy shit around for a few hours. Then think about the fact that you’re a man and the only shit that can get through your skin is made of metal and lead.

A man without enemies is a man of no significant consequence.

I have had the same thing happen to me a couple years ago. I did exactly what most of these ppl here have said to you, which is basically ignore those people that said they were your “friends” and just act as if you have never met them before. On a side note. When this happened to me fresh out of high school going into college (i’m now 21 still in college) it made me realize a couple things:1.) i have anger issues that i needed to get help with and 2.) That these people that do this kind of stuff do it for several reasons such as they are insecure about themselves so they feel the need to talk bad about people to try to make themselves feel better, and they might very well be jealous of you. You seem like a cool dude.

I once let my “friends” get me so mad that i punched a dent the size of my buddies head into his car door. Lesson Learned: Cars are fuckin hard! but also get your anger in check and don’t let stupid ppl get ya mad. the world is full of stupid people, and we just have to get over it. Hope this helped.

O.P., sometimes the best revenge is a life well lived.

I entered into a type of social group about 11 years ago filled with all types of personalities. One of them was a petulant, stuck up bitch who’s only joy in life was making others miserable. For some reason, maybe I looked like an easy target, she zeroed in on me. She made sure that I knew that I was the butt of her jokes, that she was better, smarter, richer, what ever it was, she was better, and I was a bottom feeding broke assed jerk. And quite publicly at that. Not even the snippy behind the back stuff.

So the first thing I did was fuck every woman she hung out with like I was a cross between Peter North and The Craken. Cuz you know that women talk just as much and badly as guys, and I wanted to make sure that word got back to her.

Next, I went on to have a nice life with good friends that she has no part of. She can see it happening, as we are still peripherally associated through friends, but can not be a part of it. I married a woman that makes her green with envy and has accomplished everything she has ever wanted to do but the bitch just isn’t capable of, and a have a nice but humble abode which I will have a family in. All the while, she lives in an apartment with a chihuahua and gets and occasional booty call (cuz thats about all anybody will do with her).

So, life is good, and she’s not part of it. But she gets to watch.

Have a good life man. Don’t let people make you into what they need you to be. Show them who you are and what you are capable of in a way that you will benefit from in the long run. Then you won’t have to kick their ass. They will kick their own.

[quote]Zeppelin0731 wrote:

I, once again am tired of watching these people push around those who arent as well off. I identify with those kids. Somewhere in them I see me.

-Zep[/quote]

The only way you can make a difference for them is by being better.

There are three ways, that I can figure, of dealing with the situation. 1. Wreck havok, pay the time, and then START OVER. Because, things wont change. Same shit different place, now with a record. You know how it is. 2. Ignore them, but keep moving forward in your life with the idea that you’re going to get them back and make life better for those you care about. People who do this generally end up taking it much harder if they fail at some other aspect of life, because they feel like a little failure is proof of a larger failure to get back at these people and help out others. 3. Concentrate on yourself and ignore the hate. Make up your mind that nothing’s going to distract you and, also, figure out what you can make a POSITIVE change in. One thing that I’ve often done, which I’ll admit finding a lot of satisfaction in, is outscoring haters at their favorite subjects. I don’t go into the test trying to undo them, but it does feel good to see yourself passing others at all aspects of life. Don’t do it to out-do them. Just be as awesome as you are and sigh when you realize they can’t affect you, have nothing to do with your happiness, and aren’t important in the scheme of your life.

That was pretty long. I hope some of it made sense.

PS. The people who succeed in making a difference aren’t the smartest, prettiest, richest, whathaveyou, but simply the most patient and able to make it through this sort of thing without getting distracted from themselves and their goals.

[quote]Oleena wrote:

-Zep[/quote]

There are three ways, that I can figure, of dealing with the situation. 1. Wreck havok, pay the time, and then START OVER. Because, things wont change. Same shit different place, now with a record. You know how it is. 2. Ignore them, but keep moving forward in your life with the idea that you’re going to get them back and make life better for those you care about. People who do this generally end up taking it much harder if they fail at some other aspect of life, because they feel like a little failure is proof of a larger failure to get back at these people and help out others. 3. Concentrate on yourself and ignore the hate. Make up your mind that nothing’s going to distract you and, also, figure out what you can make a POSITIVE change in. One thing that I’ve often done, which I’ll admit finding a lot of satisfaction in, is outscoring haters at their favorite subjects. I don’t go into the test trying to undo them, but it does feel good to see yourself passing others at all aspects of life. Don’t do it to out-do them. Just be as awesome as you are and sigh when you realize they can’t affect you, have nothing to do with your happiness, and aren’t important in the scheme of your life.

PS. The people who succeed in making a difference aren’t the smartest, prettiest, richest, whathaveyou, but simply the most patient and able to make it through this sort of thing without getting distracted from themselves and their goals.[/quote]

I honestly thought that I was done with all these types of things when I graduated highschool. In the last 3 years, I have definately grown up. I can even see it in myself. I dont think I have an anger problem, like someone mentioned above, I beleve in defending what I think is important. Some days, I ask myself why I got so lucky to have been born with all the breaks I have.

Im not going to lie to anyone here when I say that I have done absolutely nothing wrong in this case. I thought these guys were some of my best friends. I spent every day for the last couple months with them (dont forget I am in college in a city 70 miles from home). I treat them no differently than I do the people who call me their brother back home. Perhaps we have different views on things, but I was willing to set it aside. I try to help out those that I can.

I get complaints from them all the time about it. And then they turn around and try to say that they are good christians to a man who has lost his faith and still knows better. Stuff like this bothers me. It bothers me a lot that they talk bad about those that they know wont do anything about it. It bothers me even more that they talk bad about me, in a cowardly fashion. I mean I honestly belive that if you have something to say about someone, and you are going to say it, then you should say it to their face.

I know you guys are trying to help, but this is betrayal, which is absolutely the only thing someone can do to make me hate them. I understand how having enemies works, trust me I have some, and I know it. I also unerstand that there is a fine line between love and hate, and what that means.

-Zep

(ps. I am a bit confused as to why you posted the picture.)

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

I entered into a type of social group about 11 years ago filled with all types of personalities. One of them was a petulant, stuck up bitch who’s only joy in life was making others miserable. For some reason, maybe I looked like an easy target, she zeroed in on me. She made sure that I knew that I was the butt of her jokes, that she was better, smarter, richer, what ever it was, she was better, and I was a bottom feeding broke assed jerk. And quite publicly at that. Not even the snippy behind the back stuff.

So the first thing I did was fuck every woman she hung out with like I was a cross between Peter North and The Craken. Cuz you know that women talk just as much and badly as guys, and I wanted to make sure that word got back to her.

Next, I went on to have a nice life with good friends that she has no part of. She can see it happening, as we are still peripherally associated through friends, but can not be a part of it. I married a woman that makes her green with envy and has accomplished everything she has ever wanted to do but the bitch just isn’t capable of, and a have a nice but humble abode which I will have a family in. All the while, she lives in an apartment with a chihuahua and gets and occasional booty call (cuz thats about all anybody will do with her).

So, life is good, and she’s not part of it. But she gets to watch.

Have a good life man. Don’t let people make you into what they need you to be. Show them who you are and what you are capable of in a way that you will benefit from in the long run. Then you won’t have to kick their ass. They will kick their own.
[/quote]

Revenge is a dish best served cold???

-Zep

[quote]Oleena wrote:

-Zep[/quote]

PS. The people who succeed in making a difference aren’t the smartest, prettiest, richest, whathaveyou, but simply the most patient and able to make it through this sort of thing without getting distracted from themselves and their goals.[/quote]

I honestly thought that I was done with all these types of things when I graduated highschool. In the last 3 years, I have definately grown up. I can even see it in myself. I dont think I have an anger problem, like someone mentioned above, I beleve in defending what I think is important. Some days, I ask myself why I got so lucky to have been born with all the breaks I have. Im not going to lie to anyone here when I say that I have done absolutely nothing wrong in this case. I thought these guys were some of my best friends. I spent every day for the last couple months with them (dont forget I am in college in a city 70 miles from home). I treat them no differently than I do the people who call me their brother back home. Perhaps we have different views on things, but I was willing to set it aside. I try to help out those that I can. I get complaints from them all the time about it. And then they turn around and try to say that they are good christians to a man who has lost his faith and still knows better. Stuff like this bothers me. It bothers me a lot that they talk bad about those that they know wont do anything about it. It bothers me even more that they talk bad about me, in a cowardly fashion. I mean I honestly belive that if you have something to say about someone, and you are going to say it, then you should say it to their face. I know you guys are trying to help, but this is betrayal, which is absolutely the only thing someone can do to make me hate them. I understand how having enemies works, trust me I have some, and I know it. I also unerstand that there is a fine line between love and hate, and what that means.

-Zep

(ps. I am a bit confused as to why you posted the picture.)[/quote]

I posted the picture because it’s fun to look at.

What were these guys saying about you, if you don’t mind me asking.

Dude, bro, why do you care. Remember, dust off your shoulder or your sandals.

If you ain’t got haters, you’re doing something wrong. Remember Jesus, he’s still got haters 2000 years from when they killed him.

If he is your roommate just have loud sex in your dorm while he tries to get some sleep for his finals. Make fun of him for getting less poontang if he complains.

What could they have possibly said that impacted you so tremendously? You literally just met these fuckers. Stop investing so much in others, especially ones you really don’t know, and you’ll be much better off.

Oh, and man up. Just because you’re from Ohio doesn’t mean you have to be a pussy.

Just move on. You’re in college. There are plenty of other people out there to be friends with. Focus on what you are passionate about and don’t give those guys a second thought.

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

-Zep[/quote]

I honestly thought that I was done with all these types of things when I graduated highschool. In the last 3 years, I have definately grown up. I can even see it in myself. I dont think I have an anger problem, like someone mentioned above, I beleve in defending what I think is important. Some days, I ask myself why I got so lucky to have been born with all the breaks I have. Im not going to lie to anyone here when I say that I have done absolutely nothing wrong in this case. I thought these guys were some of my best friends. I spent every day for the last couple months with them (dont forget I am in college in a city 70 miles from home). I treat them no differently than I do the people who call me their brother back home. Perhaps we have different views on things, but I was willing to set it aside. I try to help out those that I can. I get complaints from them all the time about it. And then they turn around and try to say that they are good christians to a man who has lost his faith and still knows better. Stuff like this bothers me. It bothers me a lot that they talk bad about those that they know wont do anything about it. It bothers me even more that they talk bad about me, in a cowardly fashion. I mean I honestly belive that if you have something to say about someone, and you are going to say it, then you should say it to their face. I know you guys are trying to help, but this is betrayal, which is absolutely the only thing someone can do to make me hate them. I understand how having enemies works, trust me I have some, and I know it. I also unerstand that there is a fine line between love and hate, and what that means.

-Zep

(ps. I am a bit confused as to why you posted the picture.)[/quote]

I posted the picture because it’s fun to look at.

What were these guys saying about you, if you don’t mind me asking.[/quote]

The stuff im told they say would literally get them beat if they said it to my face and we were back home. Im not gonna repeat it, but long story short, an event happened which gave me a hunch about what was happening, I then following the hunch cornered a kid who knows both me and them separately and forced him to tell me what was said and the frequency/seriousness at which it was being said. Not good.

On a side note, you are right. The picture is certainly interesting I guess haha.

-Zep

eat more, lift heavier and get bigger than them.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
[/quote]

In my experience, this is ALWAYS true when dealing with petty shit like this.

Ignore the ever-loving shit out of them. Study, lift, and fuck your way to excellence. Make them envy you.

Things like this only bother people with low self esteem. Welcome to the adult world a lot of MF do not grow up out of a HS mentality. By accepting this fact and not caring and moving on is the only adult thing to do.

Move onward and upward.

[quote]bmn wrote:
eat more, lift heavier and get bigger than them.[/quote]

This is what I am continuing to do until I see them next ;].

-Zep

Chill out, man.

When faced with such a situation, I always remember the words of some Ukrainian serial killer:

“People are like sand”.

While this is coming from a sociopath it makes sense if you really think about it. People are largely the same. Most of them are dishonest, cowardly and conniving assholes. That’s how it always has been and always will be. Who cares about all this drama/bullshit? Enjoy the company of those people who support you and are willing to walk on your path with you.
The rest, fuck 'em! They come and go, like sand running through your fingers, leaving no mark, quickly forgotten.