Dealing with People Staring You Down?

Try being ugly; it works great for me. NO ONE looks at me.

or the OP could pull his cock out and really show him who’s the boss (besides Mr. Danza)

I usually just give them a big sheepish grin and wave. Most of the time they will nod, smile, or look away. I get a lot of “tough guy” sneers, some douche will walk past me, puff his chest out, spit, and give me the “tough guy” sneer. I honestly have no idea why anyone would act this way toward me. But it is funny and cute when it happens, so I just laugh, or smile. Never had anything escalate to shouting or fighting.

One time on the freeway, these two girls were staring at me. i just looked over and started making funny faces, pushing my face onto the window. The started rolling with laughter. Then the driver signaled for me to pull over.

Ii didn’t. I totally regret that, she was pretty cute.

Wink and lick your lips seductively. If he gets skieved and looks away, good. But, if he comes over an starts talking, then you’ve got a new friend. Even better.

[quote]NeedforStrength wrote:
Stare at them right back and risk getting into a verbal confrontation/fight, or just glance and walk away? Where I live there’s always morons who think their hardcore trying to stare you down, what do you guys normally do?? and am I pussy if I just glance at them and then stare right ahead as I walk by when this happens??[/quote]

One, you care too much what everyone else thinks. Two, the bigger you get, the more people will stare at you. Very often, their facial expression does not give you an accurate picture of what is actually going on in their heads. In fact, if you plan to get serious about weight lifting, people staring is just something you will have to get used to or else you will be in fights daily from jumping to conclusions.

No one should be “staring you down” because you shouldn’t be staring back long enough to even notice.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Bite into their throats and gorge yourself on their hot blood, then rip their testicles off, hold them above your head, and yell ‘DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT TO LOOK AT ME NOW?’

It’s what I do. So far it’s worked pretty well.[/quote]

Very effective…lol

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Try being ugly; it works great for me. NO ONE looks at me.[/quote]

It’s true … I’ve seen him once … worst day of my life

This is actually a legitimate problem people run into…getting stared down?

This is what I do. I give a smile, I take out my sharpie and autograph their shirt, which is usually why they’re staring at me in the first place. It’s a good thing. It usually leaves them speechless while I strut away.

[quote]NeedforStrength wrote:
Stare at them right back and risk getting into a verbal confrontation/fight, or just glance and walk away? Where I live there’s always morons who think their hardcore trying to stare you down, what do you guys normally do?? and am I pussy if I just glance at them and then stare right ahead as I walk by when this happens??[/quote]

Just ignore them. You have other crap to worry about, i’m sure. This wouldn’t make you a pussy at all, either. You already were one to begin with. j/k.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
This is actually a legitimate problem people run into…getting stared down?[/quote]

Only the ones insecure enough to think everyone is thinking bad thoughts about them and that they need to do something about it.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

If that fails, with your right foot, you will kick his face. With your left, you will kick his nose. With your fingers, you will poke his eyes out. Ask him to take a good look at your face.[/quote]

That fly will never have sex again!!

I take a long, slow drink from my gallon of water, tighten the knot of my bandana, and hurl a barbell like a spear right through their chest.

Because I’m alpha.

*ode of analog_kid, wherever he may be.

If I glance someones way and they have there eyes locked on me Ill just smile, give a polite nod and continue my buisness…I have other shit to worry about then getting into a pissing contest with someone thats not motivated enough to go do something productive besides staring at strangers…If they keep it up Ill let out my “Trunk Monkey”

Depends where you are. Most times looking directly at them for a couple seconds, then scanning away establishes that they’re not worth your time.

You guys can say what you want, but if you’re somewhere like less-than-reputable bar or something, eye contact is a big thing in establishing dominance and can lead directly to a fight. If you don’t believe me, go somewhere and give some dude hard looks for a couple minutes. He’ll say something.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Depends where you are. Most times looking directly at them for a couple seconds, then scanning away establishes that they’re not worth your time.

You guys can say what you want, but if you’re somewhere like less-than-reputable bar or something, eye contact is a big thing in establishing dominance and can lead directly to a fight. If you don’t believe me, go somewhere and give some dude hard looks for a couple minutes. He’ll say something. [/quote]

Dude, I GREW UP in places like that. You get in fights by playing into it and staring back like there’s a problem.

I tend to avoid places where large groups of people will be extremely drunk. That seems to be the only time that caution is thrown to the wind and 170lbs guys start challenging people 100lbs bigger than them.

If someone is staring at me, I usually look back making eye contact and then look away. To do much more than that is ESCALATION, especially when it might be nothing at all (as it is in most cases)

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

You guys can say what you want, but if you’re somewhere like less-than-reputable bar or something, eye contact is a big thing in establishing dominance and can lead directly to a fight. If you don’t believe me, go somewhere and give some dude hard looks for a couple minutes. He’ll say something. [/quote]

Why should anyone give a shit if someone is going to show “dominance” by staring at you…proves absolutly nothing in my book. I would rather do what Im there to do drink, hang with my boys, or talk to people…theres other ways to prove dominance then by looking at them…but thats a whole different topic.

[quote]thaiclinch wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

You guys can say what you want, but if you’re somewhere like less-than-reputable bar or something, eye contact is a big thing in establishing dominance and can lead directly to a fight. If you don’t believe me, go somewhere and give some dude hard looks for a couple minutes. He’ll say something.

Why should anyone give a shit if someone is going to show “dominance” by staring at you…proves absolutly nothing in my book. I would rather do what Im there to do drink, hang with my boys, or talk to people…theres other ways to prove dominance then by looking at them…but thats a whole different topic.[/quote]

It’s always the little guys trying to express how “dominant” they are all of the time.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I take a long, slow drink from my gallon of water, tighten the knot of my bandana, and hurl a barbell like a spear right through their chest.

Because I’m alpha.

ode of analog_kid, wherever he may be.[/quote]

That made me laugh. Haven’t seen AK’s ridiculous posts in while… the comic relief is missed.

Overall, if someone stares at I tend to just ignore it. If it happens over and over again like if get up from a set and same dude is staring at me I usually ask “Can I help you?” or “What?” usually they mind their own business after that. However if this said person is a chick its a totally different story. I usually rip my shirt off, throw in a scoop of NO-xplode and have a pose-down with myself in the mirror. Chicks love that.

What are you doing to get the stares? Are you being a douchebag too?