Dealing with People Staring You Down?

Stare at them right back and risk getting into a verbal confrontation/fight, or just glance and walk away? Where I live there’s always morons who think their hardcore trying to stare you down, what do you guys normally do?? and am I pussy if I just glance at them and then stare right ahead as I walk by when this happens??

my question to you.

Who gives a shit?

You must challenge them to a pissing match. Loser gets lynched.

…wait on 2nd thought… DANCE OFF!

Bite into their throats and gorge yourself on their hot blood, then rip their testicles off, hold them above your head, and yell ‘DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT TO LOOK AT ME NOW?’

It’s what I do. So far it’s worked pretty well.

Nod your head at them, acknowlege them, maybe say “whats up?” in a friendly way. Smile. It shows confidence.
Confidant man, or scared, timid, “why are you staring at me”? rat.

Have your way with their woman, that will show em.

Smile and wave.

Blow them a kiss.

If your at a bar, find out his name. Then, tell the bartender to put your drinks on his tab.

If that fails, with your right foot, you will kick his face. With your left, you will kick his nose. With your fingers, you will poke his eyes out. Ask him to take a good look at your face.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Blow them a kiss.

If your at a bar, find out his name. Then, tell the bartender to put your drinks on his tab.

If that fails, with your right foot, you will kick his face. With your left, you will kick his nose. With your fingers, you will poke his eyes out. Ask him to take a good look at your face.[/quote]

Hahahaha, oh man, that was a good laugh, or I’m really tired.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Blow them a kiss.

/If your at a bar, find out his name. Then, tell the bartender to put your drinks on his tab./

Is that you SeaBass???

Happened to me at the weekend in a club.

Some drunk guy barged into my friend, I looked at him and shook my head. He went mental, squared up to me swearing (and slurring) and said “He knew who I was, and I shouldnt act like a big man”. I just stood there, listened to him go on and on and then said “Sorry, what?”. This pissed him off more than arguing back would have done. He just looked confused and slightly angry and walked off.

Had it got into it, I could have taken him anyway, but its hardly the point.

I was at a lecture yesterday with a bunch of people and I was eating a huge sandwich.

I glanced up from my sandwich and this tough looking guy was staring directly at me.

I got startled and looked away. I feel as if I failed some test.

I cant stand being stared at, more often than not I’ll ask them “Can I help you?” and that solves the problem.

For some reason this also reminds me of when some one calls you and the first thing out of their mouths it “Whos this?” My first response to this is, “Mother F@*%er you called me, who is this?” Then they hang up and I have a laugh.

I was walking home from work the other day, and there was an interracial couple walking towards me on the same side of the sidewalk.

I smiled and nodded politely as I passed them, just like I do with 90% of the people I make eye contact with on a daily basis, its just how I am.

Once they passed me the guys says to his girlfriend “yeah, he’s not gonna say shit, fucking faggot”

I just kept walking, I can’t imagine why he would have thought I was going to say something, i live in Cincinnati, so its not like I live in the middle of bum-fuck-no where, where you never see interracial couples.

I chalked it up to this guy must just be a dick and I’ll go on with my life.

I just look away. If staring someone down is what it takes for someone to feel manly then so be it. I have no interest in wasting my time with the hassle and consequences of sending some ‘tough guy’ to the hospital.

I guess it depends on your goals though. If you want a conflict, then go for it. Stare them back and let them know you are the alpha. Either way, Im sure it will make a great story.

Ive always found that the strongest man is not the one who needs to prove it, though. I highly doubt that anyone who randomly stares you down in a social setting is anything more than just an insecure punk.

Although one time I did stare down this 80 year old woman in Costco for a solid minute. Bitch stole my shopping cart while I was in deep thought choosing between fluke and tilapia. I just couldn’t prove it, though =(

This is something that actually really irks me. I tend to look away / avoid eye contact to defuse the situation, because I generally don’t have any reason to EVER stare at random dudes.

Now if it’s a chick staring me down, that’s a different story. I march right over, ask her in a loud voice “WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!” and then punch her lights out. They never stare after that, ha!

I usually nod, accompanied by a small smile… as if to say, “How’s it going?”

[quote]SSC wrote:
This is something that actually really irks me. I tend to look away / avoid eye contact to defuse the situation, because I generally don’t have any reason to EVER stare at random dudes.

Now if it’s a chick staring me down, that’s a different story. I march right over, ask her in a loud voice “WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!” and then punch her lights out. They never stare after that, ha![/quote]

LMAO!

It varies with me, I’ll mostly ignore them if it’s a guy or a girl, except I will look back to catch the girl staring at me a minute later and laugh at her - usually get’s them blushing.

I check to make sure my clothes are on correctly and I’m not exposing myself accidentally.