Dealing with Blisters

I play alot of ball and when I deadlift I get alot of nasty blisters. Is it a good idea for someone like me to use lifting gloves or something to prevent this? or should I suck it up build up by grip strength and the blisters will go away? The blisters can keep me from playing ball for a few days when I deadlift really heavy.

Use chalk. Once I started, the blisters went away. Plus, I haven’t torn a callous since.

Chalk is great if your gym allows it. Otherwise use gloves if you want. Ronnie Coleman uses gloves and straps.

Hate to repeat what everyone else says, but chalk is the way to go. If your gym doesn’t allow it, find another gym! Chalk will increase your lifts and make blisters a thing of the past.

If you do get a blister cut a small hole in it, drain, and fill it with a little bit of super glue. It will burn like hell for a few seconds but then the pain is completely gone and you are ready to deadlift again.

Look after your hands.

Trim the callouses - use a razor and just skim them, then throw the razor. Callouses are useless.

Use chalk.

[quote]supermick wrote:
Look after your hands.

Trim the callouses - use a razor and just skim them, then throw the razor. Callouses are useless.

Use chalk.[/quote]

Quoted for mostly truth.

You need a layer of calluses to prevent blisters. But if you let them get too large they’ll tear off and it’ll suck ass.

Keep them trimmed down but don’t cut your calluses all the way off.

And use chalk, it’s a life-saver.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I believe my gym does allow chalk and I will be trying that out for awhile to see how it goes.

You training for strength or bodybuilding? Really if you want to just bring up size or back and don’t care too much about grip strength straps are the way to go. You will be able to lift more weight, not to mention even some strength athletes use them also.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
supermick wrote:
Look after your hands.

Use chalk.

Quoted for mostly truth.

You need a layer of calluses to prevent blisters. But if you let them get too large they’ll tear off and it’ll suck ass.

Keep them trimmed down but don’t cut your calluses all the way off.

And use chalk, it’s a life-saver. [/quote]

I found that a pummace(sp?) stone used in the shower works well to keep mine trimmed down.