Deaf Native American Shot by Police

The guy was a woodcarver… he was walking from where he worked to where he lived with a piece of wood and a woodcarving knife.

Also it was a 3inch knife. In this state knife below 3.5inch are legal.

[quote]gregron wrote:

Bikes are just magnets for cops it seems. I’ve been pulled over several times on my bike for no reason. I haven’t gotten a ticket on it yet but have been pulled over a few times. My buddy has gotten two liscence plate obstruction tickets on his R1. I think that’s a pretty lam ticket. Seems like they can ticket you for any liscence plate that isn’t stock[/quote]

That was my first ticket on my bike EVER…and I’ve been riding seriously since 2003. This “cop” also laughed at me when I told him what I do for a living in a way that basically said I was a liar. I showed him my license (since I happened to have it on me) and he still gave me an expression like it was fake. I am not a fan of guys who act like this. I understand they have a job to do, but it is pretty damn clear he pulled me over because he likely expected I had no license or insurance.

That is not “protecting and serving”. That is being a jackass who is flaunting any power they think they have.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Oh man. Sad indeed.
I’m pretty sure the officer is feeling terrible guilt right now for his over-reaction and fatal mistake.

[/quote]

Really? I would think a man feeling guilt wouldn’t have pulled a deadly weapon on someone that easily.[/quote]

I didn’t say the asshole felt any remorse.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

I think they need to be “depowered”.[/quote]

It’s not they need to be “depowered” as much as there needs to be much more strict psychological testing procedures to see who’s “fit” to be in that position of power. As it is, the testing procedures are a joke.

And, I’m not trying to be funny or an ass but was that a deaf neighborhood? I know the article said the video was taken near a kind of halfway house for drinkers. I ask 'cause the blond girl walking by barely flinched when she heard the gunshots which were less than 20 feet away. That’s not a normal reaction.[/quote]

Cops now seem like the biggest gang syndicate in America. Always gotta be swinging their dick or something.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

I think they need to be “depowered”.[/quote]

It’s not they need to be “depowered” as much as there needs to be much more strict psychological testing procedures to see who’s “fit” to be in that position of power. As it is, the testing procedures are a joke.

And, I’m not trying to be funny or an ass but was that a deaf neighborhood? I know the article said the video was taken near a kind of halfway house for drinkers. I ask 'cause the blond girl walking by barely flinched when she heard the gunshots which were less than 20 feet away. That’s not a normal reaction.[/quote]

Cops now seem like the biggest gang syndicate in America. Always gotta be swinging their dick or something.[/quote]

Hey hey hey!

"Police said Williams advanced towards Birk when the officer spotted him sitting on a ledge with a knife and shouted three commands at him to drop it.

As eyewitnesses came forward with a different version of events police then said Williams was crossing an intersection with a knife and piece of wood in his hands, refused to drop the knife and advanced towards the officer."

This is becoming all to common and you have to begin to think that the only time we ever hear the truth is when it is forced out in some way( eyewitness, video etc. ) .

I’m thinking back to the Robert Dziekanski YVR incident were I believe the official story was changed 3 times and only out of necessity as the video came out. Without a doubt no one would have ever known the truth had they been able to maintain possession of that video.

I agree with PX and others - Why did the cop even exit the car in the first place? You see an old man hobbling across the street with a block of wood and a little baby knife so you get out and yell at him to drop the knife? Clearly just a man trying to bolster a frail little ego… Pathetic.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:
I agree with PX and others - Why did the cop even exit the car in the first place? You see an old man hobbling across the street with a block of wood and a little baby knife so you get out and yell at him to drop the knife? Clearly just a man trying to bolster a frail little ego… Pathetic. [/quote]

I have nothing but respect for the way our law enforcement officers put their lives on the line daily. But your statement seems to ring true. I wonder how many guys go into law enforcement because of a low self esteem. Maybe they struck out with girls, or just didn’t cut it socially.
We often hear of the loser nerd in high school eventually becoming a cop or at the least a security guard. The asshole cop in the vid seems to fit that description.

All the police I’ve had dealings with were wankers or even more bent than the people they were putting away. I don’t respect them at all.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:
All the police I’ve had dealings with were wankers or even more bent than the people they were putting away. I don’t respect them at all.[/quote]

x2

I’ve known of a few that were much dirtier than anyone they ever hauled in…fuck 'em. I have never met a decent one.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

All the police I’ve had dealings with were wankers or even more bent than the people they were putting away. I don’t respect them at all.[/quote]

x2

I’ve known of a few that were much dirtier than anyone they ever hauled in…fuck 'em. I have never met a decent one.[/quote]

When I was younger I got into trouble pretty often and as such have dealt with a ton of cops. I’ll say that I’ve met a few who were actually decent human beings who were wired perfectly for their jobs. But, I’ll agree that most seem like the kids who got beat on in grade school and instead of joining a boxing gym or something to gain self esteem they apply for the force and get equipped with a gun. The last thing anyone needs is a pissed off repressed loser with a God complex carrying a firearm.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

x2

I’ve known of a few that were much dirtier than anyone they ever hauled in…fuck 'em. I have never met a decent one.[/quote]

When I was younger I got into trouble pretty often and as such have dealt with a ton of cops. I’ll say that I’ve met a few who were actually decent human beings who were wired perfectly for their jobs. But, I’ll agree that most seem like the kids who got beat on in grade school and instead of joining a boxing gym or something to gain self esteem they apply for the force and get equipped with a gun. The last thing anyone needs is a pissed off repressed loser with a God complex carrying a firearm.[/quote]

yet that has become what we have the majority of the time

I agree with every word PX has said, and it makes me said to see this video as I’m trying to become a CPD officer.

One word. Murder.

Why is it the only place I see shit like this is in the T-Nation GAL forum? Why isn’t shit like this in the news headlines on national TV. Google deaf native american man killed by cops and you won’t see CNN , NBC or fox news in the top hits. A gay guy jumps off the GW bridge and I hear news stories every night about another gay kid getting “bullied” in high school on national TV like it’s an epidemic, but videos and stories like this are passed up. It’s a fuckin disgrace.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
Why is it the only place I see shit like this is in the T-Nation GAL forum? Why isn’t shit like this in the news headlines on national TV. Google deaf native american man killed by cops and you won’t see CNN , NBC or fox news in the top hits. A gay guy jumps off the GW bridge and I hear news stories every night about another gay kid getting “bullied” in high school on national TV like it’s an epidemic, but videos and stories like this are passed up. It’s a fuckin disgrace. [/quote]

Dude, no offense, but when was the last time you saw a nation wide amber alert for a black girl?

Mind you, they go missing too.

Our media still ignores or downplays minorities.

Havent Native Americans suffered enough?

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
Why is it the only place I see shit like this is in the T-Nation GAL forum? Why isn’t shit like this in the news headlines on national TV. Google deaf native american man killed by cops and you won’t see CNN , NBC or fox news in the top hits. A gay guy jumps off the GW bridge and I hear news stories every night about another gay kid getting “bullied” in high school on national TV like it’s an epidemic, but videos and stories like this are passed up. It’s a fuckin disgrace. [/quote]

Google pretty white girl syndrome.

[quote]gregron wrote:

Bikes are just magnets for cops it seems. I’ve been pulled over several times on my bike for no reason. I haven’t gotten a ticket on it yet but have been pulled over a few times. My buddy has gotten two liscence plate obstruction tickets on his R1. I think that’s a pretty lam ticket. Seems like they can ticket you for any liscence plate that isn’t stock[/quote]

That was my first ticket on my bike EVER…and I’ve been riding seriously since 2003. This “cop” also laughed at me when I told him what I do for a living in a way that basically said I was a liar. I showed him my license (since I happened to have it on me) and he still gave me an expression like it was fake. I am not a fan of guys who act like this. I understand they have a job to do, but it is pretty damn clear he pulled me over because he likely expected I had no license or insurance.

That is not “protecting and serving”. That is being a jackass who is flaunting any power they think they have.[/quote]

X you know he pulled you over because your a black man. Its bullshit but the truth.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

Dude, no offense, but when was the last time you saw a nation wide amber alert for a black girl?

Mind you, they go missing too.

Our media still ignores or downplays minorities.[/quote]

This is an area there is a lot of room for improvement. I’m so f-ing sick of Natalie Holloway, Amanda Knox crap. They continue putting it on the front page even when it isn’t aiding anyone.

What do you think would have happened if Natalie was a black girl?