Deads and Back Pump

When I deadlift I don’t “feel” it in my lower/middle back during the lift, however after I let go of the weight I notice my lower/middle back is pumped hard and relaxes (while it is saying thank god that’s over). Anyone else get that huge pump/relief feeling at the end of the set? My main concern is that it indicates a fault in my form. I believe, and others confirm, that my form seems ok.
thanks.

Obviously the most important thing is getting the form right.

Similar to what you describe, if I do max effort rack pulls, when I put the bar down and the weight I’m holding suddenly drops to zero, I’ll feel it pretty intensly in the upper mid back for a couple seconds.

As for the lower back, I’m not sure how to describe it. It feels like it could be a pump, fatigue or tightness. Again, similar though. I feel like I’m walking funny when I go get some water after some near max efforts.

Not sure if that is what you are describing or not.

I get the same feeling in the lower back on stiff leg deadlifts, but I find the most enjoyable aspect of doing any version of the deadlift is the DOMS across the upper back/shoulder girdle the next day.

I may be completely wrong in my assessment, but I feel that if I get that sensation then I’ve managed to maintain propoer form (but I await posts saying that it means I have been doing it wrong all these years).

sounds very similar to myself. I had mentioned it to another person who deads and said they never feel anything.

I never worried about it, I actually like the feeling, but better safe than sorry so I asked.

[quote]David Murtagh wrote:
I get the same feeling in the lower back on stiff leg deadlifts, but I find the most enjoyable aspect of doing any version of the deadlift is the DOMS across the upper back/shoulder girdle the next day.
[/quote]

heh… . thats exactly how Im feeling today… . last time I did deads it was my obliques and lower abs that were feeling sore… . so obviously as Ive added more weight other muscle groups have had to get up to speed. …