Deadlifts vs Shrugs

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]vali wrote:
If you are really concerned about your trap development, do deadlifts, shrugs, high pulls, and power cleans.[/quote]

…Or just shrugs.

LOL[/quote]
Haha but that wouldnt be as fun now would it?

[quote]vali wrote:

[quote]vali wrote:
If you are really concerned about your trap development, do deadlifts, shrugs, high pulls, and power cleans.[/quote]

…Or just shrugs.

LOL[/quote]
[/quote]

I have my PS3 for entertainment. I go to the gym to make progress.

[quote]BootScootBoogy wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

Oh and lean forward a little too[/quote]
Otherwise you might hurt your penis.[/quote]

Real men detach their cocks and leave them in a woman while they train

Get your shit together houstonguy[/quote]
No way dude, real men make women train for them while splitting their guts open.
[/quote]

Women don’t have guts you fool. They have no use for them as they don’t eat or poo.

[quote]vali wrote:

[quote]vali wrote:

…Or just shrugs.

LOL[/quote]
[/quote]

I have my PS3 for entertainment. I go to the gym to make progress.[/quote]

You sayin you don’t have a favorite lift that you look forward to?

[quote]vali wrote:

[quote]vali wrote:

…Or just shrugs.

LOL[/quote]
[/quote]

I have my PS3 for entertainment. I go to the gym to make progress.[/quote]

This should be on a t-shirt LOL

Oh and lean forward a little too[/quote]
Otherwise you might hurt your penis.[/quote]

Real men detach their cocks and leave them in a woman while they train

Get your shit together houstonguy[/quote]
No way dude, real men make women train for them while splitting their guts open.
[/quote]

Women don’t have guts you fool. They have no use for them as they don’t eat or poo.[/quote]
Real women eat spunk all day and only lie about poo.

Truth be told I actually don’t know HOW to do shrugs. When I do them I just get tired but don’t feel anything in my traps. Will try out Rocks suggestion soon.

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
Truth be told I actually don’t know HOW to do shrugs. When I do them I just get tired but don’t feel anything in my traps. Will try out Rocks suggestion soon. [/quote]

I hate barbell shrugs personally

I like trap bar shrugs

Try those

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
Truth be told I actually don’t know HOW to do shrugs. When I do them I just get tired but don’t feel anything in my traps. Will try out Rocks suggestion soon. [/quote]

Rock was joking. The form in executing shrugs is NOT as he described. You’re heading for injury if you follow his advice.

Proper shrug form is simple. Pull shoulders up toward your ears in a straight line against gravity. Hold for a moment at the top (if you can) and lower until you feel the pull of the stretch at the bottom. A slight lean forward is fine as long as you pull against gravity. NO chin tucking! Maintain a neutral head position at all times without tucking or moving the head. NO pulling shoulder BACK once at the top.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

Rock was joking. The form in executing shrugs is NOT as he described. You’re heading for injury if you follow his advice.

Proper shrug form is simple. Pull shoulders up toward your ears in a straight line against gravity. Hold for a moment at the top (if you can) and lower until you feel the pull of the stretch at the bottom. A slight lean forward is fine as long as you pull against gravity. NO chin tucking! Maintain a neutral head position at all times without tucking or moving the head. NO pulling shoulder BACK once at the top. [/quote]

I wasn’t joking. I shrug like that to get some mid and low trap work. That’s why I lean forward too. It kinda mimics an incline shrug.