Deadlifts on Leg or Back Day?

I want to incorporate deadlifts into my lifting but am not sure which day it would be most beneficial on.

lifting week goes like this:

Mon - chest, abs
Tue - biceps, forearms
Wed - legs, abs
Thu - triceps, shoulders
Fri - back, abs

Do cardio Mon, Tue, Thu and Fri

Thanks

Friday

[quote]T-Rav wrote:
Friday[/quote]

+1, but it depends on how they hit YOUR muscles.

Leg days would be better.

[quote]Arnoldrocks wrote:
Leg days would be better.[/quote]

x2.

I feel it more in my legs so that’s the day I normally include it on.

2 & 2…decision, decisions…

Maybe I’ll try it this Friday and then again next Wednesday and see which one I like best…not sure I have enough energy left on leg day.

[quote]ProgMtl wrote:
2 & 2…decision, decisions…

Maybe I’ll try it this Friday and then again next Wednesday and see which one I like best…not sure I have enough energy left on leg day.[/quote]

Well, seriously, where do you feel them? I can’t get leg activation from deadlifts when I ACTIVELY try to. It hits everyone differently. Listen to your body before you listen to we internet geniuses.

I will find out where I feel them most…don’t currently do them…thus the help asked for by you internet geniuses…

Ah, sorry - for some reason I blanked that you hadn’t done them. Apparently I’m a bit slow today.

In that case, do you know if you’re posterior or anterior dominant? More often than not, that can play a factor in determining how your deadlift form is dictated.

Have done them before but never with any consistency…I hear so much good about them that I figure I need to include them for a complete workout.

Day b4 Thanksgiving is a good day to be slow…IMO

I can see both. I always squat on legs day and add in other movements for finishing work. So I would vote putting them on back day. I have tried to squat and dead on the same day before. Whichever lift came last suffered for it. Maybe a leg day of isolations or less strenuous work would work though. Either way you will benefit greatly from the king of lifts. Good luck.

if you are squating on leg day…then back day

if you aren’t squating on leg day…then leg day

don’t overload your lower back with squating and deading on the same day

If you plan on going heavy, it’s a no brainer to put deads on Friday.

Yeah…I seriously doubt I could do heavy deads after doing heavy squats

Do your hips bend when the weight is on the floor and at what you call the top the hips are slightly extended?

If that is the case, I would place the exercise on the day that you would do exercises that extend the hips.
The lats, incidentally have no lower body attachment.
The way you have it grouped though, you’ll have 48 hours rest so the hip extensors could handle some work.

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:

don’t overload your lower back with squating and deading on the same day[/quote]

I would go with this for deciding which day.

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:

don’t overload your lower back with squating and deading on the same day[/quote]

i second/third this motion

I try to always squat on leg day…even if I’m not feeling well…will just go lighter and skip some other stuff.

[quote]tg2hbk4488 wrote:

x2
i do DL and squats on same day currently and thats the first thing I’m changing when i reshuffly my split.
way too much lower back/glutes for me.

you should be able to do squats and deads on the same day (unless maybe you’re maxing out). If your goal is hypertrophy then I don’t see the problem.