Deadlifts Give Me Headaches

First time poster. I’m well over 35 - actually soon to be 57, but still love to workout.

I find that if I’ve had a hard workout (in particular if I’ve DL’d) that day I will usually wake up that night with a headache. I try to make sure I’m drinking a lot of water so that I’m not dehydrated, and also down fish oil and protein powder but I still usually get headaches in the middle of the night or the next morning.

Do I need to cut back - is this related to the frying of the CNS people talk about? Not sure how long I’ve had this, but I haven’t always been DL’g.

Anyone else have this?

Is this a new type of headache for you? Is it getting progressively worse? Any family history of heart disease, high blood pressure, or cancer? Any change in vision, appetite or weight?

I don’t mean to sound paranoid, but someone your age waking up with headaches makes a little alarm go off in my head.

Yeah, age is definately a factor. Describe the headache in as much detail as you can, use describtive words as well as a detailed location.

Anything else trigger headaches? Ever have them during the day? Any other pain? Or any symptoms that persist, dizzyness, diarreah, nausea, blurred vision, numbness? Anything at all?

Do you grind your teeth? I sometimes get headaches because I am grinding my teeth and clinching. It could also be from just popping blood vessels and such.

any risk factors for CVD? Intense exercise such as deadlifts especially if your using breathing techniques such as the valsalva maneuver send your blood pressure through the roof. Much like grrrsauce said I would be careful

You said hard workout on deadlifts. Hmmm, do you yell/scream/shout when you DL? - that might be causing your headache.