deadlifts fucking up my shins!

I am having a problem with deadlifts fucking up my shins.Its getting so bad that my shins are gushing with blood at the end of my workouts and its taking myfocus off my lift.Any suggestions?

Wearing sweatpants or trac pants helped me.

By the way my fruity ass gym doesnt have the olympic bar with a notch in it so that isnt an option.

Wear long pants

Umm, I don’t know, maybe don’t let it smash against your shins?

You’re doing them right. Suck it up, tough guy!

get shin guards like they have in soccer, :slight_smile: laters pk

Um… don’t scrape your shins with the bar? Seriously, I’m usually so sweaty by the time I am doing deads that the bar slides on my legs anyway. My gym has bars that are smooth in the center, and that’s the part that hits my legs. (I steal them off the bench press station)

wipe down the bar with bleach after your DLs.

Try putting some athletic tape on your shins or on the bar. Otherwise i use sweat pants or long socks

I use a trap bar which gives me better form and you don’t scrape your shins. Ask your gym to spend a couple of bucks and purchase one.

dog i was having the same exact problem. i tried socks. didnt work. tried sweat pants. tore my pants. tried atheletic tape. didnt stick due to sweat. heres what works. i have a couple buddies who play football at my univ. asked them to get me the tape that you see guys wearing on their elbows when they play on turf. it sticks great, the bar just slides up and down it, and no more bleeding. ask your football buddies to hook you up.

Dont drag the bar against your shins? No, you are doing them right if your draging the bar against your shins. its a badge of honor to have scars on your shins from deadlifting in powerlifting and even Olyimpic lifting, but wear long socks and/or sweat pants if its killing you man. but make sure you still pull the bar in to your shins.

The same thing happens to me and everyone else who does them right. I am usually so focused and have so much intensity during the lift that I dont even feel it.

By the way, if I see you wearing shin gaurds while deadlifting I’m gonna kick your ass!!

O.k. I know your suppose to bleed on deads and I am used to it. Here is the deal all the other gyms I have been to had bars with to separate smooth spots where I could place my shins with a litte bit of the cheese grater catching my shins.Well the new gym I go to only has a smooth spot in the middle giving the full cheese grater effect.

I just read your poetry in motion on dumbell deads. I was wondering if substantial gains can be made doing these because I have been having problems with my barbell deads and they have made the overall difference in my back development.

try standing w/ your feet pointed more @ a wide (when i say wide, i mean a little past your shoulder level) 45 degree angle, and try using a in between your knees grip instead of a outer grip w/ this stance.i’m no pro, but it always works for me, and the guys i workout w/. good luck, cheers

get a long, thick sock, cut the ‘foot’ out of it. pull it up over your shins and roll up so its about 2- 3 layers thick.

I cant believe no one has mentioned baby powder yet, guess no pwlfters here. Itll cause less friction and it coagulates the blood a little.