Deadlifts and Squats on Leg Day?

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

Every time I squat I deadlift, every time I deadlift I squat.

Always do them on the same day, if it’s deadlift day I do “lighter” squats afterward, if it’s squat day I do “lighter” deadliftes afterward.[/quote]

This is what I do as well. [/quote]

I love how we are the same person except you squat more and I bench a little more <3[/quote]

Aww we are : )

I agree with the other posts. Although I split my leg workout 2x a week having a quad dominant where I’ll start with heavy squats and finish off with lighter deads, then my hamstring dominant where I’ll start my workout with heavy deads and finish with lighter squats. I also space out my back workout atleast 2 days apart from my hamstring day.

[quote]Jab1 wrote:
Thib’s latest programme High Performance Mass calls not only for deads and squats variations on the same day… But also doing 2 of those days back to back. I had my second day today and it was fine but obviously I am not using weight anywhere near my max. It can be done, just be careful not to burn yourself out.[/quote]

in addition to what jab said, both bill stars 5x5 for intermediates and the texas method have squats bench and deads on the same day. don’t be scared, remember it’s not about how much weight you can lift anyways.

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

Always do them on the same day, if it’s deadlift day I do “lighter” squats afterward, if it’s squat day I do “lighter” deadliftes afterward.[/quote]

This is what I do as well. [/quote]

^^^This

Try to select squat/deadlift variations that compliment each other.

I usually pair an anterior dominant squat variation with a posterior dominant deadlift variation or posterior dominant squat variation with an anterior dominant deadlift variation. 

I DO NOT superset these. They are the first 2 exercises of the workout.

A few examples...

a. sumo-deadlift... anterior/greater ham and glute activation 
      b. front squat.... posterior/greater quad activation 

a. back squat..... IMO equal anterior/posterior activation 
      b. romanian deadlift... anterior/ greater ham and glute activation 

a. conventional deadlift...IMO equal anterior/posterior activation 
      b. bulgarian split squats..anterior/ greater quad activation ( good finisher) 

a. trap-bar deadlift...anterior/ greater quad activation 
      b. single leg RDL......posterior/ greater ham and glute activation

Wanted to add that I also bench press every time I squat and deadlift too.[/quote]

Oh no!! How do you EVER recover from that “Total-Body Onslaught”??

Wanted to add that I also bench press every time I squat and deadlift too.[/quote]

Oh no!! How do you EVER recover from that “Total-Body Onslaught”??

[quote]Proud_Virgin wrote:

Oh no!! How do you EVER recover from that “Total-Body Onslaught”??[/quote]

protein shakes and creatine