Deadlifts and My Tiny Waist

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
Well it doesn’t look so small on my frame, guys. I’m 5’2". That’s a TINY person. Lol seriously!

Seriously wtf…that is NOT something I would want. You know how many women wouldn’t get naked around you just because your waist is even smaller than theirs? That’s not a problem I want!

Well, oh well? What can I do? I would look funny with a 29" waist because of how tiny I am all around. And I shoot for girls around my height anyway… it’s really not a problem. lol

btw… 25" in the mornings… no food in my belly. It gets up to 26" if I eat enough! lol. I’m floating around 8-10% bodyfat too so I could make it smaller if I wanted to… especially considering my waistline is where most of my fat displacess (espec lower back)[/quote]

If you’re 5’2" and lean ignore everything they just said. That’s a lot more normal then on a 5’7"+ guy.

[quote]rondastarr wrote:
I deadlift and my waist is smaller then yours, …and I’m a girl. Deadlifting won’t hurt your figure I promise :p[/quote]

Word

I think you would only have to worry about deads giving you a “wide” waist if you (a) gained 100 pounds and/or (b) started deadlifting around 300-400 more pounds than you are currently. Seeing as how neither of those things are likely to occur instantaneously, I wouldn’t worry about it and pull away.

In any case, deads will give you a thick upper back and a wider, thicker back in general. Work on your lats and shoulders in addition and presto change-o; you have an impressive V-taper along with a still small waist.

Thanks all for the input I will man up and deadlift like there’s no tomorrow.

P.S. where is the proper place to measure hips and where is the proper place to measure waist?

[quote]spinach wrote:
[/quote]

Sounds like a great idea.

[quote]spinach wrote:

P.S. where is the proper place to measure hips and where is the proper place to measure waist?[/quote]

waist - around the belly button
hips - around the largest part of your ass.

but i don’t think it matters where as long as it’s measured at the same place every time.

Interesting study I found:
http://cejsh.icm.edu.pl/cejsh/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?05PLAAAA0028676

“The results of the experiment left no doubt that the attractiveness of a male figure was dependent primarily on the shoulders-to-hip ratio (SHR) and not on a WHR value. No matter what weights and WHR values of the judged figures were, in the light of the women’s assessments the male figures with clearly broader shoulders than hips appeared to be much more attractive compared with the ones characterized by the closeness of these two sizes. The pattern of the obtained results suggests that it is SHR and not WHR which is a phenotype sign of a men’s health, the deciding factor in his attractiveness related to the sexual selection process.”

derailing my own thread

If you’re worried about hip growth, remember that Flex Wheeler probably never let a heavy weight put any stress on his weight.

He’d only do Leg Press.

He did SLDLs with less than 100 pounds.

He’s arguably the best Bodybuilder to not win a Sandow.

So if you’re that concerned with waist size increase, then you could stick to just Hack Squats, Close-Stance Smith Machine Squats, lots of Unilateral Leg Work, and Mostly Leg Curls for Hamstrings.

Or you could just man up and make everything bigger to match the slight size gain in your waist from lifting like a man.

simple
deadlifts = mass gains

you can also do deads on a smith-machine takes off some of the pressure.

if u want to grow then do them, but only if you want to grow.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
If you’re worried about hip growth, remember that Flex Wheeler probably never let a heavy weight put any stress on his weight.

He’d only do Leg Press.

He did SLDLs with less than 100 pounds.

He’s arguably the best Bodybuilder to not win a Sandow.

So if you’re that concerned with waist size increase, then you could stick to just Hack Squats, Close-Stance Smith Machine Squats, lots of Unilateral Leg Work, and Mostly Leg Curls for Hamstrings.

Or you could just man up and make everything bigger to match the slight size gain in your waist from lifting like a man. [/quote]

Man, you can’t compare a regular trainer with Flex. He’s a mutant and he’d grow no matter what he used.

[quote]spinach wrote:
Interesting study I found:
http://cejsh.icm.edu.pl/cejsh/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?05PLAAAA0028676

“The results of the experiment left no doubt that the attractiveness of a male figure was dependent primarily on the shoulders-to-hip ratio (SHR) and not on a WHR value. No matter what weights and WHR values of the judged figures were, in the light of the women’s assessments the male figures with clearly broader shoulders than hips appeared to be much more attractive compared with the ones characterized by the closeness of these two sizes. The pattern of the obtained results suggests that it is SHR and not WHR which is a phenotype sign of a men’s health, the deciding factor in his attractiveness related to the sexual selection process.”

derailing my own thread[/quote]

Well thats defiantly correct, everyone knows on guys its mainly shoulder to hip (or waist even) because that symbolizes a healthy and strong male.