Deadlifting - Who Swiches Grip?

I started switching dominant hands when using mixed grip a couple years ago, not necessarily to prevent imbalances but just to ensure my grip strength stayed similar in both hands (didn’t like how unnatural a left over-right under grip felt). Can’t complain, I could pull a 1RM with either combination now.

By definition you could pull a 1RM with either combination before. (the two may not have been the same though!)

I’ve never switched grip, mainly because I can’t get the ‘opposite position’ due to bone issues in my elbow (can’t supinate the right hand past ~95-100degrees)

dont pull with straps in training. The guys with big deadlifts that use straps in warmups do so because they are saving their grip strength for a competition.
I always use the most comfortable grip while training, to keep things consistent. warmups get a double overhand grip. Shrugs I will switch the grip to prevent any potential imbalence.

I use mixed hook grip on heavy deads… Got some grip issues.

And hands of an infant.

[quote]elih8er wrote:

[quote]brauny96 wrote:
I dont switch grips, Its not comfortable.[/quote]
What do you think that tells you?..[/quote]

That I need to switch grips lol.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
All of my lighter sets (up to 405) are done double overhand with a hook grip.[/quote]

Out of curiosity were you always able to pull up to 405 with double overhand? I’m asking because I’ve recently had to start mixing my grip since I can’t seem to pull anything over 315 with double overhand. Also, I only use hook grip when cleaning since seems to hurt my thumbs a lot. Do you think I should incorporate it into my deadlifting?

Insane numbers btw.

For a long time I could pull more than I could hold. I improved my grip by using double over hand grip and doing hang cleans. I also alternated mixed grip for heavy sets. Now I can hold more than i could lift. Oh yeah, use chalk if you don’t.