Deadlifting Too Loud?!

[quote]
Maybe I was loud, I’m there to train, if that bothers the treadmill folks and management, I really don’t give a fuck.[/quote]

Respect goes both ways but I doubt you will get any from these guys anyway.

The other day I attempted a new PR in the squat. I ended up leaving it on the safety bars, turned around and everyone was looking at me with an amused look. Feeling embarrassed, I asked the guys I was training with if everyone was smirking because I failed the lift?

One of them said “No, it’s because just before you gave up you yelled ‘fuuuuccccckkkkk!’ at the top of your lungs”

Seriously, I didn’t mean to do that in a gym full of older people maintaining their mobility and young girls “toning”, but it’s pretty cool that no-one got upset about it, they just laughed.

[quote]Charlemagne wrote:
Maybe I was loud, I’m there to train, if that bothers the treadmill folks and management, I really don’t give a fuck. I plan on renting some space and setting up a key gym anyway. Like this guy…

[/quote]

It would be a dream come true for most guys to have a homegym like Matt’s.

I dont like it when people grunt, grunting and screaming is for 1 rep maxes. Not sets of 15 deadlifts.

I’ve never got any complaints but I don’t act like a dick either-I have worked at college gym, and commercial gyms-. I see some people who deadlift and want the whole world to know they are, these people are annoying. When your purposely making too much noise and distracting others your going to get shit for it.

Your not cool just because you bounce 400lbs with some straps off the rubber floor.

My gym has a cool setup. All of the treadmills, ergometers, ellipticals, balls and machines are on the ground floor.

The basement has power cages, heavy dbs, benches, hyperextensions, glute-ham raises and dipping bars. It’s a very small room though.

The radio is always loud so you can make as much noise as you want.

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
Deadlifting 405 x 15 is impressive buy why so high?

Why not 495 x 8 or 585 x 3?

Were you grunting and screaming like a f’mad man?

Is you nickname Meat? Do you wear genie pants and sweaters that say ‘Huge by Choice’?

C’mon dude, doesn’t the sport have it’s share of image problems already? I may only be able to do 405 x 10, but nobody complains since I don’t go balistic and am able to put the weight down without drawing too much attention.

Respect the world and the world will respect you.

In the mean time: How to Lower The Bar Correctly on Deadlifts
tronglifts.com/how-to-lower-the-bar-correctly-on-deadlifts/

[/quote]

I’m guessing you’ve never evn heard of Doggcrapp training have you? or a widowmaker set…

well I slam shit…throw stuff and drop big weight on my deads all the time…but like one of the posters above me said…I am very friendly and approachhable and I help people when I can so no one minds…but they do point and stare lol

[quote]shizen wrote:
I’ve never got any complaints but I don’t act like a dick either-I have worked at college gym, and commercial gyms-. I see some people who deadlift and want the whole world to know they are, these people are annoying. When your purposely making too much noise and distracting others your going to get shit for it.

Your not cool just because you bounce 400lbs with some straps off the rubber floor. [/quote]

No asshole, just a belt and some chalk. Tell you what, go ahead and do some heavy deadlifts till it feels like your guts are about to spill out and tell me how quiet you are. You’ve probably never trained hard a day in your life. That’s why I need to go to a key gym, to train with people who are there to get bigger and stronger, not talk and run on treadmills.

[quote]Charlemagne wrote:
shizen wrote:

Your not cool just because you bounce 400lbs with some straps off the rubber floor.

No asshole, just a belt and some chalk. Tell you what, go ahead and do some heavy deadlifts till it feels like your guts are about to spill out and tell me how quiet you are. You’ve probably never trained hard a day in your life. That’s why I need to go to a key gym, to train with people who are there to get bigger and stronger, not talk and run on treadmills. [/quote]

This elitist attitude is exactly whats makes you look like a dick to everyone you train with, its not going to change when you change gyms. Oh big deal you move some mediocre weight around yet you feel like you ‘have’ too scream and holler to make yourself look awesome. No one cares what your doing, be a little more friendly and people wont come up to you and ask you to stop being such a dick. Its a gym people will make noise, if they realize your a good guy just training hard they will NOT bother you.

Even when they come up to you if your nice about it the first time, instead of like ‘fuck you I can be an asshole if I want to I can deadlift 400lbs woo’ they might not care so much.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Charlemagne wrote:
shizen wrote:

No asshole, just a belt and some chalk. Tell you what, go ahead and do some heavy deadlifts till it feels like your guts are about to spill out and tell me how quiet you are. You’ve probably never trained hard a day in your life. That’s why I need to go to a key gym, to train with people who are there to get bigger and stronger, not talk and run on treadmills.

This elitist attitude is exactly whats makes you look like a dick to everyone you train with, its not going to change when you change gyms. Oh big deal you move some mediocre weight around yet you feel like you ‘have’ too scream and holler to make yourself look awesome. No one cares what your doing, be a little more friendly and people wont come up to you and ask you to stop being such a dick. Its a gym people will make noise, if they realize your a good guy just training hard they will NOT bother you.

Even when they come up to you if your nice about it the first time, instead of like ‘fuck you I can be an asshole if I want to I can deadlift 400lbs woo’ they might not care so much. [/quote]

True, I can pull 400+ raw , cold, and quiet as a mouse. And i doubt I really make that much noise with a 600 pound attempt, other than the fuck when I just missed it the last two times. Fuck.

Deadlift with bumper plates or put little pads under the weights.