Deadlifting Suit, Raw Carryover?

My hips have been feeling some strain lately. Do any of you guys use a suit to help with raw training? A bit like wearing a belt for your back can allow you use more weight and have carryover for when you don’t use a belt.

I wouldn’t mind getting a nice powerlifting bar to lift with and using a suit and belt just to see what I can lift. We have crap stiff bars in my gym.

I’ve only used a suit a few times, and it was never to very heavy poundages, more to just get a feel for it. That said, even great deadlift suits only get about 50lbs out of them, and they feel like they’re going to rip your groin in half, so there’s that.

I don’t think you’ll harm your raw pull much by pulling in a suit.

How much you can get out of a deadlift suit depends upon whether you pull sumo or conventional. I pulled 365 sumo in a suit long before I pulled 300 raw.

Having said that, I did a Coan-Phillipi deadlift cycle in suit bottoms only. The result was pulling 315 raw/beltless for the first time ever when my previous raw max was 285. It could have just been a deadlift growth spurt. Regardless, my raw max went up after extended training in suit bottoms.

Give it a go.

Carryover will be different for everyone. I know guys who get 30, I know guys who get nothing. Personally I got 100 from my Titan Super Centurion, which can be used for squat or deadlift. I outgrew it and have recently gotten a Titan Velocity, which is deadlift specific. Amazing suit and more comfortable than the Centurion. Once I get used to the feel, I will get at least 100 from it too.

[quote]Antman517 wrote:
Carryover will be different for everyone. I know guys who get 30, I know guys who get nothing. Personally I got 100 from my Titan Super Centurion, which can be used for squat or deadlift. I outgrew it and have recently gotten a Titan Velocity, which is deadlift specific. Amazing suit and more comfortable than the Centurion. Once I get used to the feel, I will get at least 100 from it too. [/quote]

I have a velocity as well and never liked it as much as the super centurian. It doesn’t have the stiffness in the hips. Other people swear by it.