Deadlifting Pain

When I Deadlift, I get this progressive, burning pain in the area by the Pelvis, by the waist on both sides. It just doesn’t feel like a muscle pain somehow and I want to be sure that I’m not hurting myself. It almost feels like my pants are rubbing against the area really fast and giving me an Indian Burn type thing.

Does anybody know what this is?
Thanks

I would see a doctor. My GUESS* would be a hernia. Like I said, see a professional.

I deadlifted for the fourth time, I think, yesterday and had the pain. The pain started a little bit the time before yesterday and was a bit worse yesterday.

I’m going to try to cut my weight a bit, make sure that my form is good, and progress slower. I jumped from 135lbs to 205lbs in only a few workouts, so that could be bad.

It’s weird because in any other exercise, you can either lift the weight or you can’t. In the deadlift, you need to watch your form and make sure that you’re lifting the weight properly.

When people say that you’re not supposed to round your back when deadlifting, what exactly do they mean? When I deadlift, my lower back is arched up, but my shoulders are kind of pulled forward because I can’t really keep my back shrugged back with that much weight.

The Spinal Erectors are obviously stronger than the Rhomboids. At the top, I pull my shoulders back. I keep my face looking forward the entire time. Am I doing it right?

If Your DLing conventional, your shoulder blades should be pushed together. Dont ever let your form suffer for that few extra pounds.Just git-er-done right! :smiley: But see a doctor bout that

Can somebody link a video of a perfect deadlift instruction please? I don’t see how I can keep my shoulder blades pushed together, especially since I do deads after chins and rows.

[quote]Artem wrote:
Can somebody link a video of a perfect deadlift instruction please? I don’t see how I can keep my shoulder blades pushed together, especially since I do deads after chins and rows.[/quote]

That might be your problem. Try doing deads first. Is it barbell rows or another kind of row?

I do 2 sets of palms away chins, 2 sets of palms in chins, 3 sets of seated cable straight bar rows, 3 sets of seated cable T-bar rows, and then my deads.

[quote]Artem wrote:
I do 2 sets of palms away chins, 2 sets of palms in chins, 3 sets of seated cable straight bar rows, 3 sets of seated cable T-bar rows, and then my deads.[/quote]

Maybe try doing deads before them. It should not effect your rows and chins (maybe a little loss in grip for chins), and your upper back and shoulders will be fresh.

[quote]Artem wrote:
Can somebody link a video of a perfect deadlift instruction please? I don’t see how I can keep my shoulder blades pushed together, especially since I do deads after chins and rows.[/quote]

go to the search button and type “Mastering the deadlift” these articiles have everything you need to know about deadlifting which include helpful pics and videos. Read all 3 parts and take every word to heart.