T Nation

Deadlifting Newbie Gains

Well it’s been 7 months or so since I began.

Can’t say there’s much progress in muscles on arms or front, but there is some in shoulders and back. Makes sense since I love working my back.

I don’t have a pre, but I was just fat back then, and nothing to see, that’s my whackass reason for not keeping that pic.

Think I can train myself to walk backwards like that at the swimming halls and beaches ?

If you have to share a bathroom stall with your buddy because all of the other ones are full, is it considered gay to cross streams, or should you keep to one side of the bowl?

My phone has a camera timer, and no affinity to either method of sharing a toilet. But Egon says you shouldn’t cross streams. It’s so gay it might end the universe.

[quote]nanobyte wrote:
Can’t say there’s much progress in muscles on arms or front, but there is some in shoulders and back.[/quote]
No way to tell about the shoulders, you can’t see them at all here. Your arms look dislocated in the pic, and the posture’s just weird.

Was there any specific point to this picture?

Umm… … … congrats?? I think??

Do you want advice on how to improve your “front and arms” or an opinion on how to (further) increase your back?

Colucci: You make an excellent point. There is no point to my thread.

I suppose it’s just that I’ve been experiencing sloww process compared to the effort I’ve put in. Not much noticable muscle. But I don’t see my back that often.

Some kind of hyposelfesteem surge dulled the perception and led to a momentary lapse in judgment.

But since I promised shoulders, I’ll post two pics, one taken in june and one taken just the other day.

Me as a fat sumbitch in june 2006. Waist: 112cm, BF% unknown (I thought at the time it was just over 20%). And weight 237lbs.

Me as a leaner sumbitch, january 2007. Waist: 99cm, BF: 21.8%, Weight: 224lbs.

Bonus pic.

Great of you for putting the pictures up, man. I hope I didn’t sound like a dick in that other post, this thread just kinda came outta the blue.

I think you can see a difference in your waist and moobs, but for 7 months work, I’d definitely stick with the plan. (What exactly is the plan, again?)

Plan now is 8-10% BF and then bulking clean until I’m 40 years old.

I just don’t ever want to have lovehandles again. Moobs I can handle, that stuff comes on and off in a matter of weeks. But putting a dent in these love handles is like breaking bulletproof glass with a plastic spoon.

I invested hard earned cash in Precision Nutrition. I’m certain having a no-nonsense guide to nutrition and a specific plan will help my goals way more than my own “detective work”.

[quote]nanobyte wrote:
Bonus pic.[/quote]

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
BOOOOOOOOONNNUUUUUUUSSSS!!!
WOO!

was that a little gay? meh, oh well

seriously though, what about the deadlift?
the title of this article caught my attention, but i don’t see the deadlift stats

Deadlift at the time of the first pic, 5RM was 220lbs, now 5RM is 320lbs. 3RM is now 352lbs. I never try for singles.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
nanobyte wrote:
Bonus pic.

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
BOOOOOOOOONNNUUUUUUUSSSS!!!
WOO!

was that a little gay? meh, oh well[/quote]

Slightly gay, yes.