Deadlifting Anomaly?

I just finished the last day of ABBH part 1 yesterday. The big lift is 10x5 heavy deads. So today, I am sore, but not where I expect to be. My shoulders, forearms, and lower back are sore, but not my legs. So, I should say its not a bad sore - probably will feel fine tomorrow but its troubling that the main muscle group targeted is not sore.

So, I should probably be using more weight to work the legs better, but do any of you experience similar soreness after deads?

[quote]smk67 wrote:
I just finished the last day of ABBH part 1 yesterday. The big lift is 10x5 heavy deads. So today, I am sore, but not where I expect to be. My shoulders, forearms, and lower back are sore, but not my legs. So, I should say its not a bad sore - probably will feel fine tomorrow but its troubling that the main muscle group targeted is not sore.

So, I should probably be using more weight to work the legs better, but do any of you experience similar soreness after deads?[/quote]

Heavy Deads target the lower back, grip, and shoulders so you are feeling it in the right places. Stiff-legged deads target the hams and glutes more