Deadlifting and the Bathroom

This is actually quite literal. I’ve been lurking around the boards for a while, but I have an important question. Today, I go in, amped up for a backday, and I get up to 335 on deads, my normal 5-rep working weight (if not a bit more.) Well, after one or two reps, it feels like I’m about to shit all over the floor. Not good, so I stop after three reps. The rest of the day was totally screwed up because it feels like I have to go drop some friends off at the pool.

The only thing is — I this morning AND right before my workout. This is also NOT this first time I’ve experienced this. In fact, it’s happened almost any time I’ve gone heavy on my deads, so I’m thinking about taking laxitives the day before I dead so I’m clean. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I don’t know dude. Maybe you have a loose sphincter muscle?

note: I’m not trying to be funny either, this is an UNeducated guess

[quote]SSC wrote:
I’m thinking about taking laxitives the day before I dead so I’m clean. Anyone have any thoughts on this?[/quote]

or, you DL several hundred pounds, then your anal volcano kicks in and you squirt all over the gym. I’d rather have a pain all day than be the guy who squirted his waste on everything.

A few years back when I was working on DL’s and squats, I got a Hemorrhoid. The doctor asked me if I was doing heavy lifting, and said that it probably played a factor.

I’m using about the same weight now as I was back then on the lifts, but my form and technique are much better.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
I don’t know dude. Maybe you have a loose sphincter muscle?

note: I’m not trying to be funny either, this is an UNeducated guess[/quote]

I used to have one too. Luckily, it got better. But it does sound like what the OP is going through. I think you should check it out.

Sometimes i have wet farts on heavy good mornings.

i farted on my girls face while getting oral

im sucha bad bf

Here’s an earlier thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1498547

Maraudermeat’s post on the second page is a must read.

Cool, cool. I’m probably going to take it lighter for a while anyway, do some other shit for a couple weeks while I get my squat game up. Maybe get it checked up if it continues to be a problem in the future. BTW, it’s not because of my fiber intake, I probably don’t even get enough. Thanks for the thoughts, though.

Maybe more fiber would help.