T Nation

Deadlifting 175KG - 386LB


#1

This is a video clip of me deadlifting 175kg-386lb in the u83kg o40s class which was a PB for me then at the Northern Ireland Powerlifting Federation Championships on the 6th Oct 2012 my bodyweight was 78.8kg but I managed to lift 182.5kg - 402lb in the gym in March this year a new PB.


#2

you stiffed legged it but good lift non the less keep up the good work


#3

[quote]elflaco wrote:
you stiffed legged it but good lift non the less keep up the good work[/quote]

Thanks very much.


#4

Good stuff, but I agree with elflaco, you’ve got to let your legs shoulder more of the burden.


#5

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Good stuff, but I agree with elflaco, you’ve got to let your legs shoulder more of the burden. [/quote]

Thanks very much and thanks for the good advice.


#6

[quote]FELIX 43 wrote:

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Good stuff, but I agree with elflaco, you’ve got to let your legs shoulder more of the burden. [/quote]

Thanks very much and thanks for the good advice.[/quote]
Your start position looks good, but you raise your hips the moment you start pulling which is a shitty position.

Also, you might want to consider pulling your stance/grip in more, it will probably help if you already have a strong back/hamstrings. It will also give you a better pull off the floor.


#7

[quote]DSSG wrote:

[quote]FELIX 43 wrote:

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Good stuff, but I agree with elflaco, you’ve got to let your legs shoulder more of the burden. [/quote]

Thanks very much and thanks for the good advice.[/quote]
Your start position looks good, but you raise your hips the moment you start pulling which is a shitty position.

Also, you might want to consider pulling your stance/grip in more, it will probably help if you already have a strong back/hamstrings. It will also give you a better pull off the floor.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.


#8

x2 on bringing your stance in. You’re a narrow guy with long arms, no need to take that away from yourself, capitalize!


#9

[quote]FELIX 43 wrote:

[quote]DSSG wrote:

[quote]FELIX 43 wrote:

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Good stuff, but I agree with elflaco, you’ve got to let your legs shoulder more of the burden. [/quote]

Thanks very much and thanks for the good advice.[/quote]
Your start position looks good, but you raise your hips the moment you start pulling which is a shitty position.

Also, you might want to consider pulling your stance/grip in more, it will probably help if you already have a strong back/hamstrings. It will also give you a better pull off the floor.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.[/quote]
You are welcome. :slight_smile: I am 75 KG myself with a completely raw 177.5 deadlift at 15. It’s really not much to brag about, but I might as well give you some idea who the advice is coming from.


#10

[quote]DallasV wrote:
x2 on bringing your stance in. You’re a narrow guy with long arms, no need to take that away from yourself, capitalize![/quote]

Thanks for the advice.


#11

[quote]DSSG wrote:

[quote]FELIX 43 wrote:

[quote]DSSG wrote:

[quote]FELIX 43 wrote:

[quote]RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Good stuff, but I agree with elflaco, you’ve got to let your legs shoulder more of the burden. [/quote]

Thanks very much and thanks for the good advice.[/quote]
Your start position looks good, but you raise your hips the moment you start pulling which is a shitty position.

Also, you might want to consider pulling your stance/grip in more, it will probably help if you already have a strong back/hamstrings. It will also give you a better pull off the floor.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.[/quote]
You are welcome. :slight_smile: I am 75 KG myself with a completely raw 177.5 deadlift at 15. It’s really not much to brag about, but I might as well give you some idea who the advice is coming from. [/quote]

I would say 177.5kg at 75kg is a very good deadlift especially for someone aged 15 I am sure you will be lifting alot more again in the years to come I am aged 44 and have been training since my late teens but I only started deadlifting just over 2 and half years ago I had always avoided them due to lower back issues which have actually improved quite abit since I started deadlifting allow I still get the odd bit of bother now and again I now really enjoy the deadlift and I look forward to doing another comp next year and hopefully lifting more weight.