Deadlift video-575x5

My form looks vastly improved from a year or so ago, I am incorporating more hip and leg drive. Still some room for improvement, though, what do you all think?

Ideally you would have a flatter back or a bit better arch, but those don’t look too bad. The good news is you hold your back angle constant throughout the lift (i.e. not rounding more as you pull). I’ve seen some great pullers who look relatively similar to you. I think the key is to hold your back angle relatively constant on the way up and not end up so rounded over you can’t lockout the weight. Provided your max pulls look like this, I don’t see any reason for a huge overhaul. Like I said, maybe a little more arch in the low back, but that’s about it.

very nice!

Nice weight.

I think deadlift form is all about whos looking at it. To some, thatd be a perfect lift, for others, not so much. I’d suggest keeping your chest up and hips lower at the beginning of the lift, but thats just me. Different strokes for different folks.

Looks good

Strong as a tuna milkshake

Excellent pulling! Form looks pretty solid. I especially like how you don’t over emphasize back hyperextension at the top.

Look really good mate

Thanks, I’ve always been prone to having my deadlift look more like a stiff-leg deadlift, but am finally starting to get some hip and leg drive involved. As a consequence, my pull has increased pretty steadily the last 18 months or so.

Thad your form looks good but I would lose the new balance shoes for some deadlift slippers.They will give you a more solid base and get you closer to the floor.
Are you planning on lifting at the Battle on the border meet this year?

[quote]masterlifter1 wrote:

Thad your form looks good but I would lose the new balance shoes for some deadlift slippers.They will give you a more solid base and get you closer to the floor.
Are you planning on lifting at the Battle on the border meet this year? [/quote]

I thought about buying some, I’m just so used to pulling in these shoes right now. I think the only meet I’m doing this year will be Raw Nationals in Denver this summer.

Nice work

Nice pulling man, form looks good to me for that kind of weight for reps.

Where in NC are you at?

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Nice pulling man, form looks good to me for that kind of weight for reps.

Where in NC are you at?[/quote]

I train at a home gym in Cary, close to Durham.

Cool cool. Shame you’re not a bit closer to Jacksonville.

I think you can almost quintuple my max, so take my observations with a grain of salt

1. seems like you ‘shrug’ at the top, or maybe your upper back is tight throughout and thats you letting go? try consciously rounding the upper back

2. you’re definitely getting pulled onto your toes, at least the last 2 or 3 reps. I’d change footwear and if that doesnt do it, hammer your hams and glutes and cue yourself to really ‘sit back’ at the start of the deadlift and not let your shoulders get in front of the bar at any point

sick stuff tuna…BTW, I’m coming to work out with you and TC this weekend. See you then!

cool