Deadlift Tutorial I Made

I dont have a camera sorry. But ya your form looks pretty darn good. And if it isn’t causing you problems and you are able to get stronger then there is no reason to change; at least not for now.

Your form looks decent. You could try starting with your hip at a slightly higher point, not too much though. That might help get your shoulders slightly in front of the bar as opposed to slightly behind like they seem to be now. Your camera is at a slight angle though and that makes it look a bit more messed up than it is. That chick at the end of your video (the one being coached by Rippetoe) actually don’t have too bad form. Not great but she shouldn’t be in a “how not to deadlift” section in my opinion.

Now, this might make me sound like and ass but I just have to ask… Do you really think you have any business making an instructional video about deadlifting? It’s quite clear from your comments and from the video that you’re far from an expert at it. Sure, your form isn’t bad and more importantly it looks fairly safe so normally I wouldn’t give you a hard time about it. But when you claim it’s a deadlift tutorial I just expect more.

[quote]Matsa wrote:
Your form looks decent. You could try starting with your hip at a slightly higher point, not too much though. That might help get your shoulders slightly in front of the bar as opposed to slightly behind like they seem to be now. Your camera is at a slight angle though and that makes it look a bit more messed up than it is. That chick at the end of your video (the one being coached by Rippetoe) actually don’t have too bad form. Not great but she shouldn’t be in a “how not to deadlift” section in my opinion.

Now, this might make me sound like and ass but I just have to ask… Do you really think you have any business making an instructional video about deadlifting? It’s quite clear from your comments and from the video that you’re far from an expert at it. Sure, your form isn’t bad and more importantly it looks fairly safe so normally I wouldn’t give you a hard time about it. But when you claim it’s a deadlift tutorial I just expect more.[/quote]

i made it for my bro on a much smaller forum who injured his back after rounding. I meant to show him how I went from pulling from a rounded back to pulling with a straight back by focusing on bringing the shoulders back

This is my old pull a month ago http://vimeo.com/6954832

[quote]celtics2022 wrote:
Matsa wrote:

Now, this might make me sound like and ass but I just have to ask… Do you really think you have any business making an instructional video about deadlifting? It’s quite clear from your comments and from the video that you’re far from an expert at it. Sure, your form isn’t bad and more importantly it looks fairly safe so normally I wouldn’t give you a hard time about it. But when you claim it’s a deadlift tutorial I just expect more.

i made it for my bro on a much smaller forum who injured his back after rounding. I meant to show him how I went from pulling from a rounded back to pulling with a straight back by focusing on bringing the shoulders back

This is my old pull a month ago http://vimeo.com/6954832
[/quote]

Ah, I see. Maybe I was a bit hasty with my judgement but I’m getting increasingly annoyed and edgy with the way everyone and their mother are trying to be an “expert”. For what it’s worth I certainly don’t consider myself an expert in any way either.

There’s one thing I’ve started doing recently that I think helps keeping the back nice and tight throughout the lift. When I set myself up for the lift, I grab the bar and sort of pull myself into position if you understand what I mean. Just a quick way to get my body nice and tight quickly

It is a bit odd to me that you have to bring the shoulders back to prevent rounding the back. As you progress to heavier weights that might become a problem when the weight just becomes too great for the shoulders, then they will slump forwards a little whether you like it or not, and if that causes you to round the lower back… Get my point? Try to learn to keep your lower back neutral even when you relax your shoulders. Do a lot of practice sets with light to medium weights but still relatively low reps, consider it warmup or conditioning if you want. Focus on form and speed in these sets.

I don’t know if you’ll find that helpful but it’s what I’ve spent a lot of time with last year to really hammer down correct form. I still have lots of flaws I want to get rid of though.

And hope your buddy’s back didn’t get too screwed up.