T Nation

Deadlift Trouble

My squat has now surpassed my deadlift. I am squatting 315 5rm and my deadlift is 315 for 2rm. I have been doing lp programs that place more emphasis on the squat. Does anyone have a technique to help balance out my lifts?

[quote]cjsmp1029 wrote:
My squat has now surpassed my deadlift. I am squatting 315 5rm and my deadlift is 315 for 2rm. I have been doing lp programs that place more emphasis on the squat. Does anyone have a technique to help balance out my lifts?[/quote]

Are both lifts improving? It’s rare to find someone that has the exact same squat and deadlift.

Post a video of your squat and DL, either you are squatting high or doing something wild with your deadlift most likely.

X2 on the video please

Pretty much have the same issue, posting to see what other’s have to say.

From experience…i started squatting more and doing negatives…pause box squats and so on then my squat numbers flew…then i began deadlifting more than i squatted and my deads grew strong and squats suffered…you reap rewards where you sow my friend.

How about changing from looking at 5rm and 2rm to your max singles? That might give you a better idea of how your squat and deadlift compare. I know for myself I’m generally happier doing squats for reps compared to deadlifts at pretty much any weight, but my pull is decently heavier than my squat.